Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Acid blade & hypergates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Acid blade & hypergates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
12.17.2012 , 11:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Now this made my sig out of date...
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry

^ This part may be obsolete too. Dat yellow....
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

-Mythix-'s Avatar


-Mythix-
12.17.2012 , 12:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to step in here to let you know that this is, in fact, a bug that we will be fixing in a future patch. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Could you also look into letting players being able to use their out of combat heal when these DoT's stick around? Frustrating when you kill someone, combat ends, but you can't heal up due to lingering DoT's, especially if it's a Gunslinger/Sniper (Lethality). That shouldn't be intended at all. If DoT's can't prevent caps on a node, then DoT's shouldn't prevent out-of-combat self healing.

minervasunrider's Avatar


minervasunrider
12.17.2012 , 03:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
To make sure I understand this, ALL dots and dot effects (reapplied poison from operative, the half as much damage one) should not interrupt a cap? And the OP is saying that Acid Blades dot effect is preventing the cap ONLY in Ancient Hypergates? I will try to do some testing if the game allows me into that scenario.
AFAIK it is only acid blade, and I have only seen this in Hypergate, which isn't to say that it wouldn't work in another WZ ,just that I haven't noticed it before. It's kind of a rare situation to be able to test - it would require me to be solo defending a node AND have an enemy attempt to CC cap me AND have my acid blade applied to them. This combination of factors has rarely come up before, but the short cap time on Hypergate probably encouraged them to try to cc me instead of just squashing my squishy ***.

I haven't had the opportunity to try it with any other dot, though I know for a fact that my sorc dots have no similar effect in other WZs, and I don't know if they do in Hypergate.

Reapplied DoTs from lingering toxins (or the equivalent smuggler ability) DO seem to interrupt caps. At least that's been reported to me by lethality buddies. But that's off topic.
The Ebon Hawk | The Athena Legacy | <Game Genie> | <Empire>

minervasunrider's Avatar


minervasunrider
12.17.2012 , 03:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by -Mythix- View Post
Could you also look into letting players being able to use their out of combat heal when these DoT's stick around? Frustrating when you kill someone, combat ends, but you can't heal up due to lingering DoT's, especially if it's a Gunslinger/Sniper (Lethality). That shouldn't be intended at all. If DoT's can't prevent caps on a node, then DoT's shouldn't prevent out-of-combat self healing.
If combat ends, you can heal up, but the re-application of the dot on its expiration will interrupt it. (I don't think this puts you into combat though, or at least not for very long).
The Ebon Hawk | The Athena Legacy | <Game Genie> | <Empire>

-Mythix-'s Avatar


-Mythix-
12.17.2012 , 03:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by minervasunrider View Post
If combat ends, you can heal up, but the re-application of the dot on its expiration will interrupt it. (I don't think this puts you into combat though, or at least not for very long).
No it doesn't put us into combat, this I am aware of, but the DoT's will interrupt (on each tick) our out-of-combat heal. I can't count how many times I'm trying to heal up, only to get combat generated again because the current system doesn't clear DoT's upon the opposing players death, in which case I'm put at a disadvantage. Point is, if DoT's no longer interrupt a node cap (which is a cast), I don't see why they couldn't implement the same coding for our out of combat regen.

DarthBloodloss's Avatar


DarthBloodloss
12.17.2012 , 04:04 PM | #26
Funny that about half the population supported this when it was intended design, way back in the day

Shame on you, you know who you are!
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

-Mythix-'s Avatar


-Mythix-
12.17.2012 , 04:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Funny that about half the population supported this when it was intended design, way back in the day

Shame on you, you know who you are!
I call shenanigans; as 70% of the original population no longer plays.