Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My complete swtor complaints/suggestions gathered since Beta

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
My complete swtor complaints/suggestions gathered since Beta

JediMB
11.29.2012 , 10:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnyMessaround View Post
Whoa whoa whoa now. Are you saying that a game set in a fictional universe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away is too UNrealistic?

You're absolutely right. What I want is to be reminded of the doldrums of everyday life while I play an escapist fantasy.
What OP means, obviously, is that there are too many immersion-breaking moments in the game.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

MastaKorgy
12.01.2012 , 10:43 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JefferyClark View Post
Jedi Knight big butts? Been an issue since beta.
that has been fixed; hasn't it?
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

althene
12.01.2012 , 11:58 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnyMessaround View Post
Whoa whoa whoa now. Are you saying that a game set in a fictional universe a long time ago in a galaxy far far away is too UNrealistic?

You're absolutely right. What I want is to be reminded of the doldrums of everyday life while I play an escapist fantasy.
I gotta admit... I chubbed a bit when I read "escapist fantasy"...

But I wasn't thinking about star wars...

More to the point of the thread, I thought shield chance was negated by crit, not surge. Surge just increases the damage on a crit.

I agree that crit shouldn't push shields off the table (and to a greater extent, tanks should be able to mitigate more types of damage with their defenses), but let's get the problem diagnosed correctly first.

MastaKorgy
12.02.2012 , 12:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
I gotta admit... I chubbed a bit when I read "escapist fantasy"...

But I wasn't thinking about star wars...

More to the point of the thread, I thought shield chance was negated by crit, not surge. Surge just increases the damage on a crit.

I agree that crit shouldn't push shields off the table (and to a greater extent, tanks should be able to mitigate more types of damage with their defenses), but let's get the problem diagnosed correctly first.
Thanks for the info, I will edit it now.

MajikMyst
12.02.2012 , 08:30 AM | #15
No.. Everything should not be made legacy bound.. The game is easy enough as it is.. Do we really only have to do things once on one character and then just give it to another??

It is fine the way it is now.. Just leave it be...

Only about 20 to 30% of the people want chat bubbles.. There is a reason it isn't added yet.. It also caused massive graphic performance issues in the beta.. Not sure if that has been fixed..

Other than that.. Not a bad list..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

MastaKorgy
12.02.2012 , 08:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
No.. Everything should not be made legacy bound.. The game is easy enough as it is.. Do we really only have to do things once on one character and then just give it to another??

It is fine the way it is now.. Just leave it be...

Only about 20 to 30% of the people want chat bubbles.. There is a reason it isn't added yet.. It also caused massive graphic performance issues in the beta.. Not sure if that has been fixed..

Other than that.. Not a bad list..
Not everything should be made to bind to legacy, only substantially more than current; more specifically, lower types of gear such as Tionise, Colummi, Battlemaster etc ...

The thing with chat bubbles is that an option should be given so that anyone can toggle it on and off, that way those who don't want them, don't get them.

I moved chat bubbles to Low priority.

MastaKorgy
12.03.2012 , 10:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wallner View Post
Many valid points.But you could make this list much longer.

I guess you just have to focus on what makes the game enjoyable to keep playing it. For me the main reason is: It's Star Wars. If it wasn't for that though....
Yea that's true. I make this list because it would make the game much funner and thus more enjoyable to play.

oscardeleon
12.04.2012 , 03:34 PM | #18
Agree on most points.

Lightsaber on comps needs to be fixed.

I won't comment on PvP because I only do PvE.

About hangars. I think you ranked this too high. It's not that big a deal to have them labeled as they are now. It could be changed to add a bit more to the immersion, but I'd lower the priority on it.

Some things, especially higher-spec'd bind-on-pickup items should be bound to legacy. It's a shame to lose such gems just because it's for a different attribute than any that matters to your char or comps. Agreed.

Railed space? Noooo, give us the freedom to move around! More like we had way back when in X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE and all those really cool old games...only brought up-to-date on the tech.

Dual GPU..well, I don't have much use for it on my current hardware, but yeah. And 64-bit client while you're at it.

Republic Fleet, yes, needs to be more republic-y. I won't say as much as trees and stuff, but certainly lighter colors. Like they had on the briefing before the attack on the second death star on ROTJ

And yes to the lower-priority listed
[Something about duct tape and the Force here]

MastaKorgy
12.04.2012 , 10:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by oscardeleon View Post
Agree on most points.

Lightsaber on comps needs to be fixed.

I won't comment on PvP because I only do PvE.

About hangars. I think you ranked this too high. It's not that big a deal to have them labeled as they are now. It could be changed to add a bit more to the immersion, but I'd lower the priority on it.

Some things, especially higher-spec'd bind-on-pickup items should be bound to legacy. It's a shame to lose such gems just because it's for a different attribute than any that matters to your char or comps. Agreed.

Railed space? Noooo, give us the freedom to move around! More like we had way back when in X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs. TIE and all those really cool old games...only brought up-to-date on the tech.

Dual GPU..well, I don't have much use for it on my current hardware, but yeah. And 64-bit client while you're at it.

Republic Fleet, yes, needs to be more republic-y. I won't say as much as trees and stuff, but certainly lighter colors. Like they had on the briefing before the attack on the second death star on ROTJ

And yes to the lower-priority listed
Thanks, I appreciate your input; I am still considering whether or not to move the hangar piece to low priority or not because it is strangely a big annoyance factor to me lol. It is also very easy to change the names at least I think.

I updated the list a bit suggesting that the names alone should be changed, that should make it much easier.

MastaKorgy
12.09.2012 , 05:58 AM | #20
LAST UPDATED: (GMT 0) 11:48pm; 19/12/2012