Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
12.03.2012 , 11:40 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 5: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Welcome to the fifth instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.

The last battle, Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate, was after a long and bitter struggle, a victory for Kun, as Mandalore was unable to defend against the full power of a Dark Lord of the Sith. But onto round five.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Twin Suns, Hanharr. (The Gand nest and Zhug "brothers" are part of G0-T0’s power base - the Trade Federation Droid Army are not part of Plagueis')
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: Both Plagueis and G0-T0 were epitomes of cunning, logic and reason, using their cold and calculating personas and alter egos to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale.

Plagueis held the accumulated power of Order of the Sith Lords at the height of its influence. As Hego Damask he controlled the wealth and resources of Damask Holdings, and as a Dark Lord he commanded his own Sith cult – the Sun Guard. Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. But when these hidden powers are plunged into the open arena, how will they fare? Who will win?

I've posted relevant links to Wookiee pages on the more obscure organisations that you may not be aware of, so give them a quick read if your unaware.

Let the Kaggath begin!

Victor: G0-T0

MasterMe
12.03.2012 , 03:02 PM | #2
Very interesting! I'll need to see the points made of others before I can make a decision or take a side.

G0-T0 has the advantage of resources and numbers, but Plagueis is.. ya know... a powerful Sith. At a glance I'd give it to Plagueis.

Beniboybling
12.03.2012 , 03:49 PM | #3
Where are my star debaters? (other than the brilliant MasterMe) Guess they only come out at night...

YoshiRaphElan
12.03.2012 , 03:54 PM | #4
Gotta be Plagueis. As brilliant as G0-T0 is, he's no Sith Lord - certainly not one who built a strategy such as Plagueis' Master Plan. And if it came down to physical - unlikely - then Plagueis would just chop the "fat one" to shreds.

Ausstig
12.03.2012 , 04:09 PM | #5
Plagueis.

Given that GO-TO can't even catch a single jedi until one literally walks into his hands. He won't do well against a SIth lord who, ensured the fall of the old republic.
Have Force lightning will travel

Aurbere
12.03.2012 , 04:22 PM | #6
Plagueis. He may not have an extensive power base at first glance, but he can easily make up ground. We're talking about the guy who created the Grand Plan. Plagueis could easily sweep G0-T0's power base from under him and crush him. This would be a battle in the shadows, and Plagueis is the master of the shadows.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Xatasha
12.03.2012 , 05:15 PM | #7
GO-TO would win

GO-TO would use a droid copy of himself and then blow it up along with Plaguels. Even if Plagueis knew GO-TO had copies I doubt he could find them all.

Warren-Stride
12.03.2012 , 05:48 PM | #8
I literally scremed "Yes, GO-TO!" when I saw this!

So, here's the thing, GO-TO can't die.

First, Plagueis, will have to find him. The Sith will think GO-TO is a human, and attempt to find his base. If he does find GO-TO's Stealthed Ship he will have no way of knowing that GO-TO is a droid. And actually, considering GO-TO only used droids on his ship, Plagueis would not be able to sense the ship through the Force.

Second, GO-TO is invisible. He has a stealth field generator that can make him disappear. Even Plaueis (I'm assuming) would not be able to sense him due to the fact that the Force does not reach GO-TO, he's a droid.

Third, GO-TO is a droid, and can therefor download himself into another body. He could hide as a mouse droid, really. Assuming the technology of the era, he could even remotely download his datafiles/ personality into another body as his doom grows near, escaping.

So the only way Plagiues will win is if
a.) He finds GO-TO's cloaked ship
b.) He discovers GO-TO isn't a human
c.) He finds GO-TO's stealthed droid body
d.) He prevents GO-TO from saving himself by download

mefit
12.03.2012 , 06:04 PM | #9
Darth Plagueis hands down , he was so powerful , the most powerful Sithlord Sidious had to kill him while he was drunk and asleep .

Can we get a Darth Krayt vs..........so and so soonish please..............I think he is well underrated .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Warren-Stride
12.03.2012 , 06:28 PM | #10
I know this is blasphemy, but in a 1v1 fight, I'm gonna give it to GO-TO.

Hear me out.

Stealth + Droid = VERY dangerous enemy for a Force User. They cannot sense his movements through the Force because he is not alive, and they cannot see or sense him due to the Stealth Generator. GO-TO would get frist strike and the element of surprise.

Darth Plagueis lacks precognitive abilities due his maxi-chlorian infection. If GO-TO were to make a strike at the Sith Lord from behind, without exiting stealth, mind you, Plagueis would have to rely on reflexes. This attack could come at any time, GO-TO could be his own assassin, or he could do this when (if) Plagueis boards his ship. But sometime when the Sith's defenses are down.

Here's what I see happening: GO-TO goes into stealth as Plagueis comes near. Totally unable to sense the droid, Plagueis is completely unaware of GO-TOs presense and, coupled with his lack of precognitive abilities, he is unsuspecting. GO-TO then sends a paralyis dart at Plagueis. Mind you, these darts are used by assassins to be silent and quick, and if GO-TO is in close range, which he very well could be, Plagueis would have no time to react. Or, if you argue he could, GO-TO could literally float up to the Sith and stab him with a needle.

As someone else pointed out, Plaueis died in part due to poisoning. With his complete invisbility and Plagueis's lack of precognitive abilities, GO-TO could do the same.

1v1 = GO-TO?