Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HK-51 for low level character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
HK-51 for low level character

Lukasz's Avatar


Lukasz
12.07.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1
Hey, is it possible to get HK-51 as companion for low level character. If yes how to do it. Should I get all necessery parts and build it on Belsavis? It would be difficult to do with character on 15th lvl but possible with some help.
So... any ideas?

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
12.07.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2
You cannot unlock him as a companion until you hit 50. After you do the quest the first time on your 50, you can then pay 1 million credits or some amount of cartel coins to unlock him earlier on low level alts. You also need at least one 50 and at least a level 15ish toon of the opposite faction to complete the quest the first time.

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
12.07.2012 , 12:01 PM | #3
You can though its not really worth it. He starts with level 50 gear that he can't use so he will be naked on your low level and you wont get HK parts from quests like you would get other comp gear, he won't add much dialogue, and isn't all that much better then your normal tank or dps comp.

It also costs 1,000,000 PER character to unlock him, so lotta credit farming just to get him

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
12.07.2012 , 01:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
You can though its not really worth it. He starts with level 50 gear that he can't use so he will be naked on your low level and you wont get HK parts from quests like you would get other comp gear, he won't add much dialogue, and isn't all that much better then your normal tank or dps comp.

It also costs 1,000,000 PER character to unlock him, so lotta credit farming just to get him
This is the main problem, he needs to come with level 1 orange shells so you can at least gear him yourself. I unlocked him at level 1 and he was outclassed as soon as I got my first real companion.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
12.07.2012 , 01:02 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
This is the main problem, he needs to come with level 1 orange shells so you can at least gear him yourself. I unlocked him at level 1 and he was outclassed as soon as I got my first real companion.
The legacy mail came last week...though it forgot his knife.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
12.07.2012 , 01:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
The legacy mail came last week...though it forgot his knife.
What does that mean?

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
12.07.2012 , 01:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
The legacy mail came last week...though it forgot his knife.
That's true, I now have two sets of gear he cannot wear.

HarleysRule's Avatar


HarleysRule
12.07.2012 , 01:15 PM | #8
Not sure you can even get the quest at 15. One of the parts you need costs 125k credits. There are 3 lvl 50 heroic 2s, and you're going to have to run story mode False Emperor, and hard mode Maelstrom/Foundry. Maybe your guild would carry you through those FPs and heroics, but again, not sure you can even get the quest before 50 or at least upper 40s.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
What does that mean?
Characters with HK-51 got an in game mail with a 2nd set of gear minus the vibroknife, since apparently there is a bug where some people get him naked.

nbayer's Avatar


nbayer
12.07.2012 , 01:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
Not sure you can even get the quest at 15. One of the parts you need costs 125k credits. There are 3 lvl 50 heroic 2s, and you're going to have to run story mode False Emperor, and hard mode Maelstrom/Foundry. Maybe your guild would carry you through those FPs and heroics, but again, not sure you can even get the quest before 50 or at least upper 40s.



Characters with HK-51 got a in game mail with a 2nd set of gear minus the vibroknife, since apparently there is a bug where some people get him naked.
Once you complete the quest on a 50, your alts from the same faction can choose to just unlock him for 1 million credits or some cartel coins. So you can have him at low level, I bought him first thing on my new alt at level 1.

HarleysRule's Avatar


HarleysRule
12.07.2012 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Once you complete the quest on a 50, your alts from the same faction can choose to just unlock him for 1 million credits or some cartel coins. So you can have him at low level, I bought him first thing on my new alt at level 1.
Right, but it sounds like OP doesn't have a 50 to unlock it with.