Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergate - Thoughts?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aluvi
12.17.2012 , 04:50 PM | #41
THe only issue with this map is the "box carrying" mechanic, and how little reward it gives you for so much time put into running back and forth. An example would be a game I played with friends, my side took the west node and carried boxes, the other side fought at the east node and prevented them from getting it. Although I was running boxes as a carnage mara (15% speed boost) and haulin butt with predation, my friend who was killing stuff at east got more medals, more objective points, more damage done, etc.

I feel like this is just another node game - boxes really don't matter, and will never be the deciding factor. WHich is fine, if this warzone is about killing people and holding a node, ok sure we know that works. But it's not original or interesting. Just another flavor of ice cream. Not a terrible flavor, but it doesn't really impress me.
Aluvian (now Aluvien) Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands
Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/kdbutler2
720p Carnage PvP Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

Henu
12.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #42
the map went to the bottom of my list and rather quickly... it feels like too much PVE rather than PVP.
We need more maps like CW and huttball.

The CW style map really feels like your in a war, the Guns shooting at the ships just gives that feel.. More maps like this please BW
Kripty / Snips

Aaoogaa
12.17.2012 , 05:16 PM | #43
This warzone should be disabled.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

ObsidianVashti
12.17.2012 , 05:28 PM | #44
Personally it is my favorite warzone. That being said however I think the warzones overall could be improved. As some have commented it seems fairly impractical for the Republic and Empire to be fighting over this particular weapon. I like that there is a fair amount more strategy behind this warzone than there has been in the others. (A lot of people still don't really get how to properly play this warzone) In general I feel like the PvP aspect of TOR could use a major upgrade. Create drastically different environments and gameplay that make sense with the overall war between the Republic and Empire. Let us choose which Warzone we are entering. Have some larger more all out massive battles. Do one warzone by kills, or taking over bases, in essence perhaps a Battlefront styled Warzone? Just change it up a bit Bioware that's all I'm asking.

Akomo
12.17.2012 , 05:37 PM | #45
Another no face post.Anyways i like the new zone.I wont debate the mechanics with the rest of the Muppets hère since im too busy playing the Game!

Have a Nice Day suckas!
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

DarthBloodloss
12.17.2012 , 06:06 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
since im too busy playing the Game!
Clearly
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Asvarduil
12.17.2012 , 07:00 PM | #47
The Good
  • Two-phase gameplay - leads to fights that get shaken up and remain somewhat more interesting.
  • Emphasis on individual fights mattering, as it contributes directly to the score.

The Bad
  • Nodes are so far apart even from the middle buffer zone, that setting up coordinated assaults on pylons is very difficult, if not impossible.
  • There appear to be few strategies that can be worked due to this distance disparity; it might be a better idea to simply set up ganks than play the warzone's objectives, provided most teams do what I currently see where one side takes one node, the other side takes the other, then everyone goes to dueling
  • Not nearly enough LoS cover spots to take advantage of. In fact, even though I don't usually PvP as cover classes (stealth is more my cup of tea), there do not seem to be a wealth of any cover spot to take advantage of, which puzzles me, given that two base classes give the option of using cover.

Suggestions
  • Add cover locations for cover classes, and more LOS breaks for non-cover classes.
  • Slightly increase the time between pylon detonations, to give more time for factions to fight over nodes. At max, an additional 30 seconds would do much to make fights more interesting and keep pylons changing hands.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

Ansalem
12.17.2012 , 08:10 PM | #48
pretty amazing that this issue didn't get noticed with their pro internal testing team or the limited people that still play the PTR...

Totaltrash
12.17.2012 , 08:13 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
pretty amazing that this issue didn't get noticed with their pro internal testing team or the limited people that still play the PTR...
Tsk, tsk, don't make fun of the World's best pvp developers!

TheRampage
12.17.2012 , 08:43 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluvi View Post
THe only issue with this map is the "box carrying" mechanic, and how little reward it gives you for so much time put into running back and forth. An example would be a game I played with friends, my side took the west node and carried boxes, the other side fought at the east node and prevented them from getting it. Although I was running boxes as a carnage mara (15% speed boost) and haulin butt with predation, my friend who was killing stuff at east got more medals, more objective points, more damage done, etc.

I feel like this is just another node game - boxes really don't matter, and will never be the deciding factor. WHich is fine, if this warzone is about killing people and holding a node, ok sure we know that works. But it's not original or interesting. Just another flavor of ice cream. Not a terrible flavor, but it doesn't really impress me.
This. Map is interesting, it has nice objective points, you can win even if u are far behind, but make that box looting important.
At this point people cap one side, try to prevent other from caping and kill each other. Kiling gives points as well, nobody is looting that lightning stuff. Make that only way to win the game, maybe lower the loot time, to 3 seconds, then it will be someting different.