Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, er, is everyone Sith?

Mazikeen
12.07.2012 , 07:28 AM | #11
The Empire-side storylines seem to give more options for it's characters. I've only played Smuggler and Trooper Republic-side (rest are Empire) but the Trooper storyline gets on my nerves. I'm told Act 2 and 3 are better, but all the super pro-Republic crap makes me want to punch a puppy. The Republic is corrupt and the Trooper... well the Trooper sees the true colors of things early on. Yet you can't do much about it, at least not right away, it's all goody-goody crap.

Empire-side, you have options of being decent or a total terror early on up until the story completes. Plus, the ships look better...
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

ObiJuanShenobi
12.07.2012 , 07:32 AM | #12
It's like this:

-Republic has better class stories, IMO
-Sith is more fun to play. Kinda like Horde on WoW...everyone wants to be on the bad side because its 'cool'.
-Don't bother being Republic if you plan on using that toon to PVP once you hit level 50. PVP is dominated by Imp premades. As a Pub...Play 10 games, lose 9 of them. And I'm not kidding. (On PO5 at least)
-If you don't PVP, by all means roll Republic!
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Jawa-Punter
12.07.2012 , 07:42 AM | #13
It's because the dark side has better clubs.

Draksen
12.07.2012 , 08:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
-Don't bother being Republic if you plan on using that toon to PVP once you hit level 50. (...)
-If you don't PVP, by all means roll Republic!
Is this true on all servers?
Krypso Draksen, Chevalier de la République
Major Krypho Draksen, Commando d'assaut
Battle Meditation PvE-RP / Europe - français

TheBBP
12.07.2012 , 08:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Add the jedi robe from the jedi creation screen to the game and more people will play republic.

currently reps have ugly gear .
YOU have ugly gear. My Trooper happens to look like a BOSS.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Deimias
12.07.2012 , 08:51 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
The Empire-side storylines seem to give more options for it's characters. I've only played Smuggler and Trooper Republic-side (rest are Empire) but the Trooper storyline gets on my nerves. I'm told Act 2 and 3 are better, but all the super pro-Republic crap makes me want to punch a puppy. The Republic is corrupt and the Trooper... well the Trooper sees the true colors of things early on. Yet you can't do much about it, at least not right away, it's all goody-goody crap.

Empire-side, you have options of being decent or a total terror early on up until the story completes. Plus, the ships look better...
Yeah my BH is level 30... my trooper got to level 6 before being deleted. What an absolute snoozefest. Even his tone is so polite when he's being mean.... it's just frustrating.

iaie
12.07.2012 , 08:54 AM | #17
yes, im Sith
Nwûl tash.Dzwol shâsotkun.Shâsotjontû châtsatul nu tyûk.Tyûkjontû châtsatul nu midwan.Midwanjontû châtsatul nu asha.Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak.Wonoksh Qyâsik nun.

Elear
12.07.2012 , 08:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
My impressions from the forums... are that most people are Sith.
Forums are a nexus of dark side energy. All that rage, hate, and tears. So it's natural there will be plenty of them.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimias View Post
people use the sith equivalents of classes to refer to them
Either Imperials can't understand Republic names, so all people that want to be understood use imperial equivalents, or in some cases imperial names are easier/shorter to write, or can be shortened.

Eillack
12.07.2012 , 08:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Draksen View Post
If you like torture, enjoy genocides, are fond of committing atrocities, wet your pants when you hear the word extermination, then yes, the Sith are for you.
But I play my CM Commando 99% of the time
================================================== ==
But yeah, the kiddies love their uber sith lightning spam.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

MariaD
12.07.2012 , 08:59 AM | #20
I have never played evil characters before. So I started a neutral/light Republic smuggler. It did not feel right to me. It's not the danger, or being an underdog, more like sad, disorganized corruption and futility. It feels not like fighting a heroic battle against all odds, but like missing a project deadline. So I rolled a Sith Warrior and got hooked into the hammy, melodramatic Dark Side stories. You can be a sociopath... It's a totally novel experience for me, and it touched me deeply.

I do have alts for all the other stories, which I am slowly exploring. But I find the Republic side harder to deal with. My trooper is Light Side - how is he supposed to react to, say, Belsavis?! The psychologically sound response is that he becomes totally neurotic. Between a neurotic and a sociopath, the later is more fun to play.
Quicker
Easier
More seductive