Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Do you think Taris is enjoyable?

Sinapus
01.06.2013 , 09:05 PM | #41
The individual missions are pretty fun. There's just so many of them and Taris is a nightmare to navigate.
"You have no right to pass judgement on me!" "By your own actions, you appear to believe that might makes right." "I don't like where this is going." "Oh, good. I was hoping you wouldn't."
-Schlock Mercenary

lichoniespi
01.07.2013 , 01:33 PM | #42
Taris is ok, what i like is that is pleanty of sidequest and its all seems to be tightly packed, you never run long to quest or back.

Taris for me is much better than Alderaan which i remember as neverending speeder ride.

Moondragon
01.07.2013 , 05:17 PM | #43
I think the feel of Taris is perfect. It's depressing. It's "haunted". It's a "dead planet". I enjoy the creatures and the environment (sans Rakghouls). However...I would agree that I don't like the story and the layout is just...odd.

The planets story is pretty stale and dull. I don't feel compelled to "look further" into it. I just want to beat the missions and get off planet. You're trying to recover/destroy the planet (depending on faction)...but I honestly don't get that feeling. I guess some of the missions are pretty good, but generally is just...lacking.

The layout is pretty bad. It's as if they had a ton of missions setup to have you scurrying around the entire map...then cut half of it. Half-dead outposts, some not even used, random champs out in the middle of nowhere, area's that look like they MIGHT have had a mission...but there turns out to be nothing. It's all just...odd. Again, like they ripped out half the quests, but then didn't revisit and streamline the planet.

Overall, I don't mind it so much. I think the biggest problem I have with it is the same that I have with Balmorra and Corellia. All three planets are in complete open conflict and in complete violation of the Cold War peace treaty...but I just don't get that feeling. All three planets feel half empty. Half completed. Expected more.
Dai'alastar Moondragon .
Jedi Guardian
Jung Ma • Looking for Guild

theUndead
01.07.2013 , 11:30 PM | #44
I actually love Taris. I know I am one of the few but I find the planet aesthetically pleasing. But more I just like exploring it and getting lost lol. I love the quests especially the Sith Warrior quest there but planet side quests are good too. So yeah I really think Taris is enjoyable.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

dacentabaal
01.08.2013 , 07:30 PM | #45
I actually think Taris is a good halfway planet.. especialy imp side with the night cycle, and its the only planet in game that has both a night cycle and a day cycle (rep day, imp night) so yeah I find it very enjoyable :-) if you want a none enjoyable planet though.... look no further than Balmorra.. on either faction lol
Tamworth - England (I don't like or drink Tea)
The Progenitor RP English Server
CE Owner
Friend Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

ZirusZero
01.08.2013 , 07:48 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
I dont like this planet. However it has the best planet questline of them all. Only Voss comes close. Very few planets do we realy get some background story and learn more of the planet. Most times itīs just the very recent history we get to know. Itīs ok but if we only know the recent history and get allmost no background history it gets kinda shallow imo. Thatīs why i love the Taris planet questline, but i still dont like the planet Taris.
The background story is in KOTOR when you crash land there in an escape pod.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Drake_Hound
01.08.2013 , 08:17 PM | #47
No Taris makes me like bleh ... It just the atmosfeer.

the planet quest are fine infact very enjoyable , the rewards on taris especially the bonus missions , were good .
But sorry the setting feels like fantasy crap or a old sandbox mmo , where you run around totally alone ...

taris is worst then illum , atleast illum you know it is sollitude , taris is meh ...
One of the planets I just skip questing , even if the quests were good .

Kerensk
01.09.2013 , 01:35 AM | #48
I'm kind of negative about any of the planets that are faction specific. I like the feeling of being on my toes as I know I'm getting closer to enemy territory (even though I hate being ganked).
Alderaan would be my favorite if it wasn't for the never-ending speeder ride (over 2 minutes in the air). They should cut the quick travel cooldown to 10 minutes for that planet.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

Leigabar
01.09.2013 , 01:47 AM | #49
Ok, now I can add smth about Taris from imperial side. I just "fly" throu it with my Inquisitor. Most enjoable experience. Routing is much better then on Republick side in my opinion.

But now I have one more toon stucked at Belsavis - this is the planet which I simply cannot visit aspecially after I have done so many daylies at it. Please blow Belsavis to pcs.

B.R.
Leigabar

_Darkstar
01.09.2013 , 06:24 AM | #50
Taris is a big circle and you get missions sending you to both sides at the same time!
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!