Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Social Behaviour

Nidza
12.04.2012 , 07:33 PM | #21
I personally like helping new players but I am a massive dick to level 50 imps when i am ganking them

Giantewok
12.05.2012 , 12:50 AM | #22
@OP Yes i'm afraid it's the 'warcraft effect' where manners, respect and everything else you and me do is ignored by Mr. Impatient.

I get whispered in a few languages (which is ok because it is a worldwide community) and when I reply I only know English, I get sworn at and/or screamed at in caps. doesn't happen very often but it happened on republic 2 days ago and I was only on tython!

Not had too many issues on sith apart from random invites spam and trade chat in Polish
Spaceballs, best spoof ever!

DarthEccen
12.05.2012 , 11:36 AM | #23
You type English fairly well. I've only ever witnessed someone not speaking English in General Chat-- never in a group-- and those instances are few and far between.

I have to say, though, I think the community has been "ruder" since before F2P. I've seen a lot of arrogance, ******tery, and general douchebagery (that I've been the victim of!) since populations increased-- which, quite frankly, is probably just a direct result of my probability of running into such people when put into a higher population. So, no, I don't think F2P has resulted in more foul behavior.

I do swear upon my PlayStation 3 that F2P has resulted in more spammers, and they're is obviously a more significant amount of trolls. But I've actually seen more rude people ignored, told to f*** off, or just picked on in general, as opposed to more rude people clogging up General Chat with their bad behavior. I don't think rude behavior has picked up since F2P.

Dzan
12.05.2012 , 12:28 PM | #24
Nice theme,man.So far the best solution to avoid rude people is to play with your friend or guildmates,cause rude people are everywhere.I think they just feel "protected" and try to be somebody in a game not in real life.I have no problems if they can say their complaits in my face,not in chat,specially in pvp( something like "we lost cause you suck,and you suck cause you are low lvl",or my favorite"nice work noob team"). So people let's be polite with each other and have some fun,because this is a game not a battlefield

Good Luck in your adventures and have a nice day

P.s: your english is fine

Totaltrash
12.06.2012 , 02:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NummSaul View Post
Since f2p has launched i have noticed that people ( new players/old sub players/) are really rude and impatient.
I would like to find out if more people have noticed this and other (lets call it anti-social behaviour) since f2p launched?

I would like to it make clear that i really enjoy the game with my friends and keep on playing for a long time.

But the things ive encounterd or heard from other players/friends:

-People react rude when someone asks a question in general chat/groupchat. The person/persons in question get trolled etc for something silly.
-When someone says 1 min afk ( bio break or whatever the reason is, we all agree to wait a bit.
But when someone else in the group said brb 5 min bio break he got kicked halfway a HM FP by the player that just went away for a 1 minute break.
-The overall rudeness in chat with foreign players not speaking english.( I am a foreign player but i always try to speak my best english in general chat or groups except when i play with friends in a group) When you ask nicely if they could speak english so that everyone can understand whats being said, they refuse and keep talking in their language and the group can't understand what he/she is trying to say to us and rage and quit the group or other people get kicked.

And there are alot of other things ive encounterd of heard from.

And i know '''welcome to the wonderfull world of the internet'' is going through your mind.
But it seems alot of people just don't care about a healthy community anymore?

If my english isn't very good i apolagize, it's not my native language
As expected, F2P has changed the climate - but it's not all because of F2P.

When I was on Darth Sion, I had exactly one person on ignore (most of the server had that guy on ignore btw).
4 month later, we merged into Drooga, and within a few weeks, I had half a dozen ignores.
Then EAware released groupfinder, and my ignores doubled again.
Then we merged into Harbinger and the ignores doubled once more.
Since F2P, I probably added another dozen trolls to the list.

Statistically, the more people you have on a server, the more jerks you will have.
Add to that the increased anonymity of a large crowd, and even more people will misbehave.
Finally, add to that the F2P'ers with nothing lose and you arrive at the current state of affairs.

It will only get worse...

melodylane
12.06.2012 , 08:26 AM | #26
Rudeness and anti-social behaviour has always been in the game. Albiet more so since the launch of f2p, I simply chalked it up to more a** holes having access to the game. Yesterday I was playing the Imp side a low level and everybody I grouped with did not talk even when spoken to, just dropped for no apparent reason (sometimes right in the middle of a fight), or would not stay with the group (just running off). It was very annoying so I feel yur pain.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Nydus
12.06.2012 , 12:02 PM | #27
I've had mostly good experiences.

re: Groups. Every once and a while there is a stinker in an OP and a FlashPoint. My standard practice is to make fun of them subtly until they quiet themselves. If I'm healer a few battles where I keep them almost dead is both amusing and enough to get them to quiet themselves.

re: General Chat. Quite frankly, I rarely participate since F2P and generally ignore. I find most newbie questions that I notice are answered and if not I'll whisper the person. The only thing that gets me to post a negative comment (that could be interpreted as rude) is a whiny comment about how A) X isn't free or B) WoW does X better.

With regards to the former, as a subscriber I am insulted by people who want the things I dish money out for to be free. You have access to pretty much everything you need in the Cartel Coin system. You can even purchase many cartel coin items through the GTN.

With regards to the later, believe it or not, some of us have never played WoW and really don't care.

I'm not sure telling someone to pipe down on the above is "rude". I don't insult them, I just tell them they aren't going to win any friends if they continue on.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Nydus
12.06.2012 , 12:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by melodylane View Post
Rudeness and anti-social behaviour has always been in the game. Albiet more so since the launch of f2p, I simply chalked it up to more a** holes having access to the game. Yesterday I was playing the Imp side a low level and everybody I grouped with did not talk even when spoken to, just dropped for no apparent reason (sometimes right in the middle of a fight), or would not stay with the group (just running off). It was very annoying so I feel yur pain.
Yeah, that's happened to me. I just started up a new character. I chalk up the running off to not knowing how to play the game and not communicating to not understanding the /group or /general /say commands.

Also consider language barriers, etc.

Also, I sometimes make judgments on whether I should help a new player by their name. Anyone else do that?

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

melodylane
12.06.2012 , 01:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
Yeah, that's happened to me. I just started up a new character. I chalk up the running off to not knowing how to play the game and not communicating to not understanding the /group or /general /say commands.

Also consider language barriers, etc.

Also, I sometimes make judgments on whether I should help a new player by their name. Anyone else do that?

- Arcada
I've never though to do that, but I see the bases of your reasoning. Your more likely to get an imature attitude with some one with the name of "Myhotdog" (and Ive seen it used) than someone that looks like they put a little though tbehind their toons name.

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

Totaltrash
12.06.2012 , 02:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nydus View Post
<snip>
- Arcada
Heh, do I assume correctly that you would never help me then?

(but I know what you mean - I've seen a few barely disguised racist names now and I wouldn't help those people either)