Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

Goretzu
12.10.2012 , 04:29 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Getting a faster hard drive will make your load screens go faster. Mine were horribly long on my old comp but they're pretty fast now with the exception of Corellia, which is always long for some reason. And my HD isn't even SSD.
The thing is though, even with an SSD they are long......... that is they are longer than comparable MMORPGs on the same SSD.

Part of it seems to be inherent to the engine, but there definately seems to be a loading "stall" bug there too.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Prysha
12.10.2012 , 05:29 AM | #62
Go to the kitchen and grab some food, make your household while loading or give your kids some attention... , scratch your booty or justr clean up your screen , there is so much to do while loading.. when you have long loading time then just try to do something while it loads...

also there is a little laoding indicator showing you that it stil loads... lol
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Goretzu
12.10.2012 , 05:51 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Go to the kitchen and grab some food, make your household while loading or give your kids some attention... , scratch your booty or justr clean up your screen , there is so much to do while loading.. when you have long loading time then just try to do something while it loads...

also there is a little laoding indicator showing you that it stil loads... lol
That's kind of the flaw with SWTOR, loading screesn SO looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong you can actually go and make a meal.

The issue SWTOR suffers with though is that it has a lot LS and they do take a long time, compared to comparable MMORPGs.

Certainly finding out what causes the "loading stall" and fixing it would help (seems to be server-side).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

lklinga
12.10.2012 , 06:32 AM | #64
How about just NO,

I mean I could go and post logical arguments against this but it would be a waste of time.
Most players prefer to derp their way to victory.