Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A couple of questions for a first time Bounty Hunter.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
A couple of questions for a first time Bounty Hunter.

kevanick
12.04.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1
Hi there, fellow Bounty Hunters. I have a few questions regarding my Mercenary BH as I have just finished Taris and I'm going to try to take it slow via leveling up, and I'm curious what other Hunters' thoughts were. I've never done the PvP portion of the game so keep it in mind. Also I'm at level 34 now.

First off, what would be more useful for my skill tree: Pyrotech or bodyguard, because I've been outting most of my points in Arsenal and was wondering what I should do with my remaining points. Next question is... how useful will Blizz be once I get him on Hoth? Should I stick with Mako or Torian for PvE or give Blizz a shot once he joins up? Any suggestions for how to improve my Mercenary is much appreciated.

z-monty
12.04.2012 , 01:41 PM | #2
In terms of how best to allocate your remaining skill points, first make it to the top of the Arsenal skill tree, assuming you want to go full Arsenal spec. The quicker you get Heatseaking Missile, the better, so focus on that for now. Once you get that far, then it depends on how you want to play. If you want your occasional off-heals to be stronger/faster, put a few in Bodyguard. If you want some extra versatility then put the extra points in Pyrotech. Of course, some skills in either tree might benifit you so mix them here and there and find which ones you like most.

As for Blizz, it depends who you have now. I was running with Torian when I first got Blizz, and the first thing you'll notice when running with Blizz is that he holds aggro on himself very well. With Torian, it's pretty easy to draw aggro off him and have mobs or bosses come attacking you, but Blizz holds aggro pretty well. That said, you cant loose running with Mako either, assuming she is geared up. Running with a healer is never a bad thing, unless you are a healer yourself of course, so it just depends really how safe you feel taking down enemies by yourself or if you want someone like Blizz holding aggro while you shoot from a distance. Hope this helps!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Elyxin
12.04.2012 , 09:56 PM | #3
Blizz isn't bad, but he needs good gear to stay alive. if your a healer spec, torian is a better option for performance. I don't heal him much more then i heal Blizz, and he tears stuff up. blizz is just fun to play with, pure and simple. Blizz does better with tanking gear. He can run in DPS gear, but Torian does far more damage in the same gear.

if you're a DPS spec Mako is perfect. tank comps don't work as well sadly. they can hold aggro, but they take more damage then a tank class would (their tanking stance doesn't have much in the way of mitigation boosts), and without a healing class to back them up, they can go down quick.

But on my Merc i enjoy using blizz for talking heroics when Im heal spec. They do last longer then a DPS comp with solid heals.