Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Transfer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rozencrucian
01.15.2013 , 11:34 AM | #11
I agree with everyone. I deployed to Afghanistan and the one or two times I've been on in this year my guild has just... disappeared. and with all the server merges i literally don't know anyone. I want to be able to play with people i know, military buddies and the like. Its so frustrating that other MMO's that are Standard with transfers, and this one is just lacking. I mean how hard is it? Free Transfers already worked, so why not just add the paid. I would pay double the amount to move my characters RIGHT now. especially since i don't want to start ALL over, not just that leveling, creds, pvp that's easy. What i really want is to keep the items that are no longer obtainable. Especially my BM gear for my sage, its just the coolest armor ever. Please BW DEVS do something about this, stop delaying for people who have been waiting. I really really really don't want to lose SWTOR, but if i gotta i guess there's like 4 new MMO's out i can try. I know im not the only one who is thinking of quitting entirely because of this.
Quote:
Blade with whom i have lived, blade with whom I now die, serve right and justice one last time, seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain, cut well old friend and then... Farewell

DarthHappyPants
01.16.2013 , 09:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rozencrucian View Post
I agree with everyone. I deployed to Afghanistan and the one or two times I've been on in this year my guild has just... disappeared. and with all the server merges i literally don't know anyone. I want to be able to play with people i know, military buddies and the like. Its so frustrating that other MMO's that are Standard with transfers, and this one is just lacking. I mean how hard is it? Free Transfers already worked, so why not just add the paid. I would pay double the amount to move my characters RIGHT now. especially since i don't want to start ALL over, not just that leveling, creds, pvp that's easy. What i really want is to keep the items that are no longer obtainable. Especially my BM gear for my sage, its just the coolest armor ever. Please BW DEVS do something about this, stop delaying for people who have been waiting. I really really really don't want to lose SWTOR, but if i gotta i guess there's like 4 new MMO's out i can try. I know im not the only one who is thinking of quitting entirely because of this.
I know I am thinking of quitting

DFade
01.16.2013 , 10:40 AM | #13
Im close to full with all the ******** BW gives us.
We didnt have anything to say about the transfer and they have stated that trasnfer will get a little delay cause of F2P.
A LITTLE DELAY... Its all about Cartel Market now. Even the patch fixes is about CM.
If I dont see a transfer soon, they can kiss my behind.

DeludedAussie
01.16.2013 , 12:36 PM | #14
/signed.

Rift, A game that didnt have nowhere near the same budget this game had, had a free server transfer system implemented in the 2nd month of it going live... its now been just over a year, and like others have said, we already know you have a system that works just fine. Also, since this game is now simply a cash grab (thanks to EA entirely, I know their 'Milk it for everything its got' philosophy) we also know it will be a paid service. I just dont understand whats taking so long... you've got a system that works, you know there are thousands of players who want it. Show us you actually care and just implement it already.

laslaya
02.20.2013 , 05:07 AM | #15
I'm at a loss as to why Bioware doesn't implement paid transfers, character looks reselection, etc. This is MASSIVE money which Blizzard reaps by the millions! I'd love to move my 50 to a less crowded server, but nah, he sits on Harbinger.

chaseer
02.20.2013 , 06:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings CJUK,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we still don't have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Will our Patience is about worn out 1 year ago we asked for this service you forced moved us not once but twice.
Now is the time to enable a transfer to a server of our choosing not yours. But alas I probablly wasted my time writting this since you allready replied and cant be botherd to listen to your customers.

magecutter
02.20.2013 , 09:13 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
This advice hasn't been working for me. Can I have some different advice?

I just dumped the crumbs out of a 1 lb pretzel bag into my mouth. The amount of salt was revolting and I'm still sick from it. You know what? That was more enjoyable than waiting for character transfers.
if nothing else you made me laugh, so thank you for that. (hope ya don't mind the edit on your post).

and I have to agree with your very valid point. it is ridiculous how long these transfers have been taking. we all have the need to consolidate our chars on one server and or legacy and the canned response/advice has worn very thin at this point.

still love the game and am gonna keep playing but, wth bw, plz get this done!

DJB_Prophet
02.24.2013 , 02:43 PM | #18
I was hoping I'd missed news of this services' progress, apparently not however.

Rodabon
03.24.2013 , 08:42 PM | #19
I quit playing 6 months ago due to no transfer option. I have characters spread across 3 -4 different servers for varying reasons. I want to play with friends on a server with the characters I've already invested time in instead of rerolling new ones.

Wolvereen
03.25.2013 , 01:05 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings CJUK,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we still don't have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Where's the problem, EA/BW?

You did servertransfer last summer so it's no technical problem^^

the problem is that EA/BW don't stop firing people and now you don't have enough "ressources" to assign some ppl to do (even paid) servertransfers!

shame on you EA/BW

W