Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Avg level to be at when leaving Taris?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Avg level to be at when leaving Taris?

TracyJackson
12.13.2012 , 08:41 AM | #1
I'm a Smuggler Gunslinger, and currently at lv 18. I think i'm heading toward the end of my stay at Taris, so I don't think I can level too much by the time my missions in Taris are done with. I was at lv 16 and 12exp away from going into 17 when I finally got my ship.

Was wondering what's the average level to be at when you leave Taris for Nar Shaddaa? I did all the missions I can find that isn't heroics, so that might be hard to get up too many levels.
Tracyjackson // Republic // Rylo'delmarr // Sith //
Jedi Guardian (60+ in progress) Inquisitor Sorcerer (65)
Jedi Covenant (US)

Mowermanx
12.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #2
On my last 3 toons, I was 23-24 when I hit Nar Shaddaa.

jorill
12.13.2012 , 08:52 AM | #3
you also have the bonus series if im not mistaken if you havent done that already

BobaScott
12.13.2012 , 08:54 AM | #4
The space missions (if they aren't grey) are good for XP as well. Boring maybe, but they helped me level up quicker.

HarleysRule
12.13.2012 , 08:57 AM | #5
Did you do the bonus series on Taris?

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
On my last 3 toons, I was 23-24 when I hit Nar Shaddaa.
Ditto...generally 24

I did Esseles twice on each character and was was level 18-19 when I left Coruscant. I don't do lowbie PvP or space missions. Generally don't do Hammer Station or Athiss. I *do* do all the bonus parts of quests, and all the heroics unless I can't find groups before I leave the planet and still outlevel planets. Bonus parts of every quest adds up to a lot of XP, not to mention credits and sometimes quest rewards.

Sounds like OP is skipping a lot.

Keypek
12.13.2012 , 09:40 AM | #6
Don't be to sure about Taris. Just when you think you are finally done with that god awful planet you have to go kill MORE rakghouls in a different place for a different reason. And there is the bonus series as well. But you probably want to be 22ish before you go to Nar Shadda... not required but makes things easier. I'm usually 23 or 24 for Nar Shadda but I mix in pvp, space missions, and flashpoints in there.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

Lullas
12.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #7
This is something I don't entirely understand....is the point to outlvl the content by the 3rd planet? I was 18 when I left the 10-15 planet, and will be 23 when I leave the 15-20 planet heading to the 20-25 planet, it just seems like by the time I'm on the, say, 35-40 planet I'll be leaving at like 45 or something and doing gray quests is no fun. Does this change later on or is there a difficultly jump from one planet to the next?

Chaoslordfox
12.13.2012 , 09:48 AM | #8
OK the fact that you got two levels and are almost done with begs this question Did you do any of t he planetary quest or just your class quest? Because Generally doing all the planet Quest (Minus heroics) and the class quest should net you more then 3 levels.....
Welcome to the realm of chaos and destruction

Satanski
12.13.2012 , 10:17 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lullas View Post
This is something I don't entirely understand....is the point to outlvl the content by the 3rd planet? I was 18 when I left the 10-15 planet, and will be 23 when I leave the 15-20 planet heading to the 20-25 planet, it just seems like by the time I'm on the, say, 35-40 planet I'll be leaving at like 45 or something and doing gray quests is no fun. Does this change later on or is there a difficultly jump from one planet to the next?
Unfortunately nope :-(

jorill
12.13.2012 , 10:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lullas View Post
i never was to the point where the quests were greyed out. You level alot slower once say you hit 25-30.