Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So I see 350k...

vatore
12.04.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1
So I see 350K damage dealt in PvP for other Sentinels, even as high as 500K once. DPS as high as 500. And then there is me...100K if I'm lucky, about 125 DPS. 3 War Hero pieces and the rest Battlemaster, all augmented. What am I doing wrong?

Ridickilis
12.04.2012 , 02:14 PM | #2
They are most likely focus spec and you are either combat or watchman spec right off the bat.

Other factors may be that they are DPSing around healers (that's a nice way to 'ask' for heals without saying a word) so they may have been kept alive longer which in turn results in more damage over the course of the WZ.

But I'm banking on the fact they were most likely focus specs using their AOE sweep. At the low end they are doing 5k x 2/3 every 9 seconds or so. In other words don't worry about comparing damage because the three spec's strengths are entirely different.

AngusFTW
12.04.2012 , 02:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
They are most likely focus spec and you are either combat or watchman spec right off the bat.

Other factors may be that they are DPSing around healers (that's a nice way to 'ask' for heals without saying a word) so they may have been kept alive longer which in turn results in more damage over the course of the WZ.

But I'm banking on the fact they were most likely focus specs using their AOE sweep. At the low end they are doing 5k x 2/3 every 9 seconds or so. In other words don't worry about comparing damage because the three spec's strengths are entirely different.
Don't see why spec should have anything to do with it. all 3 trees are capable of the numbers stated when played correctly.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Ridickilis
12.04.2012 , 04:43 PM | #4
Actually.....yeah 350K isn't really that high for the 50 bracket. I'm probably still butthurt over the back to back to back smashes I took the other night, don't mind me.

For the OP my point was more about not trying to compare damage numbers, the aoe specs generally put out sexier numbers at the end of matches than the single target specs. Really, without knowing more info about spec/rotation/what you're focusing on in a WZ, it's hard to advise where you could clean up your game a little. Are you sticking with teammates and focusing targets or do you find yourself caught in a lot of 1 vs 3's? It sounds like that could be the case as well.

AllanGand
12.04.2012 , 09:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post

(I'm in bm with augments, with just the wh weapons and implants)

you're quite wrong my dear sir. As combat I always hover around 300k, spike up to 500 in full void stars, and go down to 50-100k in huttballs where I concentrate on CC/running the ball and speed boosts for my team.

Anyway to the op: First things first, are you where the fighting is thickest or are you defending? If you are always defending you will not be getting that damage.

Also to give you some better advice, we would need to know what your spec is, and what you do in wzs, so we can give you specific advice.

The pointers are, look scary, make them cc you, full resolve run in and rape face. You have to learn to be sneaky, and dodge behind pillars/walls/and other things to make ranged dps not want to target you.

Always go for their healers, NEVER jump to them. You walk to them, you let them use their knockback/cc whatever they do to you, and only then do you jump to them and unleash.

sDiesel
12.04.2012 , 10:53 PM | #6
as a marauder ive notice since ive come back.
rage/focus = great for defense on node w/ or w/o healer/tank, and/or great offense on node w/ or w/o healer/tank
it's the "I Work Out!" spec, since the game dropped for pvp....
anih/watch = great for pure solo/pve/pugpvp..but dont expect to put up big numbers with it. but you'll live a lil longer...sometimes(healers favor the rage mara i guess?)
that other spec...i havent played, but the 15% speed buff has been looking good since i took a break in 1.2 =)

Loladarulz
12.05.2012 , 02:02 AM | #7
You should be able to break 300k with any spec really.

Karasuko
12.05.2012 , 02:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vatore View Post
So I see 350K damage dealt in PvP for other Sentinels, even as high as 500K once. DPS as high as 500. And then there is me...100K if I'm lucky, about 125 DPS. 3 War Hero pieces and the rest Battlemaster, all augmented. What am I doing wrong?
Couple of things to do to get high scoreboard numbers (which are almost worthless btw)
1. FInd a pocket healer.
2. Find a pocket guarder.
3.Ignore objectives and go for raw damage done.
4.Spec focus, cause its great at inflating numbers and accidentally KBing people you didnt notice were on low health around your target.

Mix well together then realise that winning games> your epeen.

Jetflair
12.08.2012 , 07:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Don't see why spec should have anything to do with it. all 3 trees are capable of the numbers stated when played correctly.
I fail to see how.

Its no big feat to reach with Focus 300 k in long lasting battle. And its simple mathmeatics. As long as you spam Force Sweep with 2-5 target aroinds you, you will 3-5 k damage per target per Sweep. You can't match that output anyway with Vigilance. There is no way you going to do 10-25 k on single attack.

Not even theorectially. You going to run lot more after targer and do far slower damage.

Fact is that Smashing/Force Sweeping is easy to raise total damage. Just leap and press button and you going to get average about 7-15 k of damage depending how many targets you leap on.

Another thing is does it matter- It looks good on score table but to be honest I think Vigilance is far more effective.
You pick target and if you want it dead its best choice for that. With Focus you do damage all over but you wont always be around long enough to get all hard targets.

So the damage output is not really comparable. Its how its distributed. Do 60% on targets you don't kill and who get healed afterwards. Or do 80% to targets you kill are bit diffrent things. Like there is overhealing you can talk about over damage. Damage that doesn't actually achieve much.

I've been actually more happy with games that I do about 100 k to 150 k on Vigilance than with Focus that do 200 -300 k. Because I've achived much more and killed the right targets on right time

Focus does the overall damage, Vigilance delivers.

mrekxxx
12.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by vatore View Post
prolly you click abilities? i do 150k + on my lvl 13 operative everymatch ...