Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scoundrel Healing 101

Haasth
12.26.2011 , 07:16 AM | #21
Semi on-topic, does Alacrity actually increase HoT ticks in SWTOR?
I remember stacking Haste was quite essential back on my Druid in WoW, but is it useful here at all except for casting faster?

bshenkd
12.27.2011 , 10:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Arcasiel View Post
Question about the stats, you don't recommend getting Power at all? Not Tech Power just Power.
Oh gosh no! Power is definitely a good stat. I remember reading a tip during a loading screen that says that power increases both damage and healing dealt.
Aiori on Prophecy of the Five - <Hostile Takeover>
Sawbones Scoundrel Healer
Read my guide on Sawbones healing
here!

bshenkd
12.28.2011 , 04:31 AM | #23
Just uploaded a video of my guild in a voidstar match. Hopefully this'll give you guys a feel of how I utilize my spec without the use of Diagnostic Scan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlKdLGWFWA4
here!

ulvsblak
12.29.2011 , 04:07 AM | #24
looking at the below stats:

Aim - Affects bonus ranged damage and bonus ranged crit
Cunning - Affects bonus tech damage and bonus tech crit
Endurance - Affects bonus health and health regeneration
Presence - Affects bonus healing, extra companion health and extra companion damage
Strength - Affects bonus melee damage and bonus melee crit
Willpower - Affects bonus force damage and bonus force crit
Armor - Affects Kinetic and Energy damage reduction

which are the best for a scoundrel healer?

Reading the OP, i understand that Cunning is key as healing is considered tech ability.
How about Presence? does it affect healing at all?

Kyomih
12.29.2011 , 07:26 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ulvsblak View Post
looking at the below stats:

Aim - Affects bonus ranged damage and bonus ranged crit
Cunning - Affects bonus tech damage and bonus tech crit
Endurance - Affects bonus health and health regeneration
Presence - Affects bonus healing, extra companion health and extra companion damage
Strength - Affects bonus melee damage and bonus melee crit
Willpower - Affects bonus force damage and bonus force crit
Armor - Affects Kinetic and Energy damage reduction

which are the best for a scoundrel healer?

Reading the OP, i understand that Cunning is key as healing is considered tech ability.
How about Presence? does it affect healing at all?
Afaik, presence only or mostly influences the abilities of your companions. Someone correct me if i am wrong

bshenkd
12.29.2011 , 09:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyomih View Post
Afaik, presence only or mostly influences the abilities of your companions. Someone correct me if i am wrong
Yup. Presence only increases the "combat effectiveness of your companions".

Cunning is your PRIMARY stat as it increases almost everything across the board for Smugglers AND Imperial Agents. It increases damage dealt, healing dealt, your critical chance, and a couple of other stats; whereas, lets say Aim, only increases your tech damage (or range damage, can't remember which).
here!

sentawan
12.29.2011 , 10:59 PM | #27
Couple of comments from a FP PvE'er...

I found that I had to respec to pure sawbones to do Mandalorian Raiders, in order to get slow release med-pack. I also put points in diagnostic scan's critical and patient studies at that time. Before I had points in dirty fighting in order to get dirty escape, increase crit, and increase alacrity. At level 30, I find that being pure sawbones is difficult solo but not unworkable.

I find that in Flash Points, with a good tank in the group, I can keep up SRMP*2 and keep hitting diagnostic scan to keep the tank healed for most fights. With all DS points filled, it has a 50% chance to crit (I have about 25% chance plus 24% from points) and fills up power nicely. Then I burst heal when needed and place SRMP's on other members. On long fights, which generally has low sustained damage from one mob, you cant beat the combo of SRMP*2 and DS to keep a tank healed for most of the fight.

Just my 2 cents... Have fun!

Porall
12.30.2011 , 02:51 AM | #28
Few things of note, from a 35 full sawboned spec:

For healing in flashpoints, it does help to do slow release * 2 on tanks before the fight. I use all +crit gear, plus the 2 relics which grant +crit because the reuse time on them alternate and you have one up almost every fight. Unless it's a boss fight that's about all the healing to be done, and I join the battle. Dunno if using all power would give the same effect. But it seems crits on HoT works. I'm guessing kolto cloud will work in the same fashion. Weak heals unless the tick crits.

Another way to look at emergency pack is to only use it when your target is below 30%. With emergent emergencies I just spam EP until they are safe again and I'm out of upper hand, then go back to SL or underworld med.

I have no trouble solo grinding when there's not enough time for a flashpoint. Bowdaar makes it extremely easy. If you're having any trouble use slice and tranquilizer for some cc.

For the OP, great reminder to always have pugnacity active and save keep cool for emergencies.

Has anyone found a use for kolto pack? Why cast this 0.5sec quicker and 5 energy less interruptable heal and not grant upper hand.

Overall I too love the mechanics of a healer and rogue class.

Iheamylap
12.30.2011 , 09:31 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by bshenkd View Post
Oh gosh no! Power is definitely a good stat. I remember reading a tip during a loading screen that says that power increases both damage and healing dealt.
If you look at the Character sheet, under the Tech window (or any that lists Healing), and over over it, you will see that it incorporates Power as giving a boost. It will list Power as one of the modifier stats.

Maxvla
12.31.2011 , 02:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sentawan View Post
Couple of comments from a FP PvE'er...

I found that I had to respec to pure sawbones to do Mandalorian Raiders, in order to get slow release med-pack. I also put points in diagnostic scan's critical and patient studies at that time. Before I had points in dirty fighting in order to get dirty escape, increase crit, and increase alacrity. At level 30, I find that being pure sawbones is difficult solo but not unworkable.

I find that in Flash Points, with a good tank in the group, I can keep up SRMP*2 and keep hitting diagnostic scan to keep the tank healed for most fights. With all DS points filled, it has a 50% chance to crit (I have about 25% chance plus 24% from points) and fills up power nicely. Then I burst heal when needed and place SRMP's on other members. On long fights, which generally has low sustained damage from one mob, you cant beat the combo of SRMP*2 and DS to keep a tank healed for most of the fight.

Just my 2 cents... Have fun!
Soloing as a full sawbones is the easiest leveling of this class. Use a dps pet at all times, even soloing champion mobs and 2 man heroics. Once you get Risha it's cruise control to level 50 going almost as fast as a dps spec using a tank or healing pet.