Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Improved" Power Coversion Module vs. Power Conversion Module

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Improved" Power Coversion Module vs. Power Conversion Module

Evil_Dave
12.12.2012 , 03:48 PM | #1
Can anyone tell me if there's a substantial difference between these two? Based on their tooltips, the only difference is the artifact quality level and the addition of 'Improved' to the name. I don't feel like dropping 200-300k credits on an 'upgrade' that doesn't do anything.

Wallner
02.01.2013 , 09:13 AM | #2
Bump. I would also like to know this. Why should I buy it?
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

nbayer
02.01.2013 , 10:22 AM | #3
Space parts are kind of mysterious in general, for example the grade 7 armor and shield provide a damage boost but it is not displayed anywhere in the tooltip.

magecutter
02.01.2013 , 12:35 PM | #4
if memory serves, the improved version has a higher/faster 're-charge' rate for shields and the difference between high blaster power/low shields and low shields/high blaster is at a more favorable rate.

check the descriptions to be sure of course. as to is it worth it? only you can make that decision... I went with the improved and am not upset (noticed a difference).

btw, you buy those with fleet comms right? should not be as expensive as you've stated.... again, if memory serves.

good luck!

edit - pretty sure I'm talking about a different part, sorry bout that. will leave my comment in place just in case.

nbayer
02.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #5
The power converter is the one grade 7 peice you can purchase with credits.