Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

Jason_T
12.07.2012 , 12:39 PM | #21
The loading screens dont bother me too much in this game. You only normally see them when changing to a new planet/space station/ship. I would like to see them shorten the load time though. The 'pause' in the loading at about 20% is taking too long then the rest loads quickly. I also notice that my character is in the world, can hear sounds and even hear companions talking when they return from crafting etc even though the load screen is still up.

I did recently upgrade my HDD to an SSD drive and that did reduce the loading time considerably but it still does take a bit long.

Eillack
12.07.2012 , 01:00 PM | #22
OP must be new to MMO's and is joking if he says he's not.

TOR having too many load screens..... /facepalm
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

SNCommand
12.07.2012 , 01:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
OP must be new to MMO's and is joking if he says he's not.

TOR having too many load screens..... /facepalm
Must be new to gaming, loadscreens is about as common as it gets
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

GnatB
12.07.2012 , 01:18 PM | #24
Cutscenes while loading?
1. They'd have to either make "prerendered" scenes, which presumably means they'd need something different for every class, or in-engine scenes.
2. Eitherway, processing/etc. time would be spent on the scene, meaning the actual load would take longer. And for in-engine scenes, it would also take up some of the memory/etc. available for the actual environments.

i.e. No thank you. It's a stupid idea. I don't want longer loading times/less content so you can get a silly travel cinematic.

Tomb-Stone
12.07.2012 , 01:26 PM | #25
I like TOR a lot, but there is a lot of loading screens in this game.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

MrSchmo
12.07.2012 , 01:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
I like TOR a lot, but there is a lot of loading screens in this game.
By a lot you mean one when you arrive on a planet and one where you depart from it? I can live with that.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Tomb-Stone
12.07.2012 , 01:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
By a lot you mean one when you arrive on a planet and one where you depart from it? I can live with that.
Overall, it seems like I see more loading screens in this game than I have seen in other games. It could be that maybe I notice them more in this game, I dunno. It's a small annoyance but it is something I think about each time I play. I like the rest of the game a lot, this is just one area of improvement I would really like to see.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Jason_T
12.07.2012 , 01:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
Overall, it seems like I see more loading screens in this game than I have seen in other games. It could be that maybe I notice them more in this game, I dunno. It's a small annoyance but it is something I think about each time I play. I like the rest of the game a lot, this is just one area of improvement I would really like to see.
Every MMO I can think of has as many or more loading screens as SWTOR. During leveling process, if you are not traveling off world a lot for Fleet/FP access you wont ever see a loading screen until you move to the next planet.

Mazikeen
12.07.2012 , 01:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
Your constructive, thoughtful and helpful response to criticism is a credit to the community of this game.
I never start threads unless I'm attempting to be constructive

I will, however, respond to threads that are started by whiners (especially those asking for a base change) over issues that are at the most trivial
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

youspeakinjive
12.07.2012 , 01:53 PM | #30
Yeah bro I really really hope this not actually what you want them to be working on.
DROP