Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My complete swtor complaints/suggestions gathered since Beta

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
My complete swtor complaints/suggestions gathered since Beta

DarthMeridian's Avatar


DarthMeridian
01.23.2013 , 10:05 AM | #41
Bugs that i have experienced during one month of playing

1. SWTOR program crashes often, without any error message (once per three days). Sometimes, when i quit swtor correctly, it freezes, hangs - the task manager says swtor not responding.
2. Inspect function - very often happens, that i see my own gear or i see inspected player stats, but when i hover over them i see my values (crit rating...)
3. When i join ops in progress, insta-travel doesnt work, when i get to the ops by leagacy fleet ability, it says to reset my active phase (happened to me like 4times)
4. When i join ops or group, when i am in story mode area - i get stuck in mid air, mobs attacking me from melee range, but when i want to attack back it says out of range (happened to me twice)
5. Sound will just go off ( and i dont accidentaly pres ctrl+s), usually happens to me during space missions, but it happened during questing too.
6. Some flahspoints bugs, like force leaping to robot boss at esselss, droping through texture to the bottom of the platform the boss stands on. Cadenimu, jumping on descending elevator, you will fall through it to the bottom - these are like 1 year old bugs.
7. Server issues ,when lag spikes to 40k ms - thats like 40 seconds lag - *** ? I am not talking about WZs, but it mostly occures in WZs.
8. The animation of your ability is triggered, but no CD starts - no effect of the ability.
9. Lags in WZs, when you want to time your defensive CD right. Well its better to press that defensive ability 1-2 seconds earlier, because it doesnt register it on time. You can observe this when you are going to die. You are practically death, but you still appear standing for 1-2 seconds. The same thing with your companions - you need to click at least twice on a gather node to compel your companion to action.
10. Whats the rule of out of combat ? No DOTs on me, no enemy near and still waiting to go out of combat for 20 seconds ? Sometimes it will drop you out of combat, right away after u kill someone or after you run from him.
11. Switching off companions stance, when you dissmiss him or send him on mission. Sometimes mounting on a ride,when companion is active and then engaging in combat short after results in fighting alone, without your companion.
12. Random flaspoints ops bugs like KAON, raghoul boss - cannot be killed, because the barrel debuff wont apply, TFB last boss - tank touched a wall and was insta-killed...
13. In ops in progress, one of team mates left - couldnt join LFG, after two more left, suddenly i could put us in LFG.
14. Increase the volume of sound effect for whispers and finding a ops/flashpoint. What i do now, is to decrease the volume of everything except master and set FX volume to 100 and max. windows sound and volume on reproductors - still not enough. Also i noticed that, when you have swtor in backround
(with background sound on) you can only hear mail received, crew mission complete... - but no flashpoint/ops found.
15. Lightsabers doesnt sheathe properly following with annoying vibrant sound.
16. Sometimes the whole head of my character disappears.
17. Once in ops EV, the boss in lava lake, in mid phase i couldnt move or jump forward, i still could move backwards - it wasnt a connection or lag issue.
18. Companions stupid ai - breaking cc with their aoe, healing themselfs first then you...
.... I dont rememebr all of them. These are some, that comes to my mind right away.


Suggestions for improvemnet
Take the good stuff from other mmo´s - its not copycatting, when you dont have original ideas. Certainly it would make players experience better. Dont having a LFG at the start - *** ? Is that original - oh, yes - but in a bad way.
1. ready check for groups and ops
2. LFG accessible all ops at the start, not only EV and KP story mode. Interserver flashpoints, ops - sometimes its impossible to find ops in timely manner (WZs are fine)
3. You can reverse engineer whole stacks of items, but you cannot give stack of gifts to your companion. Also option to divide stack of 10 into 5x2 or 10x1 easily would be appreciated.
4. At least two sets of skill builds, with own taskbars, with own gear setups.
5. Birthright legacy items should scale with level of the wearer.
6. Make the suggested buyout price for items selling on GTN update from time to time or let it remember the last buyout price you set for that same item.
7. Allow addons, online armory....
8. When you create a new character, keep the interface settings and keybinds setting from previous one.
9. Make or upgrade current cartel item trainer to teach crew skills also.
10. The world pvp has no rewards. has no meaning.
....

