Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 issue

DioramaMan
12.15.2012 , 08:18 AM | #1
I keep getting Error Code 9000
I've tried everything, port forwarding, firewall config, registry cleaning, client repair and nothing. After half an hour or so i get logged out with the error code 9000, then it comes up with cant retrieve server list and it closes my game.
Getting a bit ridiculous now. Been going on for close to two days
Any help would be much appreciated

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 08:24 AM | #2
See if you have these entries in your registry if you don't this won't help you as this just sets back to defaults by deleting the keys.

1) Step one, locate your Network Identifier under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

You should be able to recognise it by the "DhcpIPAddress" which will be the same as your IP address, unless you have a static address but it should be in there somewhere.

2) Delete the keys named "TcpAckFrequency" and "TCPNoDelay". (most likely these both have a value of 1, the defaults are 2 & 0 respectively and deleting them will revert to the default)

The server select screen and close is by design this happens when the client loses connectivity to the server
with me this occurs when my ADSL drops.

OwenBrooks
12.15.2012 , 09:02 AM | #3
This was posted previously as a possible fix for 9000 errors as well.

If you're getting frequent error code 9000 disconnect errors, try these steps to fix.

1. Head to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35 and make sure you are running the latest DirectX.

2. Right click the SWTOR exe file in your Electronic Arts/Bioware/SWToR directory, do this on the launcher.exe and the swtor.exe in the retail folder , select properties and choose compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Vista service pack

3. Also in the compatibility tab run both of these .exe as administrator.

4. If you have access to your firewall/router, open or forward these ports to your IP:

8995 TCP
12000-12999 TCP
20000-30000 TCP

5. Reset your modem/router and see if this helps.

RockinSmack
07.02.2013 , 09:32 PM | #4
Hey just to let everyone know:

After screwing around for about a week and trying all the suggestions I could find throughout every forum, even dl'd the game on my back up PC (same problem)... I came to the conclusion that it had to be the actual internet connection somehow not being constant.

I tethered my iphone and ran for over 8 hours straight with no disconnects. Turns out, it's my ISP. I live in eastern Ontario (big company with a red and white logo) - they throttle constant connections to games like Diablo, PoE & Wow, SWTOR etc... I'm in process of switching to a non-biased provider and using my phone for the time being.

Try this if all else fails.

Cheers!

MikailManco
07.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #5
I am really, really about to *********** flip... 3 months now, same **** every *********** day.. tried everything, and i mean everything.. im a subsc and from next month of im cancelling that and deleting this ****..
pathetic

MikailManco
07.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #6
I am really, really about to *********** flip... 3 months now, same **** every *********** day.. tried everything, and i mean everything.. im a subsc and from next month of im cancelling that and deleting this ****..
The latency rises to 150k at times