Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yavin 4 and the Sith?

Anonemous
12.09.2012 , 08:01 AM | #1
A place a seemingly cultural significance to the Sith, yet the Empire was permitted to blow it up with the Death Star. What's up with that?
Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"

Spartanik
12.09.2012 , 08:04 AM | #2
what? did i miss something?
Was Alderran, and for the reasons they did it, well wacth the movie again.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Anonemous
12.09.2012 , 08:08 AM | #3
It was Alderaan, they never managed to destroy Yavin, but they were intending to. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me, seeing how it was an adopted home-world of the Sith Massassi.
Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing!"

Mawduce
12.10.2012 , 01:38 AM | #4
you mean that race they used as cannon fodder?
I was made to fly, and you were made to die...

OldVengeance
12.10.2012 , 02:01 AM | #5
Palpatine and Vader probably considered wiping out the Rebellion more important than preserving the Sith Temple.

HellbirdIV
12.10.2012 , 03:15 AM | #6
Yavin 4 was the site of temples built in ancient times by a coward of a Sith Lord - Sadow - who ran away when his empire crumbled around him.

I don't see any reason why Palpatine and Darth Vader would consider them worth preserving, given that they adhere to the Rule of Two established four thousand years after Naga Sadow's death, which is an entirely different Sith existence altogether.

Jandi
12.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
A common problem with Star Wars and it's lore that spans thousands of years. When EP 1 was made, the temples there had no lore whatsoever to them, they were just random stone structures. Trying to find a reason for anything relating to them is pointless in the context of the movies.

AlexDougherty
12.14.2012 , 05:02 AM | #8
Also the temples on Yavin4 contained the living spirit of Exar Kuun, the emperor (if he knew) would have wanted to get rid of him as a rival, and a threat to his plans.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Vlad_Dracul_
12.14.2012 , 08:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Also the temples on Yavin4 contained the living spirit of Exar Kuun, the emperor (if he knew) would have wanted to get rid of him as a rival, and a threat to his plans.
There is always possibility that some...i dont wanna be rude...misplaced guy can try to free him.
Then Republic and Empire both will have a problem to solve, especially for an Emperors Wrath.

Slowpokeking
12.14.2012 , 10:18 AM | #10
It was built by Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun's Massassi.