Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request to Bioware regarding Taral V - HM

toyfanatic
01.03.2013 , 08:41 PM | #41
There are two sides of the coin, lets look at the other point of view.
Icestar and I have had words on this HM FP's before.
1) No the final boss in T5 should not be skippable, but it isn't game breaking just a oversight by the Devs.
2) Only the giant droid boss and the final boss drop columi quality.The droid might drop a columi implant or a exotech piece. The sole guarnteed columi piece is the end token.
3) Since tionese if free to all lvl50's now, what is the point fighting the other bosses? A fully equiped tionese party will probly wipe on the first boss and the bounus boss. Is the extra frustrtion in the instance and the repair bills worth it?
4) This is thread is great for fresh 50's but what about geared 50's? The guys who are doing this to buy hazmaat implants- since the 300+ black hole coms a piece, we are grinding this for the 100th time for the coms.
5) Why are you even doing HM's FP??? Between the free tionese and free MK-2 recruit you can run a SM OPS, simple fast way to get gear.
6) ......and after you have run a few story mode ops and ran SM astation and Sm denova you have gotten rakata or better, then you run HM's for coms......Then the people you were just complaining about, you yourself just became one of them

DataBeaver
01.04.2013 , 03:14 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by toyfanatic View Post
4) This is thread is great for fresh 50's but what about geared 50's? The guys who are doing this to buy hazmaat implants- since the 300+ black hole coms a piece, we are grinding this for the 100th time for the coms.
5) Why are you even doing HM's FP??? Between the free tionese and free MK-2 recruit you can run a SM OPS, simple fast way to get gear.
6) ......and after you have run a few story mode ops and ran SM astation and Sm denova you have gotten rakata or better, then you run HM's for coms......Then the people you were just complaining about, you yourself just became one of them
Bioware really should expand the group finder to cater for better geared players. Currently it's designed for fresh 50s to do entry-level endgame content, so yes, they're right to run HM FPs in their Tionese gear. The decision to give BH comms as reward from the same HM FPs was incredibly stupid, as it entices the geared 50s to queue as well. When these two types of people are put in the same group, it creates friction and results in this kind of threads on the forums.

There was some kind of message from the developers that they'd like to add the harder operations to the group finder, but are currently unable to do it because there's no indication that they need more than entry-level gear. If and when this gets implemented, I suggest a nightmare mode is added to flashpoints and the BH comm rewards moved to it. HM FPs can then give columi comms, with a possible exception of Lost Island, which is tier 2.

Icestar
01.04.2013 , 07:10 AM | #43
There are two sides of the coin, lets look at the other point of view.
Icestar and I have had words on this HM FP's before.
1) No the final boss in T5 should not be skippable, but it isn't game breaking just a oversight by the Devs.
If you refer to my other thread about gamebreaking so yes, skipping bosses that players really want to do is gamebreaking. It is content that some want to experience and to have someone scream and start a fight with you for simply want to kill a boss that drops something you need is a negative experience hence gamebreaking, but I already have a thread about that.

They have placed the final boss far away without game mecanics related to completing the flashpoint, I am not sure it is a oversight, I think they simply did not expected players to skip bosses and avoid mobs like they do today.

Never_Hesitate
01.04.2013 , 07:20 AM | #44
I think it's outrageous that republic players can skip the bosses in T5 and we imperials have to fight all the bosses in bp (correct me if I'm wrong and tell me how to skip them).
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

FlyinSpaghetti
01.04.2013 , 08:28 AM | #45
Doing it 100 times doesn't entitle anyone to skip every boss in the flashpoint, I know I'm no angel myself when I say this as I've skipped a few bosses just for smooth runs or to avoid arguments myself but there's a fine line between avoiding a few mobs and exploiting the game entirely.

I was shocked the other week when I actually saw someone just run up the ramp and talk to the NPC as even if I skipped the odd miniboss or mob but I've always done the main boss in a flashpoint and found it disgusting that someone could just skip to the end like that, this sort of behaviour is nothing short of exploiting and in other games you'd be looking at a ban for glitching/cheating rather than the rewards.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

toyfanatic
01.04.2013 , 12:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
I was shocked the other week when I actually saw someone just run up the ramp and talk to the NPC as even if I skipped the odd miniboss or mob but I've always done the main boss in a flashpoint and found it disgusting that someone could just skip to the end like that, this sort of behaviour is nothing short of exploiting and in other games you'd be looking at a ban for glitching/cheating rather than the rewards.
I will meet you and Icestar halfway.
I agree that it is horriable that people find ways to exploit the game content. I personally don't have issues with not skipping bosses. The sad thing is some people do only speed runs and behave badly if you ask to kill a boss. In reference to my earlier comments, now that what most non-final bosses drop isn't an upgrade to most players( that is they took the free lvl 50 gear). Here is my perspective, I don't see it as game greaking if to not fight a boss all you must do is run around it. The Dev's possiably didn't care to set obstacles to make them required. Or they didn't expect people to spend untold hours exploiting terrain glitches to avoid all encounters. I know it might sound counter intuitive but I do agree when people flat out cheat to skip stuff it does perterb me. We play this game to have fun, not to deal with people acting like three year olds. The post where some one said ask at the start what the consensus is , is a good point. Also play with like minded individuals, that should cut down n the drama.

VigDiath
01.04.2013 , 01:01 PM | #47
As a tank, I have no issues skipping or fighting any boss in game. I actually prefer to fight the boss unless I'm short on time or we have had wipes. With that being said, if you ask the group, I will gladly fight the boss for a loot drop as long as the consensus is yes.

If the consensus is no, I may just to do it to annoy the ones who said no . People need to understand that not all of us have been playing this game since last year and it turns people away from the game when you make it a hassle for them. People are already ***** in this game as it is, why play with a 'community' that doesn't act like a community and try to help members of the community? Bad enough the mindset of most people in this game is "me first".
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Ephesia
01.04.2013 , 01:33 PM | #48
It only feels gamebreaking to those who wish to kill the said boss, so it is a subjective thing. I for one woud support skipping where it's available trash, boss whatever. It all depends on your aim in being in that flashpoint. If Bioware thinks this is in any way an exploit then they will take measures to prevent this phenomena. The key matter is communication still.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst