Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What are bioware going to do about load screens & feeling of disconnect?

hallucigenocide
12.07.2012 , 10:55 AM | #11
add some lovely cantina music while loading and it'd be less dull :P

Thehellfire
12.07.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
As a new subscriber I have no issue with load screens they are no worse than other mmos out there.

CosmicKat
12.07.2012 , 11:33 AM | #13
Cantinas are there for roleplayers. TOR has a critical shortage of roleplayers, that's why they are empty. Why are there so few roleplayers in this game?

- The range of /say is approximately 4 parsecs. Nobody wants to hear random chat or have their random chat heard by everyone on the planet.
- Cross-faction RP is critically harmed by the inability to /say or group with opposing factions.
- No chat bubbles makes chat in crowded areas very difficult to follow.

aeterno
12.07.2012 , 11:41 AM | #14
Having your starship as a separate instance you load into every time feels completely redundant.

If they made the ship part of the planet and simply loaded from planet to planet that would cut down on the number of load screens when moving from place to place. We know it can be done cos we have legacy fast travels.

Orbital stations are annoying but at least they're part of the planet. I'd understand the separate load screen for ships if it served a housing like function and was customizable, but as it stands it's completely generic. Why not "green phase door" the ship?

Skjeld
12.07.2012 , 11:47 AM | #15
Wow this all sound like a load of fun!........

OddballEasyEight
12.07.2012 , 11:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Cantinas are there for roleplayers. TOR has a critical shortage of roleplayers, that's why they are empty. Why are there so few roleplayers in this game?

- The range of /say is approximately 4 parsecs. Nobody wants to hear random chat or have their random chat heard by everyone on the planet.
- Cross-faction RP is critically harmed by the inability to /say or group with opposing factions.
Heh, i remember the huge hutt birthdayparty on The Progenitor... it took place on the hutt promenade and there were like 60 players there at any one time, in close enough proximity to completely kill the chat... it was like looking at the end credits of a movie that was on fast forward...
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

MrSchmo
12.07.2012 , 12:23 PM | #17
Why are mmo's the only genre where people get upset over a loading screen? I play console and othe PC games and never get mad or frustrated over a loading screen. It's the by product of computers. Every program does it and will remain that way till aliens come down and give us instant processers. So until then loading screens are a evil necessity.

Also, the elevators are not loading screens. It's a fade to black, a screen/ setting transition, not a loading screen.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

EATtheDEAD
12.07.2012 , 12:24 PM | #18
you know you can edit the loadscreen picture right? it's in the swtor folder. I made mine of sexy ladiessssssss!!!!! that way when the loadscreen pops up im like OHHHHHHH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE WON'T BE A HEART LEFT BEATING!
-Sith Warrior's only phrase

Scathe
12.07.2012 , 12:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
Why are mmo's the only genre where people get upset over a loading screen? I play console and othe PC games and never get mad or frustrated over a loading screen. It's the by product of computers. Every program does it and will remain that way till aliens come down and give us instant processers. So until then loading screens are a evil necessity.

Also, the elevators are not loading screens. It's a fade to black, a screen/ setting transition, not a loading screen.
Anyone remember the first Mass Effect and the long *** elevator rides that were obvious loading screens? Yeah, I don't want to repeat that. Mass Effect taught me to hate elevators.
I am at Peace; for I know Emotion. I have Power; for I also have Knowledge. I have Passion; for I am Serene. I can embrace Mortality; for I know Death, I am balanced through the Force.

BrianDavion
12.07.2012 , 12:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post

umm you can hear people cross faction useing /say fine.

what you cannot see is /yell and custom emotes Something BW has said IIRC they're looking into.