Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Grade 7 Parts on Cartel Market: Greed before Crafters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Grade 7 Parts on Cartel Market: Greed before Crafters

Khevar
12.12.2012 , 06:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tironum View Post

A suggestion for the future - if you want to sell the items for cash, put the items in the Cartel market 6 weeks after the schematics are released.
OR,

Six weeks from now pull the spaceship parts from the Cartel Market! Make 'em come to us, I say.

WillDad
12.12.2012 , 06:40 PM | #12
This to go along with molecular stabilizers dropping in the new packs = complete rip off.
Kodose 55 Assassin and Kodosk 55 Marauder

Sevron 48 Mercenary

Holinyx
12.12.2012 , 07:46 PM | #13
yeah most people don't have 3,000 fleet comms lying around (for each character!) to get the ship upgrades.

and stabilizers to craft? really? i paid real money for the new upgrades via the Cartel Market simply because doing it via crafting and Fleet comms would have taken me probably 2 months and over a million credits.

sooooo not worth it.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Suzina
12.14.2012 , 05:01 AM | #14
Pay to win space =
Member of Bane Fleet

Khevar
12.14.2012 , 11:31 AM | #15
In the continuing saga, some individual purchased 10 complete sets of Grade 7 equipment, I guessing for about $80 worth of Cartel coins.

He then proceeded to list all 90 pieces of equipment at once on the GTN for about 100k each.

Any ship parts crafters who spent time preparing for 1.6 by grinding commendations to get schematics and materials are out of a job.

uziforyou
12.14.2012 , 11:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SCHodge View Post
Bioware,

As a subscriber from the beginning, it is extremely poor form of you to release schematics to the community and then turn around and sell the finished item on the Cartel Market, particularly when the schematics in question are costly to obtain in terms of in-game time. This is exactly the sort of short-sighted P2W behavior we were promised we would not see, and it only took two patches to appear.

You can try to micromonetize everything in sight if you want, but you'll destroy the game in the process. Something about geese, golden eggs, and the inability to procure an infinity of said eggs via vivisection.

Disgruntled Long-Time Subscriber/Undertapped Monetization Opportunity
Is it really a surprise that EA/Bioware would put their profits above your in game ones? Frankly, the impact to crafters was nothing compared to what they've already made and will make by doing what they did. Expect more of the same in the future, not less.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Beef_Cake
12.16.2012 , 03:16 AM | #17
Don't look at this in a bad way guys. Look at it as I do. BW just saved me a month and a half of subscription time on grinding out all the Commendations to purchase all of these parts. So I say thank you BW for saving me money. You just shorted yourself almost 2 months of my subscription with this little gimmick.

I purchased each part from some guy in Gen Chat for 100k each. Full ship upgrades, didn't have to grind out 2 months of Commendations, didn't have to spend my own real money for Cartel Coins to get them, I spent in game currency, which in theory I paid nothing for them. Thanks BW!
Nakiri - 50 Sage Healer / DPS
Crafter for the Republic - Prophecy of the Five

Nythain
12.16.2012 , 10:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Perhaps, if people are just trying to generate credits from the cartel market then are the ship parts the best CC to credit ratio? I don't personally know as I have never looked into that.
Probably not the best direct CC to Credit, since other items will sell for millions. But, definitely the best way to go about it, since you can buy the ship upgrades specifically without relying on RNG and Cartel Packs for the higher value items.

Actually by allowing them to be obtained without RNG, and without making them BoP, it's a pretty good credit farm for people who can afford to turn real money into game money.

Icebergy
12.16.2012 , 10:52 AM | #19
To sum up: "Crafters' disappointed that they can't satisfy their greed because of other people's greed.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

Khevar
12.16.2012 , 12:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
To sum up: "Crafters' disappointed that they can't satisfy their greed because of other people's greed.
Wow, do you really believe this?

What an amazingly short-sighted view.

When the crafted components were added in 1.6, they require a ton of commendations to get the schematics. This means grinding grinding grinding. Once you've managed to unlock the schems, they require materials that you have to grind more time for.

If the "rich people glutting the market" is an intended mechanism, the schematics should be cheaper, and require fewer materials.

Edit: And by rich I mean real world $$