Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My experiences in the new Heroic Space missions.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
My experiences in the new Heroic Space missions.

Zohkar
12.11.2012 , 02:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarenne View Post
All the new parts can be purchased with fleet comms, daily comms and on the GTN - stop trying to make it sound like something it isn't.
Problem with that, if you do not have the money in game or the coms to buy it right out of the gate, you could spend 1200 cartel coins and get everything you need to do the missions, that in essence is pay to win. Putting those on the cartel market was wrong.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

MorgothPl
12.11.2012 , 02:46 PM | #12
But win what? 5 BH comms a week... that's 20 a month, that's not even enough to buy anything from vendor. Then what, 200k creds a month? That's a day of dailies. Nothing game breaking and certainly not something that gives you unfair advantage over the others.

Lets do also the math to gain the fleet comms. You need 2900 comms. Lets say, you have 4 lev 50s. You can get 160 a day. That means you can get those 1500 for true items in 10 days. Also that means enough money to buy the craftable ones from GTN, or if you have cybertech, in next 10 days you get receipes. That's not big grind.

Besides, some, like me, started to grind comms, when prices were announced.

Kitru
12.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
Problem with that, if you do not have the money in game or the coms to buy it right out of the gate, you could spend 1200 cartel coins and get everything you need to do the missions, that in essence is pay to win. Putting those on the cartel market was wrong.
First off, "pay to win" would be providing you with gear that lets you instantly succeed at the missions. The Heroic Space missions are *definitely* harder than just "having the right gear for the job". You have to have the piloting skills and planning skills to use said gear *effectively* in order to win. The Heroic missions are not simply ones that you can faceroll through.

Secondly, you have to remember that the Space missions are *not* primary content. They're a minigame. You don't have to level up your piloting skills or run through a story like you do with the main game to get access to the space missions. Before the heroic space missions were released, you could throw 200k at the AH and a vendor and get all the gear you needed to do almost any of the space missions without any problems. *That* was pay-to-win (albeit in game currency rather than real money) because all you needed to do was spend some cash to be massively overgeared for it. It's perfectly acceptable, imo, if someone wants to toss some real money at the developers to instantly jump into the new space content (which, remember, is a *minigame* and not the primary focus of the game) rather than having to spend several days to a week of doing space missions every day, grinding daily comms and mats, and leveling up a Cybertech to make use the given schematics, I would have to say they should be able to.

I don't know of anyone that bought TOR because of the Space Missions, nor do I know of anyone that plays TOR exclusively *for* the Space Missions; allowing people to spend money to jump into the content all at once is perfectly justifiable since it's not a major component of the game. It's not like the developers are providing full 63 gear for PvP and PvE, which *are* aspects of the game that people buy and play the game for, often exclusively for that part of the game, through the Cartel Market. *That* would be "pay-to-win". The G7 Ship Upgrades acquired via the Cartel Market are just "pay for instant access to secondary content". It's like spending coins for additional races rather than earning them by leveling a character to 50.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

hobrogaming
12.11.2012 , 02:51 PM | #14
Whats the minimum requirements in order to beat them all grade 7s?

Ansalem
12.11.2012 , 02:59 PM | #15
I found the heroic space missions extremely easy and a boring waste of time. The only one that was somewhat challenging was cha raaba assault, but its pretty easy if you use your shield power up. I used evasion for the first minefield, which carried into the second one. at that point I activated my shield power up and emp'd the frigate. Then missled away with my shield power up on while dodging asteroids. Its a lil close at that point but the faster you down the shuttle the better, then just switch between blaster buff and shield buff for short bursts on the remaining ships. Was able to down the ships and regen shields whenever possible and then finish the frigate off as it hyps out with about 7s left on the mission.
The reward is meh and there really isn't anything the space missions offer that makes doing them worth it. At this point Im burned out with BH comm grind and have all the gear I need. Just another boring stuck on a roller coaster rails space shooter. I might do each of the daily quests until I've done them all, but I doubt it. Complete snorefest and waste of time, money, and resources.

Khevar
12.11.2012 , 03:22 PM | #16
Having Grade 7 gear in the cartel shop doesn't seem pay-to-win at all to me. I don't have any objection from that perspective.

However, I have a 400 Cybertech and I was really looking forward to have crafted Graded 7 parts as a valuable addition to my repertoire. The fact that they can be bought with coins bothers me from a crafting perspective -- how much of my potential profit as a crafter will be lost?

it's not the end of the world or anything, I just think it would have been nice to be exclusive to the fleet/daily vendors and cybertech crafters.

Sarenne
12.11.2012 , 03:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
Can't buy piloting skill at the cartel market.

Elear
12.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
However, I have a 400 Cybertech and I was really looking forward to have crafted Graded 7 parts as a valuable addition to my repertoire. The fact that they can be bought with coins bothers me from a crafting perspective -- how much of my potential profit as a crafter will be lost?

it's not the end of the world or anything, I just think it would have been nice to be exclusive to the fleet/daily vendors and cybertech crafters.
Most likely, all of it. People now flood GTN with those parts in hope of making quick money, and often they cost less than single stabilizer. With those parts avaible in cartel market, there is absolutely no reason for crafting schematics. Sure, you can craft it, but most of the time it's better to just sell mats and buy one from GTN.

AshlaBoga
12.11.2012 , 03:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Most likely, all of it. People now flood GTN with those parts in hope of making quick money, and often they cost less than single stabilizer. With those parts avaible in cartel market, there is absolutely no reason for crafting schematics. Sure, you can craft it, but most of the time it's better to just sell mats and buy one from GTN.
Yeah, I don't like how the Shop is hurting crafting. Gone down from 1.4M a week to 700k a week selling Dread Guard Enhancements on the GTN. Then again, it's possible that I'm selling less 27 Enhancements because more people are geared...
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

demotivator
12.11.2012 , 06:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dressari View Post
Cha Rabba Assault.
Okay this one... there's too much blaster fire, the mines are overwhelming and continue to be overwhelming though some of the mission. I can't say ALL of it because I can't seem to get very far without being taken out. It was almost too difficult for me to even strafe target the objectives I needed because I would either lack a consistent damage or I was unable to target them in the first place due to objects in the way. Even when popping the electronic warfare pod if you do it too late enemies can still hit you for a few seconds, and the cool down between uses doesn't help. This mission is very difficult and I have yet to find a suitable pattern.
This mission being the toughest is most likely a gear check (full Grade 7 is maybe not required but a few pieces would be). It's also going to be a check on your abilities to use every tool given to you.

Took me a couple of tries to complete it (first one being a disaster, almost dead after the mine field then I wasn't able to shoot anything as I was trying to recharge my shields ) I guess the best way to deal with the mine field is using your power conversion module to boost your shields as you go through (that meant missing that kind of freighter that must be a bonus objective) and dodge most of the shots then using your scrambler as you enter the bulk of them and your EMP as you fly near the fregate.

The only tricky part for me that I'm going to work on is avoiding that double asteroid right after the mine field that I keep hitting like a noob lol
Randomizing your forums.