Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Haarkrum
12.12.2012 , 09:33 PM | #31
In my opinion, I think that they could've done so much more for a one year anniversary than this. On Hoth, they could have had Christmas trees in the bases with faction colored lights or references, or christmas lights and decorations in the fleets, and the list goes on. i would have loved to see that. Fireworks are nice but I think they could have put more effort into the event., a lot more effort.

Psyclic
12.12.2012 , 09:34 PM | #32
The fact that all of the Life Day stuff is in the cash shop is just a disgusting money grab.

If these were quest rewards I tell you the player base would be loving you right now but the fact that the full life day pack is $20.......seriously? At what point did you actually think this was a good idea? Has the head of marketing suffered a serious head injury recently?
<Reverence> Dalborra
Psyclic | Saerah | Seelah | Zi'Lanna | Chartre | Vires
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

TrumpetNut
12.12.2012 , 10:23 PM | #33
Cmon guys we know this is a pretty lame "Gift" to "celebrate" but lets appreciate having this game(Even though all the good stuff is paid4) and gettin stuff!

Jakkob
12.13.2012 , 12:20 AM | #34
Hey anyone know how to take an in game screen shot?

Lord_Erman
12.13.2012 , 12:33 AM | #35
I am surprised that Bioware allows so much hate and negativity against them on their own forums. Constructive criticism is one thing, what I'm reading here... well, nevermind.

Anyway, happy birthday SWTOR, I will try to take a screenshot with my guild and try to post it.

SilentKitty
12.13.2012 , 01:01 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
In anticipation of the 1st Anniversary for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ on December 20th, we’ve gifted all members of our community with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST, 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Thank you for your support this year!

Send Us Your 1st Anniversary In-Game Celebration Screenshots!

Between now and January 2, 11:59PM CST, send us screenshots of your best 1st Anniversary celebration moments for a chance to be featured on The Old Republic™ official website and Facebook page.

Read More
Ohh... nice idea =)

Well, one year of SWTOR and it has been a really good one for me at least

This the first MMO that I really fell for, I came for the stories and ended up enjoying myself so much that I stayed. Started gaming during early access, lvl:ed up to 50 together with my husband and a friend. It wasn't until I started lvl:ing my second character that we found the guild which we are still playing with. That let me experience Karagga's Palace, SOA, Denova and Terror from Beyond. Never thought that I would enjoy Operations this much. Getting together with my guildies, going over videos for good tactics, having fun together over vent. It has been a really good way to spend time together with the guild, and is a nice complement to solo-playing the newest alt. Even tried a little PvP, it will never be my main focus while playing but together with a group of friends it can be pretty fun.

Thank you for the things I have enjoyed spending time with during this year. The story for Jedi Knight and Smuggler have been very fun to play through, and I have enjoyed it immensely. Currently lvl:ing a Sith Warrior also has a good story, can't wait to see how it ends up. The companions and story for my characters have been of great importance to me so I really look forward to having that continued one day. In the meantime I will continue to lvl alts and spend time with the guildies. I play SWTOR pretty much daily and am very happy to have it. It has been a great year, will see if I can come up with some fun screenshot.

Goretzu
12.13.2012 , 04:19 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggilus View Post
Wow I never expected such a backlash at Bioware. Sure this Cartel Christmas sucks but this is just lol. Will any notice be taken? Hmmm....
Just as an example SWTOR gives you 25 fireworks for it's first aniversay,

Warhammer Online gave players:

Quote:
Warhammer Online's One Year Anniversary Celebration includes:

New Wild Hunt Live Event and instanced dungeon, The Hunter's Vale, accessible from Elven RvR areas, takes place on Warhammer Online from August 31 – September 7 where groups of six players will battle against the ultimate quarry
Rare items found in Wild Hunt include the Hartsblood Draft, the mystic Bleeding Hart Charm and the Fleet Stag Mantle, a rare cloak made from the skin of his sacred deer that transforms players into a mighty stag, with the ability to travel at the same speed as mounts
Following the Wild Hunt live event, limited weekend-only events are planned with special versions of the Mourkain Temple (September 11-14), Gates of Ekrund (September 18-21) and Temple of Isha (September 25-28) scenarios
During the month of September, players will receive a 20% experience and renown bonus, special in-game items, veteran rewards, fireworks, exploding stout and much more

Celebrate the anniversary with honor, hone your weapons, and sharpen your aim – but, most importantly, offer proper respect to the God of the Hunt! Find out more about the Wild Hunt Live Event and the one year anniversary celebration of WAR at www.warhammeronline.com.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

scullzomben
12.13.2012 , 05:39 AM | #38
If I submit a picture of my fleet having 40 people at 9pm, do I instantly win?

Oggthebase
12.13.2012 , 07:24 AM | #39
I was going to celebrate the 1st anniversary then I took a firework in the knee...

Kazaganthis
12.13.2012 , 08:13 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
I was going to celebrate the 1st anniversary then I took a firework in the knee...
Thats what happens when you let ability lag sit in a game for a year and not do a single damn thing about it.