Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight vs Sith Warrior (also, is Doc really that bad?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jedi Knight vs Sith Warrior (also, is Doc really that bad?)

turtletatt
11.28.2012 , 03:08 AM | #1
Just finished leveling my SW to, well okay, 49, but I really enjoyed the Marauder play style (Carnage). Out of curiosity, which branch/spec is roughly the same play-style wise?

Also, I've heard some really negative things about Doc (from what I've read, guys seem to love him while girls have issues with his 'skeezy-ness'). Being a chick who plays female toons, and also being someone who really only ever uses healing companions (<3 Lokin and Guss), just how annoying is he? Malavai Quinn annoying? (As in, the guy constantly annoyed me so much that I had him run around in his skivvies because I figured it would embarrass him.)

Not *cough* that I get too invested in companions and, er, mentally attribute them with emotions or anything
"They say it's a perfect galaxy... a great day to be alive... dee dum dee dum dee dum."
Also, my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/dHQRjM

Ridickilis
11.28.2012 , 10:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by turtletatt View Post
Just finished leveling my SW to, well okay, 49, but I really enjoyed the Marauder play style (Carnage). Out of curiosity, which branch/spec is roughly the same play-style wise?
Combat tree is the mirror tree to Carnage, Sent is the mirror class to Mara. Playing a Combat Sent will feel exactly the same as a carnage Mara

Quote:
Also, I've heard some really negative things about Doc (from what I've read, guys seem to love him while girls have issues with his 'skeezy-ness'). Being a chick who plays female toons, and also being someone who really only ever uses healing companions (<3 Lokin and Guss), just how annoying is he? Malavai Quinn annoying? (As in, the guy constantly annoyed me so much that I had him run around in his skivvies because I figured it would embarrass him.)

Not *cough* that I get too invested in companions and, er, mentally attribute them with emotions or anything
I don't really want to say too much here or spoil anything but Doc and Quinn are for the most part have quite the opposite personalities/outlook on life in general. I can't give you too much perspective on the romance end of it because I'm a d00d and always roll male toons but I really enjoyed them both and used both extensively.

Probably not much of a spoiler but just in case, also mentioned Quinn in here as well.
Spoiler

As far as their healing goes, they are mirrors of each other in the same way that operatives and scoundrels are mirrors. That's the type of game mechanic they are both based on (as in not commando/merc heals or sage/sorc heals)

Slivovidze
11.28.2012 , 03:43 PM | #3
Spoiler

SilentKitty
11.29.2012 , 02:05 AM | #4
Different people like different things. I'm a female and really liked the romance with Doc, it was fun and entertaining. Give it a try and see what you make of it =)

Will replay it one day when I want to lvl a Guardian.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

Quething
11.30.2012 , 05:40 PM | #5
Some girls like him. I pretty much loathe him. He is, indeed, extremely skeezy. If you've played a Consular and met Theran, you've met Doc. Full of himself, player, hits repeatedly on female Knights in typical disrespectful smug dudebro fashion even when you show absolutely nothing but contempt and annoyance in return...

But yes, he is a ~hurt lonely sweetheart~ under all the jack@ss, if you consider that a legit excuse for unacceptably sexist and obnoxious behavior.

Helig
12.02.2012 , 11:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Quething View Post
Some girls like him. I pretty much loathe him. He is, indeed, extremely skeezy. If you've played a Consular and met Theran, you've met Doc. Full of himself, player, hits repeatedly on female Knights in typical disrespectful smug dudebro fashion even when you show absolutely nothing but contempt and annoyance in return...

But yes, he is a ~hurt lonely sweetheart~ under all the jack@ss, if you consider that a legit excuse for unacceptably sexist and obnoxious behavior.
Theran at least pretends to be polite and respectful.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ShadowWolf_Kell
12.04.2012 , 02:48 AM | #7
If you liked Gaius Baltar in BattleStar Galactica, you'll feel right at home with Doc.

That said, I like Doc. He's got his faults (who doesn't?) but he always manages to do the right thing when it matters the most.
Iowynn Kell
Havoc Squadron 11-11-11 Jedi Knight Guardian - Honor. Duty. Sacrifice.
"I'm Commander Shephard and 9-29-11 is my favorite news feed on the Citadel."

Helig
12.04.2012 , 09:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowWolf_Kell View Post
If you liked Gaius Baltar in BattleStar Galactica, you'll feel right at home with Doc.

That said, I like Doc. He's got his faults (who doesn't?) but he always manages to do the right thing when it matters the most.
That spineless, manipulative, cowardly, weak, hedonistic D-bag? I kinda dislike Doc because he acts like a pig, but comparing him to Baltar is a low blow...
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Icebergy
12.04.2012 , 09:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by turtletatt View Post
I've heard some really negative things about Doc (from what I've read, guys seem to love him while girls have issues with his 'skeezy-ness')
No we don't. Doc is that douchebag that is always hitting on your girlfriend and you are never really sure why you are hanging out with him.

Doc would pop his collar IRL.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Loladarulz
12.05.2012 , 02:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowWolf_Kell View Post

Is there a person in the world who likes Gaius? xD Pompous freak