Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Importance of Player Feedback with the New Free-to-Play Option
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Frevster
12.11.2012 , 02:28 AM | #291
I just want to say that I love the way you guys do F2P... I'm a fairly new member to the SWTOR community and I played F2P until level 20 until me and my friends decided to subscribe and others to be preferred. I loved how there was no level cap and how the restrictions weren't too bad to make me stop playing. If it wasn't for F2P and the way it's being done, I and many others wouldn't have been attracted to this game as we are now. I'm not entirely sure how many people will subscribe from the way F2P is implemented on SWTOR, but I definitely know they got me and my friends hooked.

Slipfeed
12.11.2012 , 03:11 AM | #292
If battle master gear shows up on the cash shop in any form, you're done.

BounceDK
12.11.2012 , 05:11 AM | #293
This is a joke thread right?

uaintjak
12.11.2012 , 06:36 AM | #294
Here is some player feedback for you:

I will never again purchase a product associated with EA or Bioware.

dbestwow
12.11.2012 , 06:41 AM | #295
I do like this free to play option because I can now at least get my friends to come online and do some Flash points and at least level with me, but it just seems to hard to do with this XP restriction I understand your restrictions with the flashpoints, Warzones, operations, space battles and other stuff but this is an "MMO" we are meant to at least play with other people and the game isn't fun without your friends. I just feel leveling would be more fun and you would attract people back if this XP restriction was removed.

alhamid
12.11.2012 , 09:20 AM | #296
I am a Pay to Play guy, and for a few days I was a free to play guy....I've been here since near day 1, and I am glad to see that there is now a free to play system....The only problem is that I believe these free to play guys should not be limited to the amount of times they can go into warzones. How they cannot trade and cannot join guilds.....I strongly feel the only restrictions should be the reduced xp and the 2 character max creation.

Golconda
12.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #297
Long time subscriber and player as well as a guild leader of a very active guild committed to SWTOR and I hope you seriously reconsider the way you handled Life Day because this is very sad. I am a huge supporter of this game and I desperately want it to be successful. I am however disappointed that you have basically made all the cute holiday stuff only purchasable for cartel coins, which means that as a subscriber I still have to pay EVEN more to get the cute little things.

I can actually even live with that, but what really bothers me is that you don't even have an event for Life Day. That is what people really want is a little event to celebrate things. If you want to pay attention to player feedback I would start there. I do want to wish you Happy Holidays and a great New Year to all of your staff because I still enjoy the game but this just seems like trying to milk a cash cow and that you have no vestment in the game, but EA wants to get as much money from this before it collapses. I am kind of sad.
"All of us are in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde
Rough Trade Gaming Community

Han_Soral
12.11.2012 , 10:06 AM | #298
I feel the need to write something for you guys far across the Atlantic. So... I returned to this game almost a year later. I tried the f2p option. I don't mind the restrictions, they are understandable from a business point of view. But I subscribed.

A whole YEAR is passed away and nothing has changed! Yes, you put in some extra playgrounds for endgame, some extra options, quickbars, and a few "new" items. But in general, the game is still the same, with additional bugs. Lots and lots of bugs everywhere I go. for example: Kira's lightsaber issues, the taxi on Coruscant vanishes, my character is floating in the air, really annoying. hard mode Foundry flashpoint is utterly unplayable!!!

And there are the other minor stuff that the community is begging for a year now.

VASTLY distinct and different "good" looking arms and armor for all classes. On GTN and all together in the game I came across like 5-10 different models! Unbelievable that under a year you couldn't make some really good looking armors for the classes across all levels, not just for the higher levels. (Note: a few legacy armors look great but still no significant model changes made here, and care to elaborate the bounty hunter level 10 legacy armor???? REALLY? THAT was the BEST you can do???..... WOW! just wow...
And stop recoloring and reusing the same models! I'm looking at you Cartel market armors. Why should anyone want to by anything from that market anyway?

HOOD ON/OFF OPTION! PLEASE!!!!
There is no need to further elaborate this. Make it happen! (Or at the very least, let the Jedi Knight wear the Sith Warrior armors)

Let every item bind to legacy instantly. I don't see any reason why it would be a bad idea not to do this. The "bind to character" is outdated.

EXTRA stuff, just some ideas: PAZAAK!!! pvp and pve even tournaments! A great side activity, like dueling. I don't understand why a computer game always needs to be focused around killing each other.
OR SWOOP RACING again PVP and PVE. Amazing way to earn some credits, race against each other.
OR REAL SPACE COMBAT! PVE and PVP. How amazing could have been to actually fight in groups in SPACE! And go wherever I want to go with it, sure in a reasonable playing arena of course, but you get the idea. Forget this scripted boring missions. They are just not worth the time.

More CLASS STORY MISSIONs ON BRAND NEW PLANETS!!! I don't really care about the planet missions, they are basically the same on each planet. You talk with the guy yeah there is some problem with Imps or Reps, yeah you do that, you do this, then the planet is saved and you move on! BORING!! WE NEED REALLY, I REPEAT REALLY UNIQUE MISSIONS in the game. (Puzzles, exploration, quests without shooting a bunch of people, like diplomacy missions etc.etc)

And a few extra just to feel that the world you're in is exists without boundaries:
MAKE additional side activities for the Classes. Like: let Bounty hunters "hunt for bounties", Smugglers smuggle goods, and spices across the galaxy, Jedi Consulars discover hidden secrets about the force gaining unique abilities for themselves, or for their companions, let Assassins do some assassinations in the galaxy, maybe infiltrate Coruscant to take out the target. etc-etc. (I'm thinking specifically here the Bounty hunter Belsavis class quest part, where I had to take out 8 targets, but give more details about the targets, you don't even need voice over, just text, and make it to feel like you are in a huge galaxy not just on a planet between lvl 24-30 and then move on to the next.
-Character customizations option in-game of course
-dye armors
-character respecialization: I should have the option to change advance class, maybe give it a limit, like once or twice
-and of course I absolutely understand that implementing new things into the game takes time, but nothing really happened in this year since I left. Well it's even worse now considering the alarmingly increasing rate of bugs. If nothing else please focus on fixing these, DON'T ADD ANYTHING UNTIL at least 90% of the known bugs are fixed and they will mostly never occur again!

And lastly: This game is a good one, but it needs a lot of improvement. I can wait but not forever. Give me something so I can say this one is worth it. The small gifts are nice but that's not going to make me stay. Thanks

TraskMundi
12.11.2012 , 03:04 PM | #299
I bought the game, subscribed, quit, and subscribed again for a month, now I'm trying F2P. I'm okay with all the limitations, though the lesser experience is a pain. My main actual beef is with the constant reminders: look, I get it that I earned less experience or didn't get a reward option - reminding me every time doesn't make me want to subscribe, even if you use exclamation points (i.e. "subscribe for more!"), it just irritates me.

I'd consider subscribing again, but there are some things about how F2P is handled that just bug me, and result in me having stubborn feelings about not wanting to pay for anything. F2P should feel like playing the game, but I just want... this thing to make it easier... and then this thing... and this thing... oh, hell, I may as well subscribe. Instead, F2P feels kind of like a mix between a shake-down and a constant, nagging voice.

BlazingShadow
12.11.2012 , 03:14 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by uaintjak View Post
Here is some player feedback for you:

I will never again purchase a product associated with EA or Bioware.
this. You have earned my personal distrust and disdain.