Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having problems in PVP as Combat Medic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Having problems in PVP as Combat Medic

warpickney
12.06.2012 , 03:56 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
CM isn't good until lower/mid 30s. Roll either assault of gunnery until then...probably assault since gunnery gets worse and worse as the other classes get their interrupts.
Gunnery is so much fun, ok u can get interupted a lot but tbh the only ones that can chain interupt you are operatives and smugglers. Stick in a crowd and you will be fine. Use your tool set grx3 then hib then ar after that curtain should be up which takes you straight into fa, remember fa has a slow so use it after your knockback when you are fighting a melee class thow in a sticky nade maybe a hib and ar mix it up with your cyro nade and you get a fair bit of time to load up 3xgr. Btw use your aoe's as much as possible hob does a lot of damage and is very quick to excute.
Im no expert and yes at times it can be frustrating playing a dps commando but the rewards when you get it right are stunning. Most of all just remeber to have fun.
"To crush your enemies.. See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"

Aaoogaa
12.06.2012 , 06:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by warpickney View Post
Gunnery is so much fun, ok u can get interupted a lot but tbh the only ones that can chain interupt you are operatives and smugglers. Stick in a crowd and you will be fine. Use your tool set grx3 then hib then ar after that curtain should be up which takes you straight into fa, remember fa has a slow so use it after your knockback when you are fighting a melee class thow in a sticky nade maybe a hib and ar mix it up with your cyro nade and you get a fair bit of time to load up 3xgr. Btw use your aoe's as much as possible hob does a lot of damage and is very quick to excute.
Im no expert and yes at times it can be frustrating playing a dps commando but the rewards when you get it right are stunning. Most of all just remeber to have fun.
While gunnery can compete in the 1-49 pvp you will be nothing but frustrated at 50...so why not learn to play the specs that are going to be more than just a free kill later on.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

ArchArcher
12.06.2012 , 11:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaoogaa View Post
While gunnery can compete in the 1-49 pvp you will be nothing but frustrated at 50...so why not learn to play the specs that are going to be more than just a free kill later on.
Very true.
For all the commandos there who loves PvP: Stick to combat medic. All we can do now is heal, we gotta wait untill our dps specs gets fixed. It's stupid if you play as dps and soon as you hit lvl50 you become useless against any other class. Would be better if you master your working spec (combat medic) instead of learning a new spec when you hit lvl 50. PvP is full of shadows/assassins, sentinel/marauders etc. When I tried gunnery in wz's when I was lvl50 most of the time I didn't get out any damage, you get interupted/stunned and before you know your all ready dead. We can barley take any damage and every other player knows this too, so when they see commando icon popping up at their screens everyone goes: ''FREE KILL, MINE MINE !''

Eillack
12.07.2012 , 09:23 AM | #14
CM isn't good to maybe mid level if even. I waited until I was 50 and used a free respect honestly to go CM.

50 PvP is the same with melee classes going up your ***, but the healing factor, especially with BM+ (well BM gear will be gone soon) aids you a lot. I don't die often now because of the heals I roll. It usually takes around the entire team to kill me...well unless they use chain stuns to lock me completely.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.