Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira got lazy or mad at me after 1.5

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira got lazy or mad at me after 1.5

MilesTeg_cy
12.03.2012 , 05:13 AM | #1
Hi everyone,

My companion Kira has some behavioral issues lately. I guess she doesn't like me anymore no matter I tried.
She stays behind, very far away from me. Also she takes her time join the battle. Even after joining she is so slow to attack the enemy. Most of the time feals like I play solo. I tired to talk to her and she always responds the same, refusing to tell the real reason why she is so distant to me lately

Anyone having the same problem?
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

-Holmes
12.03.2012 , 05:17 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
Hi everyone,

My companion Kira has some behavioral issues lately. I guess she doesn't like me anymore no matter I tried.
She stays behind, very far away from me. Also she takes her time join the battle. Even after joining she is so slow to attack the enemy. Most of the time feals like I play solo. I tired to talk to her and she always responds the same, refusing to tell the real reason why she is so distant to me lately

Anyone having the same problem?
Try turning all her skills off, then back on.
What's star wars?

Belly
12.03.2012 , 05:21 AM | #3
Perhaps you've forgotten her birthday?

I usually run with my bro Scourge and yeah it does seem like the companions don't jump in right off. Ordering them to go first usually helps, but maybe there was some kind of change.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

MilesTeg_cy
12.03.2012 , 08:56 AM | #4
@-Holmes, I'll try that, thanks.

@Belly, this must be the cause I still forget my wife's birthday :P
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Sentinel-Jordal
12.03.2012 , 10:28 AM | #5
You must have forgotten to celebrate something importent in her life, like her birthday, the day she was able to run away from the siths etc
But yes I have also had some issues with Kira after 1.5. She's sometime slow to join the battle or she joins other players battle if we run through some players fighting mobs. The funniest moment with this issue was at Black Hole when a droid attacked when I was driving my speeder. I didn't want to fight it so I drove away. Then after i unmounted my speeder Kira started to run after the droid No matter what i tried, switching her out and back in again, fighting other mobs etc she wouldn't live that poor droid alive...
It looks like Kira is falling to the dark side and dosen't want to have a jedi as her master anymore...
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

MilesTeg_cy
12.04.2012 , 03:51 AM | #6
This!

I couldn't try -Holmes's suggestion yet but it happens just as you describe it. She must be on her period or something I guess the development team has implemented a new AI for Kira. This got her as close to a real woman as she can be

Anyway if this won't be fixed anytime soon, I'll switch my favorite companion. She is useless like that.

Pilgrim_Grey
12.04.2012 , 03:17 PM | #7
This isn't matching up with my experience. I'm in my 20s, and Kira generally force leaps in right after me. There was one time where she hung back last night, but I think that was more from me force leaping down a fairly high ledge to an enemy down below. Not sure how to explain the difference. But yes, you could always be more proactive with telling your companion what to do as well. I know I generally don't worry about it much on my Guardian, but I do send Corso in first for my Gunslinger, and it takes the action bar to do that.

CondemnedMarine
12.04.2012 , 03:21 PM | #8
I've had the same problem with Kaliyo on my sniper. I generally start off fights with ambush, but she won't attack until I either take damage, or use a non channeled attack. No problems with any other companions though.

MilesTeg_cy
12.05.2012 , 03:28 AM | #9
Now this is getting interesting. Other classes are getting in to the same problem as I see.

Friends, does that start to happen after the last update or was it always like that for you? Cos my companion problem started after the last update.

Ofcourse I can command her to leap before me, that is not a problem. My problem is that, I didn't have to do that earlier. She was acting as it should be. There is a difference now and I just wondered why. Not a big deal but this difference indicates a code change for the companion AI.

TheTitan_KoS
12.06.2012 , 11:12 AM | #10
I have similar problems with Doc it hapens mostly when i go out of his range but he still has a mob to attack he'll stand still shooting normal attack instead of making 2 steps to heal me only way for me to get him to heal me is to move in his range. I had to learn not to leap to mobs but to run to them instead and start fights when i'll be in his range all the time.

I also notice some delays when using Scourge i have to send him first or he'll wait for ages to pull aggro.

They somehow changed the companion AI recently ( not sure if it was in 1.5 or one of the weekly patches before it/after it) but all of those that I use on regular basis seem a bit dumber lately.