Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 gear package

Kheld
12.10.2012 , 01:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
I take it nobody else has unlocked this companion?
Since you need to do a HARDMODE Flashpoint, probably not.

WHAT in Gods name were they thinking of!??

HK-51 should have been a great questline for every player to experiance, yet they have gated it so that only a few will be able to complete it.
The Force will be with you, always.

EATtheDEAD
12.10.2012 , 01:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by LordBarok View Post
Take off HK-51s gear and save it in your cargo hold for when you reach 50, reequip him with level-appropriate looted or crafted gear. All of his skills work fine when his gear is within level requirement, including assassinate.
This^... why is it people are having such a hard time comprehending this?

Yes he comes in lvl 50 gear, he was meant as an endgame companion. You can do exactly as this person has commented, I did and HK works fantastically!!!
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

PetFish
12.10.2012 , 03:25 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheld View Post

HK-51 should have been a great questline for every player to experiance, yet they have gated it so that only a few will be able to complete it.
That's exactly how it SHOULD be. I don't want everyone in the game running around with everything, how stupid would that be? In order to get rare things you should have to accomplish stuff and put some effort into getting them. "Rare" items are already too easy to obtain as it is, they should make things MORE difficult and/or rare.

But, as has been proven, if QQ'ers QQ enough here, it will be done, and that is tragic.

It's bad enough that Dulfy tells us how to get stuff before the updates even go live cuz of the PTS. There's almost no personal victories in this game, or any nowadays really, cuz you just go read how to do it and do it, and now people like you want that AND things given to you? Come on.
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

Athena-Nike
12.10.2012 , 09:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
This^... why is it people are having such a hard time comprehending this?

Yes he comes in lvl 50 gear, he was meant as an endgame companion. You can do exactly as this person has commented, I did and HK works fantastically!!!
My problem isn't so much that, though it does suck being stuck with Cybertech just to gear him, its that it costs 1,000,000 creds per character to use him. He is NOT worth that much. He is not nearly that much stronger then any other comp, and he offers very little else in the way of dialogue

arunav
12.10.2012 , 10:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by LordBarok View Post
Take off HK-51s gear and save it in your cargo hold for when you reach 50, reequip him with level-appropriate looted or crafted gear. All of his skills work fine when his gear is within level requirement, including assassinate.
We all know how to equip companions and use their abilities. That isn't the point some are making in this thread.

The point is he is the feature of the last patch, and can be unlocked with real world currency or 1 million credits for leveling alts, and this function does not work fluidly as it should. If EA is charging for the unlock in its shop, the content, in this case HK, should function correctly when paid for.

In addition, many folks had a buggy experience acquiring him. This, in my experience, was due to grouping while picking up some of his parts, particularly in the two flashpoints.

In short: the current BW team has been pushing out content that is sub-par compared to what it did earlier in the game's lifespan. HK is one example, though minor compared to what we witnessed with 1.4's release. This is disappointing to some supporters of SWTOR, and hopefully not indicative of the approach that we will see going forward.

Hoping 1.6 launches smoothly, and looking forward to the new warzone. It wold also be nice if companion match-to-chest is fixed and the preview screens work for all companions as well. The latter has been broken for some time now and is frustrating when purchasing gear.

arunav
12.10.2012 , 10:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
My problem isn't so much that, though it does suck being stuck with Cybertech just to gear him, its that it costs 1,000,000 creds per character to use him. He is NOT worth that much. He is not nearly that much stronger then any other comp, and he offers very little else in the way of dialogue
HK does have more combat lines in Section X, if you've used him there, than in other places in the game. So, perhaps going forward, he will be like the other companions and a little more vocal.

I am still waiting for him to call whoever I attack a meatbag.

RazielHex
12.10.2012 , 11:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Everyone should have a cybertech alt anyway. Grenades, Armorings, mods, Ship-parts, Droid-parts.. there's nothing that isn't useful to every other character you will make.

Jilisipone
12.10.2012 , 11:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheld View Post

It's HM Foundry, which is pathetically easy for any level 50 character to complete. It's not like its a HM Op that you have to run. It's a HM Flashpoint in which 70% of the trash packs are skippable.

Anyone that can't get their HK droid due to not being able to complete HM Foundry really doesn't deserve HK.

NasDragon
12.10.2012 , 01:02 PM | #19
I unlocked him, I used him, meh. I bought him for a low level toon, meh. Now he just does crafting/resource gathering missions due to his crit chance. Was it worth 1M credits? Not for me. Ah well. I might use him again in combat when I hit 50. Will I go through the quest to get him on my other toons? Yup, loved that part.

I thought the whole point of a LEGACY companion was to have him usable on your entire legacy. IMO he should be able to use his 51 gear and all his abilities and not be nerfed by your lvl. Your 50 unlocked him and now he is part of your "family". Would this make leveling alts super easy, yup. If I have put the time in to unlock him, build up credits to pay the 1M credits or appropriate CC then things should be a little easier.

Athena-Nike
12.10.2012 , 01:36 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Everyone should have a cybertech alt anyway. Grenades, Armorings, mods, Ship-parts, Droid-parts.. there's nothing that isn't useful to every other character you will make.
Agreed, but the question remains is HK worth 1,000,000 creds per alt? No he isn't. The cyberteching is just extra work (not a big deal, but maybe for newer 50's who dont have crafting alts yet), and an unnecessary inconvenience. Just have all story quest rewards give droid parts. If you have HK you can use them to gear him, if not take the Mako item or the Khem item or w/e (or gear your ship droid if your bored) or take the coms instead/