MastaKorgy's Avatar


MastaKorgy
01.26.2013 , 11:10 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMeridian View Post
Bugs that i have experienced during one month of playing....
Hi, thanks for this info. Many of these bugs are only temporary but many I remember have been here since beta and I will add them to the list. I will also add your suggestions.


To bug number 5, does that mean ALL sound will go off?
To bugs number 7, 8 and 9, that is all due to lag from your side. I live in Australia and the same thing happened to me when I still played on the US servers.

To bug number 13, how many people were in your ops group before anyone left, and how many people were in your ops group before you could join the group finder again?

I think they already announced a ready check for patch 1.7 or 1.8, and I think they also announced an inventory improvement.


LAST UPDATED: (GMT 0) 6:10am; 27/1/2013
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

MastaKorgy's Avatar


MastaKorgy
01.27.2013 , 12:34 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
Last patch supposedly fixed the Section X bug, or at least it was said so, i haven't tested it out. Mmm about "sundering strike" it seems i actually was wrong, duno why but i can really remember it looking that way, but after watching some old videos, it looked the same way as it is today, seems i mixed that up with some other class avility... anyway take a look at the comment i left(#34)..
Sure, thanks.
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

DarthMeridian's Avatar


DarthMeridian
01.27.2013 , 02:38 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
To bug number 5, does that mean ALL sound will go off?
Yes, whole sound will go off - usually it goes back after i finish the space mission.

Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
To bugs number 7, 8 and 9, that is all due to lag from your side. I live in Australia and the same thing happened to me when I still played on the US servers.
I dont really think this is lag from my side, It must be from their side - i played many online games, many mmo games and i have stable internet connection with good ping - i very rarely experience latency spikes in online games. But in SWTOR its very often.
I am from Slovakia, i play on europe server Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I have stable ping around 60 ms not 2000 ms, which would explain the 2 second lag in WZs.

Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
To bug number 13, how many people were in your ops group before anyone left, and how many people were in your ops group before you could join the group finder again?
It was a full ops of 8 ppl, we were in KP sm - one left, i told ops leader to put us in LFG - he couldnt, so he promoted me to ops leader and i couldnt put us in LFG also, then another 2 ppl left and then the red text appeared "You can put your ops in LFG" or something similar, i tried it and it suddenly worked (but it was too late, ofcourse)

Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
I think they already announced a ready check for patch 1.7 or 1.8, and I think they also announced an inventory improvement.
Its too late for such small improvement. And why the hell is inspecting other ppl not working properly - if they cant do this right, i wonder, what else they cant do.

Recent patch from 23th - they did some change in Taral V; next day, we were in Taral V hard mode and we couldnt finish it, because the doors behind us and in fornt of us just locked, without possibility to open them - they supposedly fixed that in minor patch from 25th - but it shouldnt happen in a first place.
I really doubt that the same developers behind mass effect trilogy are behind this game also. I was content with other Bioware games, but this is pure nightmare.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.27.2013 , 03:39 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
Not everything should be made to bind to legacy, only substantially more than current; more specifically, lower types of gear such as Tionise, Colummi, Battlemaster etc ...

The thing with chat bubbles is that an option should be given so that anyone can toggle it on and off, that way those who don't want them, don't get them.

I moved chat bubbles to Low priority.
I don't think any set gear should be legacy.. That would also include black hole gear and all PVP gear that you use comms to get..

I really fail to see why anything should be legacy?? It just seems to promote laziness to me.. There is a reason the legacy gear so expensive.. You pay for the ability to move mods and things around.. I don't think just anything should be made legacy..

Datacrons needs to stay the way they are.. It is a part of leveling and a part of the game.. Jiust because you did it once doesn't mean all your characters should just get them without effort..

To use one of your own suggesstions.. You mentioned an achievement system?? If you do an achievement on one character, are all of your characters going to get the achievement?? Also collecting all the datacrons could also be an achievement...

You see, that is what you need to consider.. MMO's are about things to do.. Be it with one character or many.. Things that give us over all less to do is generally bad.. Especially if you want an achievement system.. I would love cheevo's in this game.. I am an old WOW player.. I hunted those things.. On all my toons.. Every toon has to do the cheevo to get it.. There shouldn't be anything that just gives something to an alt.. Be it gear or datacrons..

