Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What a WASTE of time new space missions

TalkingDinosaur
12.13.2012 , 12:17 AM | #41
People whined space missions are too easy. Now people are whining they're too hard.

I can say after beating my first mission I felt pretty dang heroic. Dodging cannon fire that would otherwise turn my shields in fodder and leave me a burning red target for everyone to blast into pieces. I love it. I love the tight unforgiving turns. It ticks me off in a good way that I need to get better and go in with a strategy.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

Ansalem
12.13.2012 , 12:29 AM | #42
They are still too easy. People just need to be smarter than the railshooter. Just take a look at the path and where the ships are on the route. Now just switch back and forth between extra shielding and extra weapons boost as needed while using evasion when under heavy fire and emp bursts where they will have maximum effect in assisting you to blow up a tough target. Use all the tools available to you and they are very easy. I'm going to do the daily every day until Ive completed the daily for each and then never doing them again.

Ansalem
12.13.2012 , 12:32 AM | #43
oh and for the naysayer...

http://i.imgur.com/2jKOo.jpg

though I completed these within an hour yesterday when I logged in after patch there is a ss of the achievements.

Spoletta
12.13.2012 , 01:45 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyrve View Post

I also see some of uyou actually claiming to have coompleted all the Heroics space missions...lol...prove it...put up the vids...

Ace
Yes, i completed the new missions except for new kov ice field.

Yes, i did it with grade 6 equip, only tharnius Disruption required one grade 7 item.

No, i think you are not that great of a pilot.

CJAShadow
12.13.2012 , 02:28 AM | #45
I have done 3 of the 6 space missions with buying the 300k converter and I never got the "make invincible" #2 on your hotkeys.

Don't get me wrong though, they are very very difficult to still do and take a couple tries to memorize the layouts and know when to shoot at what. The last 3 are impossible without that Warfare Pod I think.

I do really love the challenge though. These missions are a perfect difficulty.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

Spoletta
12.13.2012 , 02:38 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post
I have done 3 of the 6 space missions with buying the 300k converter and I never got the "make invincible" #2 on your hotkeys.

Don't get me wrong though, they are very very difficult to still do and take a couple tries to memorize the layouts and know when to shoot at what. The last 3 are impossible without that Warfare Pod I think.

Yeah the warfare pod is really important there. Don't bother with the grade 7 one, 10 sec of invul are already more than enough for all situations.

Helig
12.13.2012 , 03:01 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post

I fully agree.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Draloch
12.13.2012 , 03:59 AM | #48
I spent a good amount of time trying a few of these with my grade 5 ship and couldn't do it. I had my cybertech make me a set of grade 6 stuff and bought the converter and was able to do one of them with several attempts.

I think they did a good job of making some content that I can't just steamroll in the first week and then be bored. I like it the way it is, and I plan on devoting a little time every week to making progress on these missions.

Oh, and this guy:

Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
oh and for the naysayer...

http://i.imgur.com/2jKOo.jpg

though I completed these within an hour yesterday when I logged in after patch there is a ss of the achievements.
Believe me when I tell you that there's only one person in this thread who's impressed. I get it. You want me to look up to you, but don't you think you've told us all how great you are enough times?

Spoletta
12.13.2012 , 04:15 AM | #49
Don't be so mean with him. Now that you completed one you can tell too, when you complete these missions you fill so fulfilled that you want to let the whole world know

Leovinus
12.13.2012 , 06:24 AM | #50
I have to say, while a bit more difficulty on space missions was needed, if the goal was to get more people involved, this extreme jump is NOT the way to do it. Something that takes many multiples of tries and grinding out for a few months to get enough comms to buy the upgrade parts will find people dropping like flies before they even get strong enough to give them an honest try.

If, on the other hand, it was meant to give about 10% of those who were complaining the space was too easy before something more to do, then spot on. But considering about 5% or less (number pulled out of my rectum) of the population did space before with any consistency... you might be able to see the issue.