Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EU Luke Skywalker vs Meetra Surik !

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
EU Luke Skywalker vs Meetra Surik !

Royox
12.13.2012 , 06:22 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by myolinyr View Post
Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi there ever was. Why even debate this?
If I don't remember badly....someone told to the Jedi Exile that the most powerfull her foe was in the force, the most damage she would deal to him with the force.

The Exile is the opposite of Luke. Luke is "the force", Meetra is the end of the force. I think Luke would just die when facing the Exile as he would not be able to bear that "void" in the force.

Wolfninjajedi
12.13.2012 , 06:44 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
If I don't remember badly....someone told to the Jedi Exile that the most powerfull her foe was in the force, the most damage she would deal to him with the force.

The Exile is the opposite of Luke. Luke is "the force", Meetra is the end of the force. I think Luke would just die when facing the Exile as he would not be able to bear that "void" in the force.
If that were true, then why does she even need to fight?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Spartanik
12.13.2012 , 08:22 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
In a very taxing variation of this technique usable only by those with experience in battle meditation, the Force user could use the Force to sever a target who was heavily tainted or consumed by the dark side. This technique effectively caged the user's power within their own darkness and rendered them blind to the Force, though not dead to it.[11] Nomi Sunrider used this technique on Ulic Qel-Droma after he killed his brother Cay on Ossus.

Taken from the Star Wars wiki.
Yes but Ulic wasnt even fighting at the time, was completely vunerable, after killing his own brother, he realized what he had done, even droped his lightsaber on the ground if i recall from dark horse comic, he was completely broken emotionaly, Nomi seeing what happen and with a broken heart did that technique to him.

Quote:
He brought balance to the force, he didn't destroy the darkside since that would unbalance the force to the light side.
Ahh doesnt work that way, from what i could gather it was the sith line that brought unbalance to the force trough the use of the darkside, because they use it to unbalance a natural order Remember palpatine line, " darkside of the force its a pathway to many abilities that manny consider unatural". There never can be unbalance trough use of the light side. Light side means one with force, harmony with the natural order, listen to the will of the force, not bend it.
Its the way i see it more or less.

But i think the whole thing was never meant to be looked at that deth, i think lucas certainly didn't knew the moster was creating.so naturaly there will be huge gapholes, things arent very easly explain, because it wasnt ever meanted.
In OT the force is one thing, in the prequels is another, darth was vader name not a title in the OT, for instance.
so i try to not look at much deth in many things in star wars because mostly of them have very cheasy, cliché explanations, or a very shady explanation to it. That is the reason why i look at star wars, for what it is nothing more. Just enjoy the story for their simplicity, star wars was never about whos more powerfull it was always about what power can do to people imo wich its a current theme in many fantastic fantasy series, what star wars brough was a mix of adventure in to a a fantastic universe wich i realy enjoy, many people do.
Because i think when they try they make a terrible job in trying to be avanguard, original, or even having a pretense to be intelectual chalenging star wars Its not that it! was never meanted to be that.
just my 2 cent.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

SuperGrunt
12.13.2012 , 09:07 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Disagree. First off; the prophecy had nothing to do with someone reaching his full potential, but about someone restoring balance. And why have Mace say the line about the prophecy possibly being misinterpreted? That line was put in movie for a reason. And if Anakin had been the Chosen One, he would exactly had brought balance.
But it was Luke who brought balance. = prophecy misread = Luke was the Chosen One.
Balance doesn't necessarily mean good, and if you insist on it being good, Anakin killed the Emperor, not Luke. Also in the prophecy the Chosen One was born of the Force, which means Anakin (aka Jedi Jesus), not Luke who was born as a result of Anakin boinking Padme.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Losh
12.14.2012 , 12:38 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Luke was born as a result of Anakin boinking Padme.
Love it.