Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

magicallypuzzled
11.28.2012 , 12:30 AM | #21
1. I would of liked to have the choice of picking either kaal or corrin as your apprentice with other one dying. xalek seemed particulary forced as my sith inquisitor is both mostly light side alignment as wall as a believer in following the sith code. i was as determinded as harkon to have him killed for such a blazen murder. his conversations seem weak he doesn;t seem to fit in even if your darkside, though i will say he isn;t as bad as jaesa willsaam who is either a zombie crying for blood or a lets not hurt a fly niny.

2. i'd also like to see more companion missions.

ShupFace
11.28.2012 , 02:55 AM | #22
My brother and I are playing through the SI and SW storylines together and one thing that bothers me about both storylines is the lack of pro-activeness.

The SW spends too much time being Baras' errand boy. You can treat him with utter contempt but you still run around doing his bidding until he inevitably tries to kill you and then you finally respond. Likewise the SI spends the first act doing Zash's bidding and the second and third acts responding to Thanaton's attack.

One thing I really would have liked to see is more building of your power base. The cult was a step in the right direction, but so far they haven't proved useful for much. You spend so much time doing missions that benefit the Imperial Military and various Sith Lords, why can't you win any of them over to your side?

I love the suggestion that the SI could have instigated the Kaggath (perhaps suggested by Zash) instead of simply reacting to it. Then Act 2 could have been about acquiring resources to win the fight. Similarly, if the SW wasn't so naive he could have spent Act 2 preparing to challenge Baras or at least readying himself for the inevitable betrayal.

Slowpokeking
11.28.2012 , 08:40 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ShupFace View Post
My brother and I are playing through the SI and SW storylines together and one thing that bothers me about both storylines is the lack of pro-activeness.

The SW spends too much time being Baras' errand boy. You can treat him with utter contempt but you still run around doing his bidding until he inevitably tries to kill you and then you finally respond. Likewise the SI spends the first act doing Zash's bidding and the second and third acts responding to Thanaton's attack.

One thing I really would have liked to see is more building of your power base. The cult was a step in the right direction, but so far they haven't proved useful for much. You spend so much time doing missions that benefit the Imperial Military and various Sith Lords, why can't you win any of them over to your side?

I love the suggestion that the SI could have instigated the Kaggath (perhaps suggested by Zash) instead of simply reacting to it. Then Act 2 could have been about acquiring resources to win the fight. Similarly, if the SW wasn't so naive he could have spent Act 2 preparing to challenge Baras or at least readying himself for the inevitable betrayal.
Yeah that's why I think they should keep Kaal and Corrin, they could become Nox' right hands to build her powerhouse.

SithKoriandr
11.29.2012 , 01:42 AM | #24
So far in my SI's storyline, I wish we had a companion the likes of Mako or Vette.

I just started Chapter 2, but Thanatos seems to come out of nowhere as an enemy, when I'm wondering "Why the hell isn't anyone pointing to Khem and saying "She's alive! Time sharing with him! Exactly as she intended to do to me!"

Especially after having the wonderful line of "It was me! ME! ME! ME!" when asked if I knew who killed Skotia.

For having the storyline of an ex-slave and them not caring for an alien (not sure if a human inquisitor gets the same alien remarks), to me anyways, I would of prefered a more pirate feeling to my Sith. Smaller but more free powerbase (ie...the companions), a you against the galaxy, possibly playing both sides, the Republic and the Empire, against each other.

I actually enjoyed Chapter 1. Yes, you see that Zash is going to betray you (it's obvious). Wish the end fight scene between the both of you was played out a bit better, but I get it, they're wanting it to be setup so Zash becomes a timeshare with Khem.

Could of used a better play out instead of "Don't bring Revel, but hey, bring along Khem." and then not have any scene in the ritual to show why she'd want Khem there.

At first I didn't like Khem, but when I look at the SI as a space pirate, Khem is basically your more violent Chewie with some force action, and I came to like him a lot more

Revel needs to be a bit like Vette/Mako imo. Or at least give us a companion who's more like them. Admittedly, I don't know all about the other companions yet, but they so far....they're not looking so awesome.

I don't mind my SI getting her butt kicked in the story, but possibly some better action with it, instead of so far...BOOM! You lose. :/ Which again, is made out to be "Eh, I don't like you, we're enemies now"

Gameplay wise though, Assassin is just pure love

JLazarillo
11.29.2012 , 01:58 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Could of used a better play out instead of "Don't bring Revel, but hey, bring along Khem." and then not have any scene in the ritual to show why she'd want Khem there.
This actually was explained, roughly, by Kallig. Zash had undergone rituals to protect her from the power of the Force, and Khem, while not as reliant on it as the Inquisitor, also makes use of its power. Hence, Zash figured she'd be safer if she convinced you to bring him, as opposed to Andy, who could just skip all the Force nonsense and stick a blaster bolt between her eyes (and thus, ruin the whole chapter 1 finale ).

SithKoriandr
11.29.2012 , 11:32 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
This actually was explained, roughly, by Kallig. Zash had undergone rituals to protect her from the power of the Force, and Khem, while not as reliant on it as the Inquisitor, also makes use of its power. Hence, Zash figured she'd be safer if she convinced you to bring him, as opposed to Andy, who could just skip all the Force nonsense and stick a blaster bolt between her eyes (and thus, ruin the whole chapter 1 finale ).
Couldn't she have just killed him easily? Being a Darth and all.

AshlaBoga
11.30.2012 , 12:35 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Couldn't she have just killed him easily? Being a Darth and all.
Yeah, but she underestimated our morose monster and he finished her.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

maxetius
12.01.2012 , 07:25 PM | #28
Quote:
t Thanatos seems to come out of nowhere as an enemy
This is due to story rewrites. Thanaton was supposed to have a bigger role throughout, seeing as how he is basically a mirror story of the Sith Inquisitor, rising from being a Slave to the Dark Council.

The most obvious is when he says "I love you like a son/daughter, but your rise will mean the end of the Empire." Love? When he tried to kill you right off the bat? Oh well, guess we should just enjoy what we got.

Slowpokeking
12.01.2012 , 09:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
This is due to story rewrites. Thanaton was supposed to have a bigger role throughout, seeing as how he is basically a mirror story of the Sith Inquisitor, rising from being a Slave to the Dark Council.

The most obvious is when he says "I love you like a son/daughter, but your rise will mean the end of the Empire." Love? When he tried to kill you right off the bat? Oh well, guess we should just enjoy what we got.
He had a comic to introduce himself, and made a few appearances in chapter 1.

His problem is the motive, why would he want to kill Nox so much? The tradition does not make sense, betrayal is the core of the Sith, and Nox already defeated Zash.

magicallypuzzled
12.02.2012 , 12:45 AM | #30
that was pretty well explained darth (then lord zash) was thanatons underling and not only was she pro-freedom anti traditional (something that ticks thanaton off by it's self.) she also disobeyed a direct order (do not kill skotia) with the way sith think disobeying an order from a superior means she and every one associated with her has to die. the problem is he couldn't prove it and according to the tradition he likes so much that means she should get away scott free (it's only murder if your caught). So thanaton had a problem on the one hand he knows zash is antitradition and has killed skotia in defiance of every thing he holds sacred on the other he can;t actually prove it so everything he holds sacred says he has to let it slide.

you on the other hand had many witnesses see you go into the temple to kill zash. Which makes you an easy scapegoat to replace zash as the target of his rage at being disobeyed and you broke tradition (becuase of your supposed murder of zash being so open and common knowledge if you will.)