Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trauma Probe and Adrenaline Rush

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Trauma Probe and Adrenaline Rush

Goshik
12.04.2012 , 02:20 PM | #1
I know I'm not the only one who doubts their usefulness in PvP. Can these get a buff or changed in some way?

Trauma Probe: It's a fun little device to mitigate minor damage at the beginning of a battle but other than that it's useless. Half way through a fight where my ammo reserve is halved I'm not about to use it because it uses up valuable ammo and simply doesn't deliver the punch a Bacta Grenade does making it a purely contextual skill. Literally it was designed for the lazy healer who doesn't want to mash HS during an minor encounter.

Possible improvements? Maybe increase the amount it heals per charge and then halve the charges. So a 1/5 charges heals 2x as much as a normal 1/10 charge, either that of lower the ammo cost to 1. It really just needs more punch to it, right now it's just simply not useful or worth it to use in PvP.

Adrenaline Rush: I don't think I need to say much here. It's a throw away skill, it doesn't help me substantially in the least bit. It's not going to save me in a pinch. Yes it does help some, but its not going to help me in clutch situations where I need that health right there and then.

Possible improvements? I'm not sure, I would like a new skill entirely. Maybe replace it with a helpful escape like all the other classes have. It would be nice if they changed the effect entirely. It might even be better off by making us immune to interrupts for at least a few seconds to pop off our channeled abilities, snipers/gunslingers an ability like that. Why not us? There is nothing more I hate than being interrupted, stunned, and tossed around like a rag-doll when I'm trying to channel my heals, and don't tell me that combat shield is the solution because it's not. I only get that every 2 minutes.

Maybe these improvements aren't really necessary but these skills as they are are just boring and not worth the hotkey space to me. They are weak, especially adrenaline rush. Trauma Probe is okay but I do think it could be improved. Maybe it's just a matter of preference, I'm sure many of you are happy with your little periodic heals, but to me they just don't deliver.
Rakish: Lv.55 Combat Medic

johnyangelo
12.05.2012 , 11:31 AM | #2
As it for trauma probe. Its got a buff actually recently with that skill above it in skill tree. You can actually trigger its effect with hammer shot on enemy which is nice when interupting ppl.

In wh gear it can crit up to 900 and it does that every 3 secs so i feel its like having a HoT on you.

What I really dont like is the price. If 0 ammo was too easy, 2 ammo is actually quite a lot in heat of battle so what about meaking it at least 1?

Adrenaline rush should have a spec that would give you back like 3 ammo cells per duration or something like that.

Kickimanjaro
12.05.2012 , 12:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
Adrenaline rush should have a spec that would give you back like 3 ammo cells per duration or something like that.
I agree with what you have said about Trauma Probe, and would like to see Adrenaline Rush get a buff similar to what you have described.

I do not know if this would be overpowered, but what if Trauma probe also gave, say, half of the amount of armor that AMP does (add a 5% armor buff to the heal)?
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

oaceen
12.05.2012 , 05:46 PM | #4
i would like adrenaline rush to actually live up to its name.

increased speed, power buff, etc. for the duration

Goshik
12.05.2012 , 07:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by johnyangelo View Post
As it for trauma probe. Its got a buff actually recently with that skill above it in skill tree. You can actually trigger its effect with hammer shot on enemy which is nice when interupting ppl.
Yeah I used to spec that and I love it for PvE, if you are in a FP with a vanguard tank it rules and like you said, when it's on you it actually does some decent heals (and I mean that). It's just not so useful when putting it on any other player and even more so when you're in the context of PvP where everything is not certain and you're not about to blow 2 ammo on something so weak.

I think like someone else said and I mentioned, making the ammo just 1 would definitely make me want to use it more and maybe adding a buff with it would be great too. Like 3-5% armor or something.
Rakish: Lv.55 Combat Medic

NoFishing
12.06.2012 , 03:23 AM | #6
The main problem with AR as a defensive CD is that is simply isn't large enough to deal with the amount of burst damage many DPS classes are dealing in PvP now. It lasts for what, 15s? In most cases, you are either dead in 5-10s, or the threat has been distracted or killed, and you don't need it anymore.

So I'd like to see it's effective time shortened, and it's healing frontloaded significantly.

oaceen
12.06.2012 , 04:23 PM | #7
i wonder if frontline medic could be expanded: if trauma probe is used on another player, using hammershot as a heal on that player would consume a TP charge and heal the target, on the same 3s lockout timer

ArchArcher
12.06.2012 , 11:50 PM | #8
Trauma probe should heal when you deploy it, like 500 to 800 (does not consume charge), I mean it costs 2 ammo and it's not that great of a skill. You can only deploy it to 1 person so I'd say make the healing abit more powerful than it is and it should consume all 10 charges (or whatever is left of it) imidiatley if the targets health is dropped below or at 30%.

Adrenaline Rush should give at least 15% dmg reduction when it's active.

Kickimanjaro
12.07.2012 , 02:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i wonder if frontline medic could be expanded: if trauma probe is used on another player, using hammershot as a heal on that player would consume a TP charge and heal the target, on the same 3s lockout timer
I agree, that sounds like a fairly balanced solution to give TP a little more kick to its healing capabilities.

Quote: Originally Posted by ArchArcher View Post
Trauma probe should heal when you deploy it, like 500 to 800 (does not consume charge), I mean it costs 2 ammo and it's not that great of a skill. You can only deploy it to 1 person so I'd say make the healing abit more powerful than it is and it should consume all 10 charges (or whatever is left of it) imidiatley if the targets health is dropped below or at 30%.

Adrenaline Rush should give at least 15% dmg reduction when it's active.
I also really like this idea, but think that it may have problems with balance in PvP. Regardless, it is something that I would love to see in PvE. It would also further emphasize our role as a great single-target healer, as we would then be able to bring people back from low health even faster.
Kickimanjaro / Erinaceous / Stimfiend / Stüxnet / Áyrenn / Snipertoon
<Galactic Forces> on Jedi Covenant

KeyboardNinja
12.13.2012 , 03:39 PM | #10
Trauma Probe is already fantastic when you use it right. It's our most efficient heal by a WIDE margin. Buffing it would be…somewhat OP. The only thing I would change about it would be to allow us to deploy it on multiple targets. That would amount to giving us a true unrestricted HoT, rather than the current scheme which is a single-target HoT. It would also make it significantly easier to raid heal. Though, the 5 minute timer might make this a little bit over-powered as well, since you could just pre-cast on everyone and LOL your way through most raid damage mechanics.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)