Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.13.2012 , 08:44 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
I'm not joking, last night, I queued with two 12k hpers. I would have thought recruit gear would have put you over that.
I think Recruit puts you right around 15k. I could be wrong because I have never had a toon with only recruit, but I am sure it should be closer to 15k than 12k.

ForsakenKing's Avatar


ForsakenKing
12.13.2012 , 08:48 AM | #72
ive been through the wh/recruit grind on 2 characters (1 recently before the announcement of 1.6) and through the bag RNG crap back in the day. I personally think that this is the best thing that BW has done for PvP since launch and i think that an overwhelming majority feel the same way. WZs are more competitive and therefore more fun. I am also more willing to level up new characters now because i know that i can get wh relatively quickly.

It has been a long time since i thought i would say this but THANK YOU BW for making the PvP experience of this game more enjoyable.

islander's Avatar


islander
12.13.2012 , 08:53 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
I'm not joking, last night, I queued with two 12k hpers. I would have thought recruit gear would have put you over that.
I literally quit warzones before they start 50% of the time. If I'm solo queueing. I don't know how some people can be so unbelievably ignorant.

I agree with the last guy above me though. I'm looking forward to actually finish gearing my mara now, as well as get back to leveling my sniper. With the amount of PT I put in a week, at some point I had to just pick one level 50 to gear out previously.
Ǵllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
12.13.2012 , 09:06 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
[sarcasm] Or why not just make them purchasable like recruit gear?[/sarcasm] if they're doing that then why hand out gear at all? Its like saying drop rakata on regular flashpoints.
Dude you are allowed to disagree but do you really not see my point?

I'm not saying you should be able to trade in that BM piece you bought 6 months ago. Just the ones bought since the announcement of the new tier and pricing. Would have made the game a lot more enjoyable on my toons that are fresh 50s, instead of keeping their gear level artificially low while I banked comms so as not to waste them.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
12.13.2012 , 09:24 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by minervasunrider View Post
We knew about the new cost structure and the removal of BM gear a number of weeks ago (whenever 1.6 went up on the PTS). Anybody who was spending WZ comms on BM gear and ranked comms on WH gear after that point was making a poor decision (or at least a very short-term one).

Keep in mind that you can now acquire WH gear as quickly as any new 50s can. You can catch up to min/maxed WH geared opponents much faster than before. Why is this bad?
Not really bad, but a lot of people like to have progression and this just took it a big step towards GW2 and for some it's not desirable for long term play. And I doubt they will fill the hole they just created.

The old way would have been fine, BW just shot themselves in the foot by not having cross server ques so they could balance game matching.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
12.13.2012 , 09:35 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
ive been through the wh/recruit grind on 2 characters (1 recently before the announcement of 1.6) and through the bag RNG crap back in the day. I personally think that this is the best thing that BW has done for PvP since launch and i think that an overwhelming majority feel the same way. WZs are more competitive and therefore more fun. I am also more willing to level up new characters now because i know that i can get wh relatively quickly.

It has been a long time since i thought i would say this but THANK YOU BW for making the PvP experience of this game more enjoyable.
I agree a lot with this post. I get tired of playing the same toon again over and over; which the old gap really would force you to do until geared. I like that you still have some time investment in WH; even if it is small; but then can compete.

The only thing I would suggest would be for the more "hard core" players who want to grind for an edge. It should remain slight as to maintain the baseline (WH) armor staying viable, but yet should show some reward a little better than EWH gear does now. Maybe the next tier above what we have for armor would be PvP mods (actual modifications rather than armor sets) that allow a character to min/max more optimally than the easier to obtain WH gear.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
12.13.2012 , 11:13 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
ive been through the wh/recruit grind on 2 characters (1 recently before the announcement of 1.6) and through the bag RNG crap back in the day. I personally think that this is the best thing that BW has done for PvP since launch and i think that an overwhelming majority feel the same way. WZs are more competitive and therefore more fun. I am also more willing to level up new characters now because i know that i can get wh relatively quickly.

It has been a long time since i thought i would say this but THANK YOU BW for making the PvP experience of this game more enjoyable.
Absolutely right they did!!! Great reply!!!

To those of you that "didn't know" it was coming, you're only 2-weeks behind, big deal. I knew it was and I bought 2 WH and 2 EWH pieces on Tuesday because I was patient.

As for this removing incentive...bull lol. EWH, even with it's modest stat boosts, IS a carrot to PvPers.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Simbr's Avatar


Simbr
12.13.2012 , 11:58 AM | #78
PvP for fun not for points! Having said that, I wish they had kept Battlemaster gear, maybe put price of War Hero between that and Elite. I also liked the Champion gear, they needed to change the terrible random loot system, but I didn't see the logic in removing the armor.

As for the token grind, Elite War Hero will probably be cheaper than Recruit a year from now, if it even still exists. Its an MMO and a poorly designed one at that. So if it is a grind to you, don't bother with it or you will be back here whining again in 6 months.

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
12.13.2012 , 12:57 PM | #79
There is a middle ground. The problem with the old progression was that each tier gave a big jump in stats AND expertise. If you kept expertise relatively flat across the gear progression but gave moderate stat bonuses, you would still see an improvement with better gear, but not so much that it made most warzones laughably uncompetitive.

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
12.13.2012 , 01:14 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Is there a reason the Elite War Hero gear couldn't have given real stat increases?
The WH->EWH differences are on the same scale as the Campaign -> Dread Guard gear in PvE, so it makes sense from that perspective. But I see your point about the cost. It is really the same argument about the Hazmat implants for PvE...350 BH comms each for very small increases.