Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can we have the Dread Masters alive in the end?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Can we have the Dread Masters alive in the end?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.01.2012 , 11:41 AM | #1
At least let a few of them survive and rejoin the Empire, or transfer their power to other Sith to make new Dread Masters, the Empire already lost too much.

drfumblez's Avatar


drfumblez
12.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #2
While I'd prefer it if the Empire stopped shooting itself in the foot so much, The Dread Masters should be gone.

Perhaps there's this great big, "Hey, maybe we should focus all of our efforts on the Republic, instead of each other!" that the Sith go through? I know, I know, long shot, but there it is.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.01.2012 , 01:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
While I'd prefer it if the Empire stopped shooting itself in the foot so much, The Dread Masters should be gone.

Perhaps there's this great big, "Hey, maybe we should focus all of our efforts on the Republic, instead of each other!" that the Sith go through? I know, I know, long shot, but there it is.
To be honest, i think this is what chapter 4 will be doing.

I havnt got a Bh or a IA 50 but
Spoiler
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Murillio's Avatar


Murillio
12.01.2012 , 01:49 PM | #4
My guess is that we're going to have something where the republic/empire beat the dread masters, but they temporarily escape. As they're running away, they run into......... THE EMPEROR!! Who then proceeds to kill them and take all their power for himself, or remolds them into mindless slaves or something to that effect, which I think would be a good segway to lead into chapter 4 i.e. the emperor returns

EDIT: As to why the emperor does this, namely because the Dread Masters were idiots who, instead of trying to help his crumbling empire, went ahead and formed their own faction assuming he was dead. Which would, of course, probably piss the Emperor off somewhat

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.01.2012 , 06:22 PM | #5
empire really hasn't lost all that much a lot of dark council sure but theres always some one waiting to replace those as far as we know we haven;t even lost a planet since balmorra. the empire is losing that is clear but i don;t understand where all this the empire has lost soo much attitude is coming from.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.01.2012 , 06:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
empire really hasn't lost all that much a lot of dark council sure but theres always some one waiting to replace those as far as we know we haven;t even lost a planet since balmorra. the empire is losing that is clear but i don;t understand where all this the empire has lost soo much attitude is coming from.
Corellia, Voss might also be in trouble because Severin's death.

And in the novel it was made clear that the Empire was in big disadvantage.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
12.01.2012 , 06:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
To be honest, i think this is what chapter 4 will be doing.

I havnt got a Bh or a IA 50 but
Spoiler
"Chapter 4: Rise of the Hutt Cartel"

Yep, seems very pro-Empire:
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 12:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Corellia, Voss might also be in trouble because Severin's death.

And in the novel it was made clear that the Empire was in big disadvantage.
corellia and especially voss were never the empires in the first place and the war pretty much wasting corellia is a solid win for the empire though a costly one. As for the novel i did say it was clear the empire was losing but 1. Novels always dramatize things, and every thing in it was basically saying we are losing until we start winning. Or in the novels owen words "unless something changes we will lose" which means as soon as something changes they will start winning. and 2. The republic lost alot while they were trying to lure the super weapon into a trap a super weapon which by the way always seemed to be in trouble in every battle it participated in. Oh and 3. The novel flat out failed to properly display the scope of each sides fighting power dumbing the numbers down by a factor of ten so why should i or any one be concerned that it displays the republic in a good light?

lokdron's Avatar


lokdron
12.02.2012 , 12:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
corellia and especially voss were never the empires in the first place and the war pretty much wasting corellia is a solid win for the empire though a costly one. As for the novel i did say it was clear the empire was losing but 1. Novels always dramatize things, and every thing in it was basically saying we are losing until we start winning. Or in the novels owen words "unless something changes we will lose" which means as soon as something changes they will start winning. and 2. The republic lost alot while they were trying to lure the super weapon into a trap a super weapon which by the way always seemed to be in trouble in every battle it participated in. Oh and 3. The novel flat out failed to properly display the scope of each sides fighting power dumbing the numbers down by a factor of ten so why should i or any one be concerned that it displays the republic in a good light?
You know the swtor encyclopedia that was released is saying the republic is doing fine and kicking *** and the empire is in chaos/fractured?
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

magicallypuzzled's Avatar


magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 01:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
You know the swtor encyclopedia that was released is saying the republic is doing fine and kicking *** and the empire is in chaos/fractured?
what part of me saying it was clear the empire was losing did you not understand? The novel could say the republic has already won if it wanted to(it didn;t not even close). It wouldn't change the game from showing something completely different. not to mention that very encyclopedia says the empires key to victory is right around the corner.

the arguement i put forward was never that the empire wasn't losing but that it hasn;t really lost all that much up to this point despite being on the losing end. it hasn' lost any world it had under it's controll that we know off or it got it back right after losing it. It has lost quite a number of dark council members which has effected it but there are lines of dark council wantabees out there, and all they need is to find the one that clicks in a particular spot to turn everything around.