Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow change to advanced classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Allow change to advanced classes

armyrunner
11.25.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1
I had a thought as I logged into SWTOR for the first time in a long time today. I was thinking of what a wonderful idea it would be to add the ability, for paid subscribers, to change their respective advanced class. As a Commando, I'd love to try the Vanguard class without having to level another character all the way to 50. I was thinking it could be something that could cost either 2,000 cartel coins, have a 2-month cooldown, or something similar. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Xargyn
11.25.2012 , 07:00 PM | #2
I've always been opposed to changing the advanced class. There's only a few choices we make that actually matter. This is one of them.

Besides, if you reroll then you can always choose the different path (light or dark) than you did the last time to see the differences.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

Bynnar
11.25.2012 , 11:36 PM | #3
The play-style varies too much to really have room for this. I find more comparisons between a commando and a sage than a commando and a vanguard.

If you think of them like actual classes, you see the silliness in it.

When making your character, think:
Commando, Vanguard, Sentinel, Guardian, Gunslinger, Scoundrel, Sage, or Shadow

Instead of:
Trooper, Knight, Smuggler, or Consular

The original classes just set your story, not your class per-say. If you don't like the class, I'd recommend rerolling before you get past the capital planet.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rion View Post
You're words aren't going to keep them going when a vital artery gets severed.

Karasuko
11.25.2012 , 11:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by armyrunner View Post
I had a thought as I logged into SWTOR for the first time in a long time today. I was thinking of what a wonderful idea it would be to add the ability, for paid subscribers, to change their respective advanced class. As a Commando, I'd love to try the Vanguard class without having to level another character all the way to 50. I was thinking it could be something that could cost either 2,000 cartel coins, have a 2-month cooldown, or something similar. What are everyone else's thoughts?
No thanks.
If you really want to experience the vanguard class why not roll a powetech? that way you can advance both storylines.....

chuixupu
11.26.2012 , 09:02 PM | #5
The latest interview with Damion Schubert gave strong indications that AC change was going to be implemented in the future.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

RendValor
11.26.2012 , 09:15 PM | #6
Funny how it's always the Commandos who start these kinds of threads
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

SerowTOR
11.27.2012 , 02:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
No thanks.
If you really want to experience the vanguard class why not roll a powetech? that way you can advance both storylines.....
This is a very good suggestion.

revansowns
11.27.2012 , 11:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SerowTOR View Post
This is a very good suggestion.
Indeed, that's what I did. And now I find that I'm loving both my Commando and my Powertech.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

twinionx
11.27.2012 , 11:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by armyrunner View Post
Change to AC (and other character options) is long overdue.

Players should not be punished for choices they made in the beginning when they were relatively clueless.

As for re-rolling, why don't you tell that to people who wants to do server transfer? Ask them to re-roll in new server.

Helig
11.28.2012 , 02:34 AM | #10
I'm not opposed to AC change. But I'd rather see a "wardrobe" interface function (binding entire sets to one icon and reequipping in a flash), and a "proper" dual-spec (two or more custom talent layouts that you can switch outside combat at will) first.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie