Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grey. Red. Black.

thatghost
11.27.2012 , 10:48 PM | #1
This tale originally began in The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread (A Different Kind of Grace) without which it would have just stayed in my head and endlessly tormented me (I needed that prompt!). I'm going to try to further the story at least once a week but there's this pesky thing known as "real life" which tends to hamper me in every writing endeavor I undertake (addendum: I swear I'll try to lighten up a tad; so far this is grim stuff even for me, me being someone who generally writes a lot of grim stuff) (another addendum: chapters will be posted one by one in blocks of three for the time being; I'll try to keep an updated chapter+page reference below so readers- myself inclusive- don't have to hunt around)

Page 1
I: A Different Kind of Grace
II: Another Scar
III: Absence and Presence

Page 2
IV: People are Strange
V: A Night Out in the Madhouse
VI: The Nature of Chains

Page 3
VII: Looking Sideways
VIII: Unmasking
IX: Chokepoints

Page 4
X: Pale Blue
XI: Just Walk Away
XII: Gradations

Page 5
XIII: Convivial Dis-ease
XIV: All That Matters

(soooo much thanks and <3 to Hoyden for a proper index )

*****Spoilers thus far = Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent, Smuggler, Sith Inquisitor (mild)*****

I: A Different Kind of Grace

Spoiler

II: Another Scar

Spoiler

III: Absence and Presence
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler

thatghost
11.28.2012 , 07:53 AM | #2
And comments/feedback are more than welcome- sometimes new ground is tough to traverse without a compass

Magdalane
11.28.2012 , 08:01 AM | #3
I'm enjoying it very much so far, thatghost. Please continue
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

thatghost
11.28.2012 , 10:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I'm enjoying it very much so far, thatghost. Please continue
Thank you+++++, Magdalane perhaps more tonight since it's unusually calm on the domestic front...although I bet I just jinxed myself by acknowledging the peace and relative quiet

Syart
11.28.2012 , 01:23 PM | #5
This is great, I really want to read more Hope real life is kind to you.
Control, passion, diligence: these three principles shape your world.

Lord Scourge: To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity.

thatghost
11.28.2012 , 08:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Syart View Post
This is great, I really want to read more Hope real life is kind to you.
Thanks Syart (oh, and all the +'s too) may yours be kind as well. Late start to the writing this eve but hey, I got to play for more than a couple hours

iamthehoyden
11.29.2012 , 06:45 PM | #7
I really liked the first post I'd seen from this in the SFWC thread and am glad to see it continue! More Scourge is never a bad thing
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

thatghost
12.01.2012 , 02:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I really liked the first post I'd seen from this in the SFWC thread and am glad to see it continue! More Scourge is never a bad thing
I'm getting there. Tonight's was difficult but there it is above ^. More later today (since it is...good gods...almost 4 am EST).
Thank you, Hoyden (I shortened it- love "hoyden" on its own but please correct if necessary ). +++++'s.

(if I'd known what a tough er nut Scourge is to crack I would have stuck with Doc...but the challenge, ah, now, that keeps me writing )

iamthehoyden
12.01.2012 , 10:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by thatghost View Post
I'm getting there. Tonight's was difficult but there it is above ^. More later today (since it is...good gods...almost 4 am EST).
Thank you, Hoyden (I shortened it- love "hoyden" on its own but please correct if necessary ). +++++'s.

(if I'd known what a tough er nut Scourge is to crack I would have stuck with Doc...but the challenge, ah, now, that keeps me writing )
Hoyden's perfectly fine. It was already taken or it would have been what I chose

Scourge and her mother's conversation was funny - the extent of history there, the assassination attempts. And that kiss. /fans self
And I sympathize about the difficulty of writing Scourge - he's challenging. Really challenging.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

thatghost
12.01.2012 , 01:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Hoyden's perfectly fine. It was already taken or it would have been what I chose

Scourge and her mother's conversation was funny - the extent of history there, the assassination attempts. And that kiss. /fans self
And I sympathize about the difficulty of writing Scourge - he's challenging. Really challenging.
"Hoyden" it is, then *hugs for the commentary* that conversation almost didn't make it in.
Spoiler
I'm having some niggles about Mirrigan coming off as a vapid Mary Sue. She's not, but I'm afraid her confusion is manifesting that way and, if it is, I'm not sure how to turn that around but less frowning and more...Coruscant

Hideously challenging. I've been avoiding what I know are beautifully-written Scourge stories, here in this forum. It's inspiring to read others' work but in this case I'm worried that certain facets I see in him might be compromised by different viewpoints. That's a worry I haven't had about anything else I've written- ever- both fanfic and just plain fiction. It's weird. I do admit that I've glanced at Kabe's art from time to time, though