Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request to Bioware regarding Taral V - HM

uniz
12.11.2012 , 09:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't think you are entitled to force your own opinions and choices ingame down other people's throats?
if isnt as much as forcing opinions but rather trying to correct the piss poor way the hms are now run by much of the player base. if this method is contiued as such in the future the game wont have too many nails left out of its coffin.

you will not attract new players to this game when they are required to be guilded in order to use a lfd feature to gear up as new 50s. hm and story ops lfd groups are beyond hit and miss but rather are races for easy loot coms. the fun of such for non guild groups is rapidly dwindling. couple this with a terrible world pvp there is little left to do at 50 for the new unguilded. these are the new blood trying to be attracted to this game

these bh coms have done absolutely nothing constructive to this game but rather the opposite. you are proof of such when players like the op want to enjoy and run a instance as intended and then you flame him as enforcing a opinion and choice on others which is opposite of your own. the op only wants to run the instance as it was intended and not race through it in 10 mins so a bunch of selfish players like your self can get their bh coms.

BrianDavion
12.11.2012 , 09:21 PM | #12
I tend to agree with the OP, being able to skip trash is one thing but skipping BOSSES just rubs me wrong

Azzirith
12.12.2012 , 01:34 AM | #13
I completely agree with the OP. I have three toons who have no use for drops, have very limited use for BH Comms, but I enjoy running Flashpoints as I really enjoy the content. The rampant skipping anything and everything in sight, the abuse of the exhaustion zones to facilitate it and the complete lack of respect for those who wish to do the FP properly are horrible.

To those of you who say "get a guild, run it with them", I'm in a guild, when we have guildies on we typically hit an Operation or run some War Zones. When there's few people on to do stuff with that's when I prefer to run a FP. I've pretty much quit tanking HMFP's due to the complete lack of respect for those who want to do FP's properly, which is a damn shame seeing as those three 50's are all tanks, which puts people in an even longer queue. I totally agree with the person who states the abuse of this system should be considered an exploit!

Timonius
12.12.2012 , 02:04 AM | #14
Yep, there's definitely a problem right across the board (any point of view) on this one. Also are there any codex entries for the HM that people are missing out on because of the speed runs?

Radzkie
12.12.2012 , 02:29 AM | #15
Nope, don't agree. If you want to do the bosses, ask your group. If they don't want to do it, get another group. Problem solved. No need to change anything.

Although I wouldn't be upset if the did make the bosses unskippable. I don't care if I do them. I just think some folks need to stop playing the poor little victim card and start communicating with the group they get put in. Don't be lazy, be a team player. I'm aware some people actually do ask then get kicked, but I honestly doubt that's the majority. I've been playing this game since the start and I've never seen someone get kicked because they asked to do a boss. Harsh words, I know. But that's my thoughts.

macumba
12.12.2012 , 02:47 AM | #16
I have to agree. even though I have gear and take advantage of skipping bosses a lot, bosses should not be skipable at all.

/playthegame
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Ephesia
12.12.2012 , 03:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
if isnt as much as forcing opinions but rather trying to correct the piss poor way the hms are now run by much of the player base. if this method is contiued as such in the future the game wont have too many nails left out of its coffin.

you will not attract new players to this game when they are required to be guilded in order to use a lfd feature to gear up as new 50s. hm and story ops lfd groups are beyond hit and miss but rather are races for easy loot coms. the fun of such for non guild groups is rapidly dwindling. couple this with a terrible world pvp there is little left to do at 50 for the new unguilded. these are the new blood trying to be attracted to this game

these bh coms have done absolutely nothing constructive to this game but rather the opposite. you are proof of such when players like the op want to enjoy and run a instance as intended and then you flame him as enforcing a opinion and choice on others which is opposite of your own. the op only wants to run the instance as it was intended and not race through it in 10 mins so a bunch of selfish players like your self can get their bh coms.
So just because I want to finish it in 10 minutes and he doesn't, and if the majority in the flashpoint group also agrees with me, you don't think it's the OP shoving his choices down my throat? It has nothing to do with selfishness either, you don't know me. Wishing to complete a flashpoint as soon as possible has nothing remotely to do with selifishness.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Capt_Beers
12.12.2012 , 10:42 AM | #18
I'm always down to fight any of the bosses in the FP's I run. I also don't mind running past them. If you're on POT5 shoot one of the chars in my sig. a tell and I'll run one with you and we can fight whatever you want. I'm geared well enough that I can heal most HM bosses with nothing but Kolto Bomb and Hammer Shots. Which kind of explains why most people just want to run through.

A lot of people have all 61+ gear. Most of these boss encounters are not challenging for them. I've seen plenty of videos of people soloing the HM FP's so it's just another daily for them. And some of them would even prefer to just gear an alt or companion with the BH comms instead of the Columi drops from the instance. I mean they practically giving them away, haven't added it up but with all the weeklies plus dailies can't you get like almost 200 a week if not more?

So anyway iff you're on POT5 send me a tell my guild is always recruiting and we would be more than happy to help you gear up.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

NoFishing
12.12.2012 , 11:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
First time I ran Taral V when my Shadow tank dinged 50, I had a nightmare. I didn't know the skips and people raced ahead. I didn't know you could skip the final boss because I'd never been there before and despite having told the group, they let me charge in and aggro the boss while they all went up the ramp to skip him and let me die. The group was really rude to me too, calling me stupid. Sorry but if someone tells you it's their first time doing something and they die because you don't tell them something they need to know, it's you that's stupid. It knocked my confidence a lot.
Sorry that happened to you. Bad behavior to fresh 50s and new players has become so common in LFG groups, it is astonishing. Especially in Lost Island, but that is another topic.

For me, I never mind fighting the bosses or explaining the fights to new players, but I DO want them to say they are running it for gear or for the first time. And if they are running it for the first time, I expect them to never run in front of whoever is explaining the fights (usually me) or leap into battle without checking chat for a "wait".

The only bosses I will generally refuse to fight are the bonus ones.

Icestar
12.13.2012 , 09:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by whitescarab View Post
But some of us, particularly new 50s, WANT to fight the bosses, we need the drops, we want to learn the fights, and some of us, like the challenge.
Yes, I understand what you mean. I have argued about this on the forum for some time now.

I hope they listen, because the way things are now the "fast run comm farmers" are turning the HM flashpoints into a empty room with a boss in the end.

And in your case not even a boss in the end.
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla