Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Paid Character Transfer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CJUK's Avatar


CJUK
11.26.2012 , 03:55 AM | #1
When BW/ "WHEN"???
the people of TOR want ANSWER!

Bronholz's Avatar


Bronholz
11.26.2012 , 04:23 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings CJUK,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we still don't have a time frame for when this service will be available.

Sr. Producer Blaine Christine had this to say in response to a question regarding when transfers would become available:
Quote:
As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I donít have a more concrete date just yet!
We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Ė Forum Support

NastyPope's Avatar


NastyPope
12.30.2012 , 02:26 PM | #3
Yeah... Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of the next patch. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of the expansion. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of someone having to go get a mani/pedi. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of a phone call from someone's grandmother, who can't remember how to turn her computer on.

I'm pretty sure most of us who've been waiting for this, have been waiting for it since LONG BEFORE there was a plan to go free-to-play. Besides the beta, I believe I started playing the actual release in late January or sometime in February, and before long, I was on a dead server - which I'm sure is a very familiar story to EVERYONE ELSE WHO'S BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, so I re-rolled on a server that actually had a population. Now, I've got a character (and over 600K credits) that I have no real interest in playing right now, because he's not part of my legacy. We KNOW that there's a system in place for character transfers, and we KNOW that it works, so really, how friggin' hard is it to get it up and running before something that wasn't even TALKED ABOUT YET when we first started asking for a character transfer system?!?

MadBernieSkills's Avatar


MadBernieSkills
01.02.2013 , 08:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings CJUK,

We would advise regularly checking www.swtor.com for any updates on this service.

Thanks for your patience.
This advice hasn't been working for me. Can I have some different advice? Checking an unchanging website is rather boring. Waiting patiently isn't good advice either, I've been waiting more than half of a year.

I would like to give you (the royal you) some advice now.

Get it done!!!! We are tired of waiting. I just dumped the crumbs out of a 1 lb pretzel bag into my mouth. The amount of salt was revolting and I'm still sick from it. You know what? That was more enjoyable than waiting for character transfers. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I could transfer my characters.

None of this post was untrue or exaggerated.

xeraphyne's Avatar


xeraphyne
01.02.2013 , 09:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NastyPope View Post
Yeah... Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of the next patch. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of the expansion. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of someone having to go get a mani/pedi. Then it'll get delayed due to the importance of a phone call from someone's grandmother, who can't remember how to turn her computer on.

I'm pretty sure most of us who've been waiting for this, have been waiting for it since LONG BEFORE there was a plan to go free-to-play. Besides the beta, I believe I started playing the actual release in late January or sometime in February, and before long, I was on a dead server - which I'm sure is a very familiar story to EVERYONE ELSE WHO'S BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, so I re-rolled on a server that actually had a population. Now, I've got a character (and over 600K credits) that I have no real interest in playing right now, because he's not part of my legacy. We KNOW that there's a system in place for character transfers, and we KNOW that it works, so really, how friggin' hard is it to get it up and running before something that wasn't even TALKED ABOUT YET when we first started asking for a character transfer system?!?
I completely feel your pain! When I started playing was on a PVP server with a guild I was with from SWG. however, they pretty much stopped playing, so I rolled on a PVE server with some other friends. Well now I have a 50 legacy on the PVE server and 2 - level 50s with tons of credits sitting on the PVP server that I don't wanna play on because I don't know anyone there anymore and I don't have the legacy unlocks etc on that server. I'd love to consolidate like you wouldn't believe. It's gotten to the point that I've considered just rerolling the toons on the PVE server, but God help me I really don't deep down wanna go through all that again.

constiane's Avatar


constiane
01.02.2013 , 01:00 PM | #6
im in the same boat. i played a 50 bh on one server and played a 50 sith inq with my friend on the same server we just casually leveled. MY 50bh i raided with and then guild fell apart so i rolled a 50 imp agent on another server to play with old WoW friends. THen i got burnt fromt the game leveling 3 level 50s in a few months. So now after like 7-8 months off im back. i was hoping consolidation would of put them all on the same server. Guess what they didnt. I want the legacy orbital strike unlock for my bh and republic classes im playing plus buffing 3 buffs not 2. THis service wasnt available when i played and its not available now.

Seriously BW you need to make this a priority once and for all and allow us to move our characters around where we want. I will pay for this service if thats what it takes but seriously lets get it done



Imperial collectors edition

MadBernieSkills's Avatar


MadBernieSkills
01.02.2013 , 01:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by constiane View Post
im in the same boat. i played a 50 bh on one server and played a 50 sith inq with my friend on the same server we just casually leveled. MY 50bh i raided with and then guild fell apart so i rolled a 50 imp agent on another server to play with old WoW friends. THen i got burnt fromt the game leveling 3 level 50s in a few months. So now after like 7-8 months off im back. i was hoping consolidation would of put them all on the same server. Guess what they didnt. I want the legacy orbital strike unlock for my bh and republic classes im playing plus buffing 3 buffs not 2. THis service wasnt available when i played and its not available now.

Seriously BW you need to make this a priority once and for all and allow us to move our characters around where we want. I will pay for this service if thats what it takes but seriously lets get it done
This is the same problem we are all having. I have 5 50's on 3 different servers. Each time it's because my friends quit playing. I find out that different friends are playing on different servers and I create a new character to play with them. Each time leaving my other characters untouched. Then they quit and I find more. The end result is 3 servers, I only play on one.
I think this is Bioware's strategy. Not give us transfers. Then if we wait long enough, we'll just start a new character again. Then it will take a month or two to level it up. That is another month or two of revenue for them.

SecretScientist's Avatar


SecretScientist
01.02.2013 , 02:25 PM | #8
I might've thought F2P would actually accelerate, not inhibit, the roll out of transfers, character renames, legacy renames and appearance change options. These are great merchandise items for the Cartel Shop.

I know I'd spring for 3 character transfers and at least 1-2 renames on my current server. Life day props... not so much.

MadBernieSkills's Avatar


MadBernieSkills
01.02.2013 , 02:52 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SecretScientist View Post
I might've thought F2P would actually accelerate, not inhibit, the roll out of transfers, character renames, legacy renames and appearance change options. These are great merchandise items for the Cartel Shop.

I know I'd spring for 3 character transfers and at least 1-2 renames on my current server. Life day props... not so much.
100% agree

SinikalMunkey's Avatar


SinikalMunkey
01.02.2013 , 07:25 PM | #10
I hope they decide to make legacies account wide. I'm not paying twice for legacy unlocks I've already paid for with cash.