Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gen Chat Needs to be Monitored 24/7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
Gen Chat Needs to be Monitored 24/7

LanceCorporalDan
01.10.2013 , 04:09 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
I quoted the TOS because many people on this thread did not seem to understand that what is being complained about (the racism, gay bashing and other forms of harassment) is against the TOS and therefore can be reported and possibly lead to banning. You might think hate speech is OK and should be tolerated, but it is in direct violation of the code of conduct and can and should lead to a ban if someone reports it.
Where did I ever say "hate speech is OK"? Read what I said carefully...

I simply said MOST people disregard the TOS I never said that I do. I abide by it. Also hate speech was under the umbrella of real life threats and such. I assumed you would place hate speech under that. Aside from that, yes it is reportable, which is exactly what you should do if you wish, I just add to ignore if it doesn't offend me.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

LanceCorporalDan
01.10.2013 , 04:10 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Nevertheless, you agreed to the ToS. You are expected to abide by it. Chat filters are not a license for you to say as you please.
I do abide by it, and never said other people are entirely free to say as they please.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

MaximusRex
01.10.2013 , 04:53 PM | #103
I would like it if General Chat had the full selection of options for right click reporting as well. All I get in General is Report Spam, not being able to choose is meh.

Ivomec
01.10.2013 , 06:48 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
It's isn't that bad on TOFN...usually. It does suck sometimes, but paying people to monitor it? Who would even take that job? Report em, block em, I really don't think we can ask much more of BW.
I would take that job, sit at home monitor the chat channels with a nice "Ban-hammer" while waiting for my PvP to "pop". What this game needs is the Guide program like Everquest used to have. People would apply to be a guide and they would go through in game training to handle tickets and issues within the game and if they couldn't handle it as a guide or senior guide they would elevate it up to a GM. Oh did I say they were Volunteer's?

I must say that the General chat is just horrible, I was going to get my son his own account so we could play together but I have since changed my mind and that we will just play another game together instead while I play this one solo.

Sad, as he is a BIG Star Wars fan and has all the toys to go with it. General chat has ruined this for him.

Cheers
Through the travail of the ages, Midst the pomp and toil of war, Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.

Kabjat
01.11.2013 , 12:08 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
Or...

Let people exercise their freedom of speech. You're on a keep the forums holy crusade, I'm on an identify and crucify all the stupid people crusade.
doesn't mean what you think it means. It never does when people use this as an excuse for bad behavior

Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
If others have the right to cry and moan about the stupid, idioti stuff they do on the forums, I should have the right to call them on it without some other crybaby trying to get me banned. I don't tell them they can't have or voice their opinion, why should anyone think they can do that to me (or anyone for that matter).

People need to toughen up and stop getting their little feelings hurt over every little thing, some times people aren't going to like you or your ideas... and they're going to tell you about.
Wow, entitlement much? Try civility as an alternative to boorishness. You might be shocked at the results. It's also quite liberating for one to know that one isn't the center of the universe. Cheers!
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaltom View Post
Are you playing TOR on an Atari Potato?

bahdasz
01.13.2013 , 04:59 AM | #106
for me it's not the language people use, because I can out-do pretty much anybody in that respect and I don't care... it's the retarded 12-years olds that go on and on and on about the stupidest crap in the world. They need to just remove that channel altogther, imo.

DarthBandeth
01.13.2013 , 09:21 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
You realize that F2Pers can only post infrequently, right? This game's community was never good. Blaming F2P is ridiculous. What, do you people think that WoW's community is somehow pristine and perfect and free of all bigots and bullies because it's sub based? Don't make me laugh.

Seriously though, the internet is a cesspool. Even with rules and regulations and an EULA for the game, people are still going to post terrible things that will rustle your jimmies. Nothing is sacred when you are anonymous.
Asking for volunteer moderators is a horrible idea. I can't wait to see volunteer mods abuse their power! Yay!

Honestly, you have the ability to not only ignore offenders, but report them, and you can even leave the chat! It's like leaving a room when people are saying offensive things, only it's for the internet! It's just like magic!

You're asking for martial law when it's really not necessary. Here is how you fix things. Don't feed the trolls, use the ignore list for what it's supposed to be used for, and move on.

Look, I get it. You want the community to get better. We already have a way (reporting and ignoring) to make it better. There are so many things that need to be fixed in this game. Please don't make BEAware waste resources on trying to police chat instead of working on actual content.

TL;DR, "Entire thread is BABIES!" - Heavy
This.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

ileriaone
01.15.2013 , 09:46 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by buttjammerrump View Post
stop being stupid and turn off chat if you are soooooooooooo damn sensitive to what other people talk about. Or use the game fuction called ignor. But i know you wont because you rather complain to complain like any typical internet loser. Oh i dont like that word..but i cant stop reading it......Realy that hard to turn off chat or simply use the game feature ignor? Grow up and move on.
you know, its been said many times that it only takes good people ignoring evil for evil to win. yeah, this is a stretch... but its time for people that are sick of this behaviour online to take a stand..and thats what this is. so maybe you need to grow up and let people stand up for what is right... and not just roll over and let jerks get away with it like you want to do. so.. keep burying your head... see how that works for you. at least some of us stand up for what is at least respectful to others and think that is what everyone deserves.

boleole
01.16.2013 , 02:49 AM | #109
I have played a jedi up to lvl 50 on a normal american server, didtt see anything offending in generalchat.
I have played a bounty hunter to lvl 50 on eu pvp server, noting bad in general chat.
Im now levling another jedi on an european pvp server, nothing bad in general chat here either.

Im happy bioware put people on developing game instead of monitoring general chat like a kgb agency making sure nobody say something thats not political correct atm.

This is storm in a glass of water, nothing to see so carry on..

cheers
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.”

wainot-keel
01.16.2013 , 11:36 AM | #110
I'd rather have people working on in-game tickets 24/7. For gen-chat stupidity and douchiness, I can either quickly ignore or just turn the whole thing off.