Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 gear package


MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
12.09.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1
So with the horrendous implementation of the HK-51 companion... with gear that is level 50 regardless of your character's/companions level... they offer up a mailed package that contains gear for it. Not only do you only get ONE package per legacy (i checked all 12 of my characters) but you cannot mail that BIND ON LEGACY package nor can you mail the items inside because they are BOP.

MouseNoFour's Avatar


MouseNoFour
12.09.2012 , 09:42 PM | #2
I take it nobody else has unlocked this companion?

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.09.2012 , 09:44 PM | #3
Why do you need more then one package? HK comes with full 50 gear, the package is for those that had him come naked as part of a glitch thus the package to fix that. If you had a full HK enjoy the free $. If you unlocked him on another comp he comes with full 50 gear, he will never have lower gear so how does getting more level 50 packs help that?

Saitada's Avatar


Saitada
12.09.2012 , 09:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Why do you need more then one package? HK comes with full 50 gear, the package is for those that had him come naked as part of a glitch thus the package to fix that. If you had a full HK enjoy the free $. If you unlocked him on another comp he comes with full 50 gear, he will never have lower gear so how does getting more level 50 packs help that?
The problem with that 'full 50 gear' is on lower level toons (I have him on my 17 BH since he was lvl 6) is that the stats don't translate over and he sits with minimal stats and abilities that barely level up with him at each level. I used HK's skill assassinate a number of times on my BH and.. it doesn't work. Just agro's the mob. It does however work on my 50 Commando.

So the real problem is, HK has a full bar of skills at low levels, uses them, yet many do no damage, taking up time and reducing his damage output to negligible levels that your first companion actually exceeds easily. I am sure as you level up his skill use and damage output increases, but the fact that they currently do NOT scale is kinda a pita and makes having him at lower levels almost worthless.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.09.2012 , 09:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Saitada View Post
The problem with that 'full 50 gear' is on lower level toons (I have him on my 17 BH since he was lvl 6) is that the stats don't translate over and he sits with minimal stats and abilities that barely level up with him at each level. I used HK's skill assassinate a number of times on my BH and.. it doesn't work. Just agro's the mob. It does however work on my 50 Commando.

So the real problem is, HK has a full bar of skills at low levels, uses them, yet many do no damage, taking up time and reducing his damage output to negligible levels that your first companion actually exceeds easily. I am sure as you level up his skill use and damage output increases, but the fact that they currently do NOT scale is kinda a pita and makes having him at lower levels almost worthless.
I understand all that and its a problem they said they were gonna work on by giving him scaling gear.

OP seemed to be complaining that they only got one extra set of level 50 gear and they couldn't transfer it which is pointless

Saitada's Avatar


Saitada
12.09.2012 , 10:00 PM | #6
Nods. I'll be happy when he gets scaling skills and gear. As it stands now, I have a big red flashy "requirements not met" for every single piece of his gear and no stat bumps from any of it. His skills, basically useless except for the few that operate at lower levels.

He should have skill acquisitions like any other companion, as you level up. Not start with everything at once, with most not working at all.

His gear... not sure how they would do that, because if you trade out a piece you mess the bunch up. They might simply have to make the gear frozen but scaling (un modable/un removable) until 50 at which point you can start modding them to improve his stats. Hard to say on that one.

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
12.09.2012 , 10:33 PM | #7
Well if you know there are items that do no damge on his bar, then turn them off, as it will only use abilities that are turned on. I do this regularly as the Comapanions are a little dumb with AOEs and NPCs CCed.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.09.2012 , 10:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeTheDuke View Post
Well if you know there are items that do no damge on his bar, then turn them off, as it will only use abilities that are turned on. I do this regularly as the Comapanions are a little dumb with AOEs and NPCs CCed.
That is true, and his insta-kill starts off thankfully.

I do agree with OP in how poorly handled HK was. Costing 1,000,000 creds PER CHARACTER to unlock just to have a comp that starts with no gear and isn't appreciably better then any other tank or dps comp until late game and has next to no dialogue or character through 99% of the game is just dumb

arunav's Avatar


arunav
12.09.2012 , 11:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
That is true, and his insta-kill starts off thankfully.

I do agree with OP in how poorly handled HK was. Costing 1,000,000 creds PER CHARACTER to unlock just to have a comp that starts with no gear and isn't appreciably better then any other tank or dps comp until late game and has next to no dialogue or character through 99% of the game is just dumb
The quality of the updates have really taken a nosedive. I know BW is working with much less staff, but if your featured content for a patch isn't working, it's really poor form to release it as is. At least have HK work properly, it's the name of the patch.

The quest for getting him was bugged and known to be, based on PTS responses, as noted above his gear doesn't scale correctly, and his skills don't either. He came NAKED for some. What gives?!

The overall quality of SWTOR since the layoffs occurred is really disappointing. The last two major patches have been terrible compared to 1.2, which had a ton of new content released with it, or 1.3, which introduced a no doubt complicated-to-implement group finder.

I'm sticking with the game for now, as I still enjoy it enough, but I'm concerned F2P will only continue this trend, not turn it around.

Section X feels and looks cheap compared to the Black Hole, or other areas on Belsavis, and some quests don't work properly. I don't recall this being the case when the Black Hole was released.

I was hoping Makeb would be introduced soon, but, with the team that's currently in place, it's better to wait a LONG time to bring it up to standards seen in the leveling portion of the game.

The Millenium Falcon was charming and funny as a complex entity being held together with duct tape. SWTOR is not.

LordBarok's Avatar


LordBarok
12.10.2012 , 12:41 AM | #10
Take off HK-51s gear and save it in your cargo hold for when you reach 50, reequip him with level-appropriate looted or crafted gear. All of his skills work fine when his gear is within level requirement, including assassinate.
Darth Barok / Darth Sya / Agent Solarix - GM of <Storm Squadron>
Master Saralyn / Master Coralisa / Maj. Solaric Cern - GM of <Saber Squadron>
My 55s on Jung Ma (US East RP-PVP) / Here's my Referral Link - Click for free stuff.