People are hear to play the game.. Not have it played for them.. If they they feel it is a waste of time to get all the datacrons.. Fine.. Don't... But you in no way should get all the bonus to stats unless you do... That is reserved for the people that took the time and effort to get them..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MastaKorgy's Avatar


MastaKorgy
01.27.2013 , 04:35 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I don't think any set gear should be legacy.. That would also include black hole gear and all PVP gear that you use comms to get..

I really fail to see why anything should be legacy?? It just seems to promote laziness to me.. There is a reason the legacy gear so expensive.. You pay for the ability to move mods and things around.. I don't think just anything should be made legacy..

Datacrons needs to stay the way they are.. It is a part of leveling and a part of the game.. Jiust because you did it once doesn't mean all your characters should just get them without effort..

To use one of your own suggesstions.. You mentioned an achievement system?? If you do an achievement on one character, are all of your characters going to get the achievement?? Also collecting all the datacrons could also be an achievement...

You see, that is what you need to consider.. MMO's are about things to do.. Be it with one character or many.. Things that give us over all less to do is generally bad.. Especially if you want an achievement system.. I would love cheevo's in this game.. I am an old WOW player.. I hunted those things.. On all my toons.. Every toon has to do the cheevo to get it.. There shouldn't be anything that just gives something to an alt.. Be it gear or datacrons..

People are hear to play the game.. Not have it played for them.. If they they feel it is a waste of time to get all the datacrons.. Fine.. Don't... But you in no way should get all the bonus to stats unless you do... That is reserved for the people that took the time and effort to get them..

Let us not forget that this is NOT WOW. There should be significant differences, and it will be for the better.

The reason I think gear should be legacy is simply because it can be extremely hard to get OPS/Flashpoint gear if you often struggle to find queues like myself, or when you mainly play PvP or where you mainly play and care only about 1 character. This will solve my problem as I get very rare chances of gaining gear in the first place. I know that I am by far not the only person who has this problem.
This is one reason why I have recommended that companions be completely replaceable with human players - so that gaps in OPS groups can be filled faster so that I can have a shot at getting my gear.. But, until this happens I would prefer an alternate method of getting gear for my alts on a significantly more reliable basis.

I have been everywhere and done almost everything since the game was in beta. I no longer find it fun to get datacrons for my alternate toons, it is extremely time consuming and it holds very small rewards. And as such Id rather log on to play another game than to go through the lengthy effort of getting the same datarons again. That is why I suggested through an unlock that datacrons should become a server wide unlock for your toons. When the game becomes daunting and boring because you have done everything, that is when the game needs to play for you imo.

Achievements can be anything, if there was an achievement system, then I would of made an achievement where you have to personally collect the datacrons on ALL caharacters to get the achievement, not just one.

The major difference between other MMOS and SWTOR is that SWTOR has got a significantly larger single player aspect, and so more has to be done to meet single player expectations.
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.27.2013 , 06:23 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by MastaKorgy View Post
Let us not forget that this is NOT WOW. There should be significant differences, and it will be for the better.

The reason I think gear should be legacy is simply because it can be extremely hard to get OPS/Flashpoint gear if you often struggle to find queues like myself, or when you mainly play PvP or where you mainly play and care only about 1 character. This will solve my problem as I get very rare chances of gaining gear in the first place. I know that I am by far not the only person who has this problem.
This is one reason why I have recommended that companions be completely replaceable with human players - so that gaps in OPS groups can be filled faster so that I can have a shot at getting my gear.. But, until this happens I would prefer an alternate method of getting gear for my alts on a significantly more reliable basis.

I have been everywhere and done almost everything since the game was in beta. I no longer find it fun to get datacrons for my alternate toons, it is extremely time consuming and it holds very small rewards. And as such Id rather log on to play another game than to go through the lengthy effort of getting the same datarons again. That is why I suggested through an unlock that datacrons should become a server wide unlock for your toons. When the game becomes daunting and boring because you have done everything, that is when the game needs to play for you imo.

Achievements can be anything, if there was an achievement system, then I would of made an achievement where you have to personally collect the datacrons on ALL caharacters to get the achievement, not just one.

