Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Patch 1.6 and the frustrated PVPer

Velanoss
12.11.2012 , 05:45 PM | #1
After finally achieving lvl 50 on my Trooper and after having suffered through the initial gear imbalance of a fresh 50 PVPer and working my way through full battlemaster gear and finally having enough rank warzones to purchase my first piece of war hero gear. The 1.6 patch made all that effort null and void. I feel like all that time and effort was wasted. Its a complete let down. I am sure there are other players under similar circumstances.

We should get an opportunity to get our ranked warzone commendations back or SWTOR should allow battle master gear to be exchanged at a reduced cost or even traded in. This is completely frustrating and unfair.

What say the community? What say you Dev's? Do you think its fair?

UltimateKrucible
12.11.2012 , 05:50 PM | #3
He's talking about the deletion of BM gear. New 50s go straight onto WH gear.

It's like a huge rug you spent months weaving being pulled out from under your feet the minute you put it on the floor to admire.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

fyrene
12.11.2012 , 05:50 PM | #4
Lol.. that is pretty much every mmo with a tier system for gear. New patch comes out, that means mean tier of gear. The new tier becomes the old tier. And, if you are really that impressed with the fact that you grinded full BM set.. when that really does not even take long then Idk what to tell you.. Either suck it up or leave I guess. This type of thing happens to many players in many games and its just something you need to deal with. Be happy you are still not in Recruit gear.. at least you can accomplish some nice numbers with BM gear.

chadbrewer
12.11.2012 , 06:16 PM | #5
I'm not happy at all with war hero being made to cost the same as battlemaster. Why even bother doing flashpoints or operations. I have more endurance selecting the war hero mods that I want than a standard set of tank black hole gear. PvP gear should not be given away like this.

I originally thought bioware had a great idea that endgame content could be achieved and you could be the most powerful character PvP wise if you just put the time in. In effect it gives everyone equal opportunity but I don't play a game to have things given to me or handed to other people. I've been a loyal subscriber since launch and have actively promoted this game to help it succeed because I want it to. I've even bought the game for friends and family. This makes me want to delete my character right now and quit. What's the point? Something that took me months of solid playing can now be achieved in 3-4 days and the cycle is just going to continue. Why do I want to spend another 3 months to grind elite when It'll just become dirt cheap.

And yes I know new gears come out and make old ones not worthwhile anymore but not to the extreme nature of this. Why should someone who's been level 50 for a week or 2 be able to run in top tier gear?

Blaskar
12.11.2012 , 06:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by chadbrewer View Post
I originally thought bioware had a great idea that endgame content could be achieved and you could be the most powerful character PvP wise if you just put the time in.
Yeah, because the gear should determine how good of a PVP'er you are, not your skill.

AMKSED
12.11.2012 , 06:38 PM | #7
Whole lotta cryin' in this thread.

Dracokyaku
12.11.2012 , 06:39 PM | #8
I
I originally thought bioware had a great idea that endgame content could be achieved and you could be the most powerful character PvP wise if you just put the time in. In effect it gives everyone equal opportunity but I don't play a game to have things given to me or handed to other people. I've been a loyal subscriber since launch and have actively promoted this game to help it succeed because I want it to. I've even bought the game for friends and family. This makes me want to delete my character right now and quit. What's the point? Something that took me months of solid playing can now be achieved in 3-4 days and the cycle is just going to continue. Why do I want to spend another 3 months to grind elite when It'll just become dirt cheap.
Were you only playing for the gear and the advantage or did you play for fun over the last year? Personally I'm really not bothered over the 1.6 changes, for the first time in a while the game is closer to putting people on a level footing when it comes to PvP.

Thats's a good thing, after all: would you not rather come out on top against another player knowing that it was down to skill rather than gear?
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Dracokyaku
12.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #9
Why should someone who's been level 50 for a week or 2 be able to run in top tier gear?
Balance for us, enjoyability for them.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

minervasunrider
12.11.2012 , 06:47 PM | #10
We knew about the new cost structure and the removal of BM gear a number of weeks ago (whenever 1.6 went up on the PTS). Anybody who was spending WZ comms on BM gear and ranked comms on WH gear after that point was making a poor decision (or at least a very short-term one).

Keep in mind that you can now acquire WH gear as quickly as any new 50s can. You can catch up to min/maxed WH geared opponents much faster than before. Why is this bad?
The Ebon Hawk | The Athena Legacy | <Game Genie> | <Empire>