Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Commando is useless at warzone pvp !!! THX TO BIOWARE

schooch
12.01.2012 , 02:19 AM | #11
CM can put up high numbers without being left alone( that is the plus thing about CM.) that being said CM does need a get out of combat ability. Plus we need our cryo grenade range back up to 30m.
Markoss-Commando medic

WooduckAUS
12.01.2012 , 03:55 AM | #12
I don't run from fights, i'm a CM.... lol. While these other AC's are running, there teamates are dying.....

No i have not healed with other classes. I've healed pretty much all pve content and hit 6-700k heals in pvp on a good match, 4-500k on a bad/average match, without pve gear. Happy with my heals, don't want to roll another toon.

All i'm saying is, CM is fun in a warzone. I don't run/hide/LOS anyone. I jump in the middle of the action, green beam and kolto anyone i can and i get good results. Not here to whine about my class, i like him the way he is. Upfront and personal!! If my guys look after me, i look after them. Even in a bad match i can put up more heals then most other healers. Occasionally, i get rolled by an amazing scoundrel....occasionally.

If the DPS Commando's are getting rolled, that is a different story.... If you don't like your dps, learn how to heal properly and come have fun with me, but don't start bagging commando heals.

klham
12.01.2012 , 11:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by WooduckAUS View Post
If my guys look after me, i look after them.
That's the crux of the matter. You have ppl peeling for you. Under those conditions CM is very effective. Commando performs well when embedded in a strong team - everyone on these threads has conceded that. Under those conditions the relative deficiencies in this AC's design are not immediately evident. But those aren't the conditions that exist in most PUGs, where the other healing ACs can at least fall back on escapes. If you heal with a sage or a scoundrel you'll see what I mean.

klham
12.01.2012 , 05:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by schooch View Post
CM can put up high numbers without being left alone( that is the plus thing about CM.) that being said CM does need a get out of combat ability. Plus we need our cryo grenade range back up to 30m.
And make the mez (Concussion Round) an instant cast, among other things.

But I don't see how a CM can put out high healing numbers if he spends half the WZ riding back on the speeder. If he's focused, he's dead unless he's rescued in short order. A CM usually can't heal through the burst of a well-played mdps if teammates aren't peeling for him since typically the only self-heals a CM can get off when under that kind of pressure is one Bacta Infusion, one or two Kolto Bombs, and an AMP if he's lucky (Trauma Probe is nearly useless under these circumstances). Occasionally there will be very optimal conditions where a CM is able to cc and/or LoS, pop supercharge cells, and fire off a succession of AMPs on himself, but that's optimal. A well-played mdps will shut down every single casted heal a CM attempts to cast on himself with a combination of interrupts, stuns, mezs, and knocks (the CM buff to Reactive Shield doesn't prevent the latter three). Assassins, for example, seem to have no end of these in their toolkit, and if played well an Assassin can completely shut down a Commando of any spec every time.

TheronFett
12.01.2012 , 06:25 PM | #15
While I agree that Commando needs some buffs, the class is far from useless. I rolled one a couple of weeks ago because I was looking for a challenge. I've played 7 classes to 50, and this was by far the toughest one to PvP with. This is not a good class if you are new to the game. To make it work, you need to have a lot of situational awareness, know the maps, know how to position yourself, and know the other class weaknesses.

If you're constantly finding yourself in 1vs1 situations, you're doing it wrong. This class is NOT designed to 1vs1 with any efficiency whatsoever. None. This is a support class, and you should be doing just that: support. Hang in the back and let the melee derpsmashers do their job while you burn down targets from a safe distance. Stay near LoS objects, avoid standing out in the open and making a target of yourself.

And for the love of all that is holy, don't run Gunnery spec in PvP....especially if you're on Ebon Hawk. I will seek you out and destroy you over and over just to prove how gimped that spec is for PvP. Go Assault, or go home.

schooch
12.01.2012 , 07:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
And make the mez (Concussion Round) an instant cast, among other things.

But I don't see how a CM can put out high healing numbers if he spends half the WZ riding back on the speeder. If he's focused, he's dead unless he's rescued in short order. A CM usually can't heal through the burst of a well-played mdps if teammates aren't peeling for him since typically the only self-heals a CM can get off when under that kind of pressure is one Bacta Infusion, one or two Kolto Bombs, and an AMP if he's lucky (Trauma Probe is nearly useless under these circumstances). Occasionally there will be very optimal conditions where a CM is able to cc and/or LoS, pop supercharge cells, and fire off a succession of AMPs on himself, but that's optimal. A well-played mdps will shut down every single casted heal a CM attempts to cast on himself with a combination of interrupts, stuns, mezs, and knocks (the CM buff to Reactive Shield doesn't prevent the latter three). Assassins, for example, seem to have no end of these in their toolkit, and if played well an Assassin can completely shut down a Commando of any spec every time.
http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
Markoss-Commando medic

klham
12.01.2012 , 07:35 PM | #17
Great numbers, Schooch, and surprisingly few deaths in that WZ all around for a PUG match....(?). Not sure how this discounts what I said though. CM can put out good numbers when embedded within a good group and under optimal conditions (as can Gunnery). Are you suggesting you can pull off numbers like that regularly in your typical PUG WZ while doing your Dailies and grinding for gear? If so then you're the Mozart of Combat Medics

schooch
12.01.2012 , 07:48 PM | #18
Great numbers, Schooch, and surprisingly few deaths in that WZ all around for a PUG match....(?). Not sure how this discounts what I said though. CM can put out good numbers when embedded within a good group and under optimal conditions (as can Gunnery). Are you suggesting you can pull off numbers like that regularly in your typical PUG WZ while doing your Dailies and grinding for gear? If so then you're the Mozart of Combat Medics
Not sure I would call that a good group or optimal conditions, that team was pathetic lol. yes that was a full PUG group I have never played with them before, (I am unguided.) I am fully geared so I do not do the dailies nor do I grind gear. that was above average game for me, average for a group like that would be 300-400k damage taken with 300-400k healing. I guess all I was saying is, CM can stand there and take a beating and heal through it (which no other healing class can do,) which is I why I love CM. I laugh at teams that hit me for that much but still struggle to kill me.
Markoss-Commando medic

klham
12.01.2012 , 08:23 PM | #19
Fair enough, but it would be interesting to watch. A gear disparity might account for some of this. Like I said earlier, once BI is on cooldown, and in between Kolto Bombs, that just leaves your stationary casted heals. It's not like you can green-beam yourself while LoSing (that recently added hammer shot proc to Trauma Probe is negligible). So I think it's fair to say that most Combat Medics find it difficult to stand there and cast AMP and MP on themselves when under pressure by skilled (and geared) mdps that is making full use of their interrupts, stuns, pushes, pulls, leaps, etc. There's simply too many ways to disrupt the casts and lay on the damage.

schooch
12.01.2012 , 08:31 PM | #20
It's not like you can green-beam yourself while LoSing (that recently added hammer shot proc to Trauma Probe is negligible)..
haha so true! I don't even have it traited its so useless. Their team had several geared and skilled players, not all of them but a few. We do also have tech over ride which is helpful, but as I said earlier, I too wish we had a drop combat ability like the other class so as to not be forced to stand there and take it.
Markoss-Commando medic