Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, er, is everyone Sith?

Vyron_Deckard
12.07.2012 , 03:56 PM | #81
I personally detest all force users equally.

50 commando
50 gunslinger
50 operative
50 mercenary

Target verified. Commencing hostilities... ~ Unknown

CaptRavenous
12.07.2012 , 04:00 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?
Why limit youerself to one side? I have 4 characters on each side, some of my family has at least one toon per side. We have a guild on each side.

The amount of gaming available to you DOUBLES if you play both sides. You'll never be bored if you do.
BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

CosmicKat
12.07.2012 , 04:55 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
This was the exact point I was trying to make when I pointed out George Lucas' original intent.

The Sith nor its empire were ever noble. Ever. But to appeal to a wider audience for this game and to make sure both factions had healthy populations, BioWare sanitized it. You see the same thing in every MMO with a "good" faction and an "evil" faction.

The side that's historically been bad suddenly becomes "misunderstood."
Yep.

Well Lucas really sanitized it by wimping out and replacing a good group of evil badguys with a comically inept group of mustache-twirling wizard/politicians and their cartoon robot army.

Lium
12.07.2012 , 04:59 PM | #84
I would also like to point out that many of us said that empire would have way more people than Republic when the game launched, and everyone said "Nah, all the kids will want to be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo so they'll roll Republic. The older, more mature gamers will roll empire."

Yeah no.

LegendaryBlade
12.07.2012 , 05:02 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
I would also like to point out that many of us said that empire would have way more people than Republic when the game launched, and everyone said "Nah, all the kids will want to be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo so they'll roll Republic. The older, more mature gamers will roll empire."

Yeah no.
I was saying the opposite. I said from the start we'd be overwhelmed by Sith players because the dark side is 'cool', especially with fans of the prequels. Just about ever Star Wars fan i've ever met has been has been "Oh yeah darkside evil stuff so cool yeah" kind of person.

Most older and more 'mature' players i've met play on Republic. Friend I got in to the game just told me the other day "Wow Republic players are so much nicer and more helpful", and I didn't doubt it for a moment.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

CosmicKat
12.07.2012 , 05:07 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryBlade View Post
I was saying the opposite. I said from the start we'd be overwhelmed by Sith players because the dark side is 'cool', especially with fans of the prequels. Just about ever Star Wars fan i've ever met has been has been "Oh yeah darkside evil stuff so cool yeah" kind of person.

Most older and more 'mature' players i've met play on Republic. Friend I got in to the game just told me the other day "Wow Republic players are so much nicer and more helpful", and I didn't doubt it for a moment.
Same thing happened in SWG.

I guess it's cause us old folks had Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewy to look up to on the Republic side. The kids have Little Orphan Ani and Jar Jar. Tough choice there.

GalaxyStrong
12.07.2012 , 05:18 PM | #87
I think you will find more Sith's than any other toon for the simple reason : there are not many quality star-wars games where you get to be the bad guy. Most the time your a Jedi or a Non-Jedi that fight's for the republic or the rebels (there are a few exceptions but, not many). So, it's kind of a new experience for many people and BW does it justice for the most part plus from what I've heard the Empire classes have a better story than the republic toon (at least, that's what I keep hearing). I'm sure there could be some other reasons but IMO thats the big reason.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Tzaz
12.07.2012 , 11:49 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith. People say Sith storylines are better, people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them, I've even read that Sith character animations are better! (my jugg disagrees though)

So, are you Sith? And should I bother going Pub (I want to see all the class quests)?
I went sith because the gear is better, the stories are better and everything you see, touch or talk about isn't colored various shades of poop.
[/7777777777[<Θ>]{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Jawa-Punter
12.08.2012 , 12:34 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Forums are a nexus of dark side energy. All that rage, hate, and tears. So it's natural there will be plenty of them.
Best reply yet. You win this thread.

Deimias
12.08.2012 , 07:25 AM | #90
Bump cause this is one of the better threads I've made. Good discussion