Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Episode VII


Distefano's Avatar


Distefano
12.14.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
Does anyone else think Disney will make Episode VII? I thought it was a good book. Haven't read it in Years but I hope I get to see "Dark Side Luke" on the big screen

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.14.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Distefano View Post
Does anyone else think Disney will make Episode VII? I thought it was a good book. Haven't read it in Years but I hope I get to see "Dark Side Luke" on the big screen
think they already confirmed that Ep VII will be in some far enouth future not to interfere with any existing book/canon?
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

NorArkon's Avatar


NorArkon
12.22.2012 , 11:26 AM | #3
The "Dark side Luke" will be maybe in episode IX, after the "Princess Leia's wedding" and the "Thrawn trilogy". But if Regenerated Emperor and Dark side Luke would be in cinemas, I will see it !

Eurynamous's Avatar


Eurynamous
12.26.2012 , 04:15 PM | #4
It won't be off of any of those books. Lucas wrote the treatments and he has stated that those books were far from what he would have done with his characters.

I hope it's all new content, leaving the Skywalker story as a distant memory, thought of and honoured but ultimately left alone.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.26.2012 , 04:21 PM | #5
The canon from the post Return of the Jedi books is going to get ret-conned bigtime. I'm guessing they will focus on the Solo and/or Skywalker kids.

Honestly, the EU needed a big ret-con anyway. It has run well off the tracks. They keep trying to create more and more ridiculously overpowered characters. I'm glad that stuff is about to get thrown out.

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
12.26.2012 , 04:36 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I'm guessing they will focus on the Solo and/or Skywalker kids.
My thoughts exactly, or Disney wouldn't be entertaining the thought of bringing the triplets back and moved in another direction. It'll bring closure and open new doors.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination - Pirana

dianogas's Avatar


dianogas
12.26.2012 , 05:23 PM | #7
I am hoping they will fast forward to the battles with the YuuZhan Vong.

This way we get Han Solo, Luke and Leia, able to play their aged selves plus their kids as teenagers.

Eurynamous's Avatar


Eurynamous
12.26.2012 , 06:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by dianogas View Post
I am hoping they will fast forward to the battles with the YuuZhan Vong.

This way we get Han Solo, Luke and Leia, able to play their aged selves plus their kids as teenagers.
I hope not, that was the worst chunk of unimiginative toilet paper to date. "How can we make a threat worse than inner conflict between ones needs and wants that manifest into pure darkness and loss?"

"!!! We introduce an alien species that ignores how the universe exists and is deadly and ugly!!!"

People, please pray for original content, not something that was great for some and mediocre to others. It can only lead to disappointment to both parties, because movies hardly live up to the novel they came from.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

Erixander's Avatar


Erixander
12.26.2012 , 07:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
I hope not, that was the worst chunk of unimiginative toilet paper to date. "How can we make a threat worse than inner conflict between ones needs and wants that manifest into pure darkness and loss?"

"!!! We introduce an alien species that ignores how the universe exists and is deadly and ugly!!!"

People, please pray for original content, not something that was great for some and mediocre to others. It can only lead to disappointment to both parties, because movies hardly live up to the novel they came from.
Couldn't agree more.

Azzirith's Avatar


Azzirith
12.26.2012 , 08:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
I hope not, that was the worst chunk of unimiginative toilet paper to date. "How can we make a threat worse than inner conflict between ones needs and wants that manifest into pure darkness and loss?"

"!!! We introduce an alien species that ignores how the universe exists and is deadly and ugly!!!"

People, please pray for original content, not something that was great for some and mediocre to others. It can only lead to disappointment to both parties, because movies hardly live up to the novel they came from.
Couldn't disagree more. The Yuushan Vong were some of my favorite villains they've brought out yet. It was nice seeing the Jedi, Republic and Empire all on their heels for most of the fight, and fighting something other than themselves and the Sith. They needed a common enemy to unite the Republic and the Empire.