The major difference between other MMOS and SWTOR is that SWTOR has got a significantly larger single player aspect, and so more has to be done to meet single player expectations.
But see you just talked yourself out if.. You don't need legacy gear to get PVP gear.. If you do then you are just passing it from one character to another which exactly why we don't need legacy gear.. Again, being legacy isn't going to help you find a group.. So again, you want to pass it to another character because you don't want to earn it on the toon that needs it.. How does your other character find groups?? I thought finding a group was hard?? How is legacy gear going to fix this?? Like I said.. You just don't want to do the work on the your other character so you are demanding an easy way out.. Easy mode does not belong in an MMO.. Making things to easy is what kills many MMO's..

The 'This isn't WOW.' excuse is as lame as they come.. Many of the things you are asking for are from WOW.. There is simply no good reason to make all gear or set gear legacy... There simply isn't..

Allowing companions to truely take the place of a person enable the complaint you are making at the end.. Let's make it have a much larger single player aspect.. I thought we were trying to fix this and not make it worse.. It seems to me that you want to play an single player game and this game has to much of an MMO aspect for you.. So you are doing all you can to eliminate the need for other players.. Not to mention the need to quest, run pvp and run ops..

If you don't want to get the datacrons.. Fine don't... But that in no way should entitle you to just be given their bonus.. I worked for them.. I earned them.. On all of my characters.. Nobody should get them for free.. You could get on the internet and just hunt down the ones that actually help yout character.. That makes the job much easier and much faster..

The games becomes daunting?? Really?? Why?? Why on earth are you playing an MMO then?? I also have been playing this game since closed beta.. Notice the my sig.. The game is very much modeled and based on WOW.. So the comparison is very valid..

This is an MMO.. Not a single player game.. Anything that cuts out the group aspect of this game probably shouldn't be implemented as it go against the very point of this game.. Being an MMO..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
01.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnyMessaround View Post
Whoa whoa whoa now. Are you saying that a game set in a fictional universe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away is too UNrealistic?

You're absolutely right. What I want is to be reminded of the doldrums of everyday life while I play an escapist fantasy.
Man, I can't believe someone always says stuff like that. No point in explaining it another time though. Are you actually saying that as a joke?
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

JaceMatai's Avatar


JaceMatai
01.27.2013 , 07:36 PM | #49
In regards to the Twilek Lekku...


The Lekku should be pushed up over the chest when a hooded robe is equipped, rather than the Lekku being down the Twilek's way of the hood. It's just a suggestion but I'd never seen it before

Anyways I like your ideas.

Bioware, I urge you to take these into consideration.

MastaKorgy's Avatar


MastaKorgy
01.28.2013 , 03:41 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
But see you just talked yourself out if.. You don't need legacy gear to get PVP gear.. If you do then you are just passing it from one character to another which exactly why we don't need legacy gear.. Again, being legacy isn't going to help you find a group.. So again, you want to pass it to another character because you don't want to earn it on the toon that needs it.. How does your other character find groups?? I thought finding a group was hard?? How is legacy gear going to fix this?? Like I said.. You just don't want to do the work on the your other character so you are demanding an easy way out.. Easy mode does not belong in an MMO.. Making things to easy is what kills many MMO's..

The 'This isn't WOW.' excuse is as lame as they come.. Many of the things you are asking for are from WOW.. There is simply no good reason to make all gear or set gear legacy... There simply isn't..

Allowing companions to truely take the place of a person enable the complaint you are making at the end.. Let's make it have a much larger single player aspect.. I thought we were trying to fix this and not make it worse.. It seems to me that you want to play an single player game and this game has to much of an MMO aspect for you.. So you are doing all you can to eliminate the need for other players.. Not to mention the need to quest, run pvp and run ops..

If you don't want to get the datacrons.. Fine don't... But that in no way should entitle you to just be given their bonus.. I worked for them.. I earned them.. On all of my characters.. Nobody should get them for free.. You could get on the internet and just hunt down the ones that actually help yout character.. That makes the job much easier and much faster..

The games becomes daunting?? Really?? Why?? Why on earth are you playing an MMO then?? I also have been playing this game since closed beta.. Notice the my sig.. The game is very much modeled and based on WOW.. So the comparison is very valid..

This is an MMO.. Not a single player game.. Anything that cuts out the group aspect of this game probably shouldn't be implemented as it go against the very point of this game.. Being an MMO..
I don't mean to be rude, but not only are you not making sense, while contradicting yourself, but you also appear to be unreasonably biased towards principles specific to WoW. For this reason I would ask that refrain from continuing this conversation because it will go nowhere.
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