Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, er, is everyone Sith?

Przemo_No
12.07.2012 , 09:02 AM | #21
hmmm, hmm, hmmmmmmmm..

i tried all options, but somehow was not very much impressed by Sith stories yet.

Republic seems more powerful and more "elaborated". At least we have decent spaceports and cities, Imps seem to be just in an "attack" phase with few established outposts that provide little (if any) chill-out places.
You just cannot walk in the Anchorhead being an Imp. You cannot visit Senate Plaza.

Being Rep you cannot walk on Droumnd Kaas, but as I said elsewhere is just a wasteland with no real town establishments.

Besides, that feeling of forging your own lightsaber on Tython... nerdgasm
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Ketchum
12.07.2012 , 09:02 AM | #22
I'm playing Sith now, but my mains for most of the game have been Republic. I'm just trying to get through all the class stories. It's true though, that all the classes on Empire had are more interesting than some on Republic, like, Trooper is the last class I'd want to play because it looks so boring. Same with Smuggler. The highest one I leveled was in his 20's, and I only got him that far because I was playing alongside my boyfriend. Whereas Bounty Hunter and Agent are some of the funnest classes I've played.

It's all perspective, though. Play what you like. That's the best thing about this game. Not one class is better than the other.
Murder and mayhem await

hallucigenocide
12.07.2012 , 09:02 AM | #23
looks means alot in mmo's and republic got slapped with the ugly stick real bad ..
the only class that does'nt look like a circus act is the trooper so yeah the empire looks more appealing
Dellamorte Jedi Battlemaster

Ryat
12.07.2012 , 09:03 AM | #24
I have 4 toons on each side.

MilesTeg_cy
12.07.2012 , 09:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryat View Post
I was about to write this

So I'm both Rep and Imp all lvl 50
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

DarkSaberMaster
12.07.2012 , 09:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryat View Post
Same. But admittedly, I like the feel of the Empire class and stories better. EAware took their time with the Empire side. The Republic side feels like it was an afterthought.
Back for a little bit.....for now.

chimex
12.07.2012 , 09:25 AM | #27
Well, when I want to relax after a long day of RL. I'd rather kick peasants than help them grow flowers
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

ConradLionhart
12.07.2012 , 09:26 AM | #28
Jedi Guardian here.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

NSStember
12.07.2012 , 09:30 AM | #29
I'm on Ebon Hawk with characters on both sides of the album, and honestly the poplulation on fleet on both usually seems pretty equal. Jumped onto Tython last night and there were 135 people leveling up new Republic Toons, so I think it's pretty even.

Personally, I enjoy both, but I do have to admit the Empire storylines seem a bit more "dynamic".

GavinPatterson
12.07.2012 , 10:00 AM | #30
As a Sith Lord everyone bows to you - they fear you, you remind them to watch their tone's etc. You Feel power and you feel it growing. Some of the choices you make can indeed label you a mass murder or a reformist within the Empire.
As for the Jedi, it's like the whole galaxy lost respect for them. Everyone thinks they can take you on. Its a constant upward battle for you and you are always being asked by everyone for aid.
The Empire: You lead efforts to conquer worlds and break newly formed colonies. Republic: is the opposite.
I like the Republic worlds better in all honestly. I love all the first act worlds on both sides. But the stories through out them all - i tend to like being Republic.
BUT i have 3 level 50 sith inquisitor's and 1 jug. I have one level 50 Jedi Sage (which was my first toon)
Barsen'thor; Jedi Master, Council member, mender of the rift and master of hidden knowledge