Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still broken Bioware.

Vandicus
11.27.2012 , 03:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post

I want Bioware to see this I want them to see that we as a playerbase are upset that they just ignore us.

I know I am about to get alot of flak, but I want them to wait on the new pvp warzone and do a round or two or how ever many is needed to fix the problems they have out that have been around unfixed for so long.
Your OP acknowledges that their team has already reached out to the player base to try to get information useful for narrowing down possible sources of crashes. Obviously they're not ignoring the player base.

Delaying the new warzone won't do a whole lot with regards the bug fixes(unless you're talking about fixing bugs related to the warzone and its introduction).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

GillianS
11.27.2012 , 03:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgalica View Post
And to be truthful after 1.4 I've been running alot smoother and overall better except for the random crashes to desktop. The only work around I've found for this is to shut down the game before I do anything major, like op's or flashpoints. That usually makes it so I don't crash during those times ( usually not always). Most of the problems happen during quest turn in's or while loading a new planet // entering or leaving my ship.
it is a memory leak, a large one, the game crashes at a certain point when new or malloc fails and theres no exception handling done, on 32bit systems this normaly happens at 2GB, on x64 this seems to be less of an issue and the garbage collector is able to cope better although lots of stuttering and micro freezes start happening and eventualy given enough time the game does crash

sad thing is they probly dont employ anyone capable of fixing it

MiraniSedai
11.27.2012 , 04:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Sounds like I should look for something between the Radeon HD 3400 and the HD 6800 then. Cool.

EDIT: Best Buy has 1G MSI Radeon HD 6850's for around $150.00 Just might pull the trigger.
I am running a 2 year old Radeon HD 5850 (1 gig card)

With HIgh graphics settings I have very little lag either here or LOTRO or even in 25 man WoW raids.

Hope that helps a bit

Morgalica
11.27.2012 , 04:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by GillianS View Post
it is a memory leak, a large one, the game crashes at a certain point when new or malloc fails and theres no exception handling done, on 32bit systems this normaly happens at 2GB, on x64 this seems to be less of an issue and the garbage collector is able to cope better although lots of stuttering and micro freezes start happening and eventualy given enough time the game does crash

sad thing is they probly dont employ anyone capable of fixing it
But here's the kicker this used to happen up until 1.2 some how they fixed it after 1.2. I have no clue when it comes to programing but they had it fixed before, well maybe not the leak itself but the game didn't crash randomly or as often as it is now.

I have no idea the nightmare the programers are going through with all the "Get this out now!" and the "You need to fix this, but make this over here work as well!" or what have you. But I am sure those guys and gals started with hair and most I'd wager are balding or bald by now.
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan
Peace is merely a farce put forth by those too weak to fight.

Morgalica
11.28.2012 , 12:40 AM | #25
Well as much as I highly doubt it, servers are going down tonight and we might see a fix...
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan

Morgalica
11.29.2012 , 06:33 AM | #26
Hmmm well companions are fixed.... but still not the random crash to desktop, 14 of them yesterday alone.....
- Ronald Reagan

Morgalica
12.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #27
Any word bioware?
When will you guys fix this?
- Ronald Reagan

RazielHex
12.08.2012 , 05:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by morgalica View Post
any 32 bit compute
Why do you have one of these?!

Do you not realize what a gift ASLR is!?

Do you *want* to be a zombie?

Master-Nala
12.08.2012 , 06:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Amazing how many expect Twitter-quick resolution without considering the complexity of the issue. I'm on an old pos Dell XPS720 WInTel XP SP3 system with 4G of RAM (1G dedicated to the OS - so 3G operating.) I've had TOR crash problems since I "upgraded" to NVidia's 306.23-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe graphics driver. I tried downgrading to the previous 285.58-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe driver but it didn't help.

Which probably means that game developers industry-wide made NVidia-recommended changes to their cache systems or something to conform to NVidia's new specs because I have issues playing even SC2 and LOTRO now that I didn't have before the driver upgrade. It's a moving target that is occasionally missed.

I built a killer WinTel rig for my wife and she never crashes. Though she is now experiencing undo lag issues with the new NVidia driver, and not just when she plays TOR either. Just wondering if AMD/ATI users are experiencing this same issue?
I use an AMD Radeon 5850 , no issues with this game.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun, Alan, Ztephanie

Morgalica
12.08.2012 , 06:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielHex View Post
Why do you have one of these?!

Do you not realize what a gift ASLR is!?

Do you *want* to be a zombie?
Check out their min spec's req'd

My rig fits all of them and I am not expecting to run in super high mode, just want the game to stop crashing every 10-45 mins. And since this just started again with 1.4 (used to happen with 1.1 until 1.2) it is on their end not mine.

As for why? simple I am a working class man most all of my cash goes to bills paying for things my two kids need and saving for their education. My gaming needs on usually last on that list.
- Ronald Reagan