Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lore: Doesn't rule-out any species/class combination?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Lore: Doesn't rule-out any species/class combination?

chuixupu
12.04.2012 , 05:04 PM | #11
Unfortunately Lore typically does tend to get pushed aside in favor of player choices. I definitely did a double-take when Blizzard decided suddenly that Night Elves could be mages. I can see a Sith Pureblood making the decision to turn from the dark side. I can see Chiss being force sensitive. The problem is when you see LOTS of them all together. But in general I kind of try to ignore things like that when I'm walking around on the fleet and pretend my own character's stories exist in a vacuum. Now if you're in a RP circle, they generally have rules and limitations to what you can do within a group.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Stradlin
12.04.2012 , 06:16 PM | #12
*Shrug* Jedi Knight storyline alone has an occasional example of Chiss/Sith Pureblood joining pubbies for one reason or another.

It is a Galaxy where completely blind people have no problem whatsoever to fight and move about since they " can sense everything through the force" With that in mind, every combination makes sense because Space Magic.

Stoofa
12.05.2012 , 06:12 AM | #13
With reference to the Sith Pureblood Jedi.
I don't actually have an issue with this, as long as the numbers stay low. I was worried when it was first announced that reaching 50 would unlock the race for all classes. I honestly expect everyone to have a Sith Jedi. What I'm pleased to see is that there don't appear to be that many.

I saw a Miraluka Bounty Hunter yesterday and even that seemed to work. So they "see with the force" but it doesn't mean they would follow the path of being a force user.

As long as the "at a stretch" combinations remain quite rare I'm happy to see all the differences. The main reason for my initial post was to see if there was any combination that could not possibly happen - so if any of the races weren't force sensitive, yet could be Jedi/Sith etc.
But it would appear that although some combinations are a "stretch" there is nothing that simply could not happen.

gpgtx
12.05.2012 , 02:40 PM | #14
also remember not all force sensitives are powerful some can just do party tricks or heal you with jedi power

so i can see them not becoming a full jedi or sith there affinity is just not as strong as others of there species

ckoneful
12.06.2012 , 04:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
also remember not all force sensitives are powerful some can just do party tricks or heal you with jedi power

so i can see them not becoming a full jedi or sith there affinity is just not as strong as others of there species
Oh Guss, I will never forget thee.

Guss is what Jar Jar SHOULD HAVE BEEN.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

psandak
12.06.2012 , 04:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
But as far as I can tell there is no combination which is actually a definite no. Am I right in that assumption/statement?

Ta
You are correct, there is no combination that is, by lore, impossible.

It boils down to likelihoods. Like Warren-Stride showed, there are certain race/class combinations that just do not make a lot of sense.

I play Dungeons and Dragons tabletop RPG, and in those rules it says that any race can play any class. However, in each class description there is a section about what races are more likely to be said class. The same thing can be said of the star wars universe: all races can be all classes, but each race has its leanings.