Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imp Vs Pub

FlippinFlapJack
12.10.2012 , 05:32 AM | #1
Please don't move this thread. I really want the communitie's opinion on this and the General Discussion is the most active of the forum groups.

I have noticed that space missions seem to be more difficult on the Republic side then the Imperial side.

Case in point; Kovar Ice Field (republic) Vs Mogur Ice Field (imperial), I am probably butchering the spelling there.

I can only complete the mission on the republic side once I have gone up a few levels and obtained better stuff for my ship (Defender and Freighter are the only one's I used). I even got the blue gear for the ship. Even when I do complete the mission, my ship is down to 5% health when I am done.

On the other hand, when I do this mission in my Furry with only green mods, I complete it without a problem and have 75% health when I am done.

Is this because the Imperial Star Destroyers have 500 more gun turrets than the imperial frigates? Do I just lose the ability to play on the light side? Are the ships different as far as abilities?

Preemptive responses:

"Space missions are stupid and you are a worthless loser for doing them" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"You're fat!" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"L2P N00b" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"Bioware screws the users again" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"pretty typical for a society that [insert hot button political/relgious issue here] - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Prysha
12.10.2012 , 05:36 AM | #2
The Empire has more guns yes.. watch the movies and youl see..
You just need a different playstyle when playing lightside...remember lightside is to hard thign before acting.. while dark side is to set your emotions free =)
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Rhinzual
12.10.2012 , 05:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Please don't move this thread. I really want the communitie's opinion on this and the General Discussion is the most active of the forum groups.

I have noticed that space missions seem to be more difficult on the Republic side then the Imperial side.

Case in point; Kovar Ice Field (republic) Vs Mogur Ice Field (imperial), I am probably butchering the spelling there.

I can only complete the mission on the republic side once I have gone up a few levels and obtained better stuff for my ship (Defender and Freighter are the only one's I used). I even got the blue gear for the ship. Even when I do complete the mission, my ship is down to 5% health when I am done.

On the other hand, when I do this mission in my Furry with only green mods, I complete it without a problem and have 75% health when I am done.

Is this because the Imperial Star Destroyers have 500 more gun turrets than the imperial frigates? Do I just lose the ability to play on the light side? Are the ships different as far as abilities?

Preemptive responses:

"Space missions are stupid and you are a worthless loser for doing them" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"You're fat!" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"L2P N00b" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"Bioware screws the users again" - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.

"pretty typical for a society that [insert hot button political/relgious issue here] - My response; since you have nothing to contribute to the conversation have a nice big glass of **** on the house.
Since when does Republic automatically equal Light Side and Empire automatically equal Dark Side? You'll probably need Grade 4 ship parts for doing that space mission. Make sure to get the Power Converter and EMP Warfare piece too, the extra damage on top of Grade 4-5/KDY parts will tear up any turret on ships.

Atramar
12.10.2012 , 06:03 AM | #4
My feelings are actually oposite. Didn't do top end Rep missions, but when did some, I found that empire ships are easier to target turrets or shields, while rep frigates have all in the middle.
minor issue, since they are all easy unless you are undergeared or missing vital items (converter asap).
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

aeterno
12.10.2012 , 06:17 AM | #5
I too had the exact opposite experience, having first leveled my republic main and then went with imp alts.

Imperial destroyers just felt easier to clean up than republic frigates cos they pretty much have all the turrets concentrated on the front, as opposed to pubs with 2 at front, with bad line of sight due to the hammer head, and 4 on the rear, again obscured by the fat squared toosh of the ship.

It's probably just the case of feeling the most comfortable with what you got used to in the first place.

Prysha
12.10.2012 , 06:22 AM | #6
peopel forget thatthe game seems to be harder when startign over... nomatter what faction.. it feels hard to be lvl 1 XD
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

DarthFamine
12.10.2012 , 07:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
Preemptive responses:

Because I'm thirsty,
Space missions are stupid because you're a fat noob that must L2P but that doesn't matter because biophail screws us all anyway!

I'll take 5 glasses now

*removes tongue from cheek*

They do seem a bit easier to me on the Imp side as well, granted I don't do that many of them but I have tried the first few on each toon.

There may be something to your theory.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com