Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What do you want to do every day in the endgame?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What do you want to do every day in the endgame?

omNOMNOMinator's Avatar


omNOMNOMinator
11.24.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1
So when I log on with my Level 50 it seems all there is to do is daily questing, flashpoints, PvP, operations, crafting. All very exciting, obviously and good fun, but it really doesn't fill the time up and daily questing isn't that great after the 100th time.

So you, as a player and hopefully a subscriber, what do you want to do every day when you log in?

I personally would love to do some Pazaak every day, and would love a community jobs board to look at. Stuff like "I will pay x$ for someone to help me with x".

Okay the last idea maybe wouldn't work. But I can't think of much else. So what things could Bioware put in the game for us to spend our time doing, ways of earning money and having community fun times. Do we all agree that there is a gap in the game, something needs to be implemented? Or do you think that it's fine and nothing else is needed?
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
11.24.2012 , 08:37 AM | #2
Roll an alt - if you're not actively experiencing story in this game, you really have no business being here. And I don't mean that in a "play an alt or get out!"-sense. I mean it in that the story in the leveling experience is the one thing that SW:TOR does uniquely - everything else it tries to do is a dreary knockoff of other games that already do it better. Thus, if you're not here for the story, there are quite a few other games that do the "grind" game a lot more effectively.

omNOMNOMinator's Avatar


omNOMNOMinator
11.24.2012 , 08:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
Roll an alt - if you're not actively experiencing story in this game, you really have no business being here. And I don't mean that in a "play an alt or get out!"-sense. I mean it in that the story in the leveling experience is the one thing that SW:TOR does uniquely - everything else it tries to do is a dreary knockoff of other games that already do it better. Thus, if you're not here for the story, there are quite a few other games that do the "grind" game a lot more effectively.
I have to disagree. I think that the combat in this game is really really awesome. Operations and flashpoitns are, in my experience, unrivalled by any other game. They are amazing - especially newer content which is better than ever. It's immersive, exciting, complex, beautiful, difficult, challenging, social, tactical, fluid. I think they're awesome. But I'd like more fun social or whatever stuff to do in the endgame to fill the gaps and earn money, other than dailies.
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

noodlehaus's Avatar


noodlehaus
11.24.2012 , 08:58 AM | #4
file a ticket on CS so I can get my CC rewards.

omNOMNOMinator's Avatar


omNOMNOMinator
11.24.2012 , 09:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by noodlehaus View Post
file a ticket on CS so I can get my CC rewards.
What are you talking about 0.o
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
11.24.2012 , 09:03 AM | #6
I'd like mini-games and random dailies. I don't want to do the same thing every day. Class-specific dailies and/or companion-based dailies that rotated on a random basis would provide variability and give me a reason to log onto my alts. As it is, I do dailies on one toon and really don't care to repeat the same stuff on my other toons.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

omNOMNOMinator's Avatar


omNOMNOMinator
11.24.2012 , 09:10 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I'd like mini-games and random dailies. I don't want to do the same thing every day. Class-specific dailies and/or companion-based dailies that rotated on a random basis would provide variability and give me a reason to log onto my alts. As it is, I do dailies on one toon and really don't care to repeat the same stuff on my other toons.
I think the game needs more community, social, or multiplayer stuff. Dailies are SP content. It just doesn't cut it for me.
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Satanski's Avatar


Satanski
11.24.2012 , 09:12 AM | #8
Random open world pvp in dailies areas, open world pvp with designated, "multistaged" goals, quests which send you to other faction territory, flashpoints/operations with random maps, player created content, something like skirmishes from LOTRO, social games.

omNOMNOMinator's Avatar


omNOMNOMinator
11.24.2012 , 09:15 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Random open world pvp in dailies areas, open world pvp with designated, "multistaged" goals, quests which send you to other faction territory, flashpoints/operations with random maps, player created content, something like skirmishes from LOTRO, social games.
I've thought before about territory PvP as a more prominent factor of this game. I think it would work really well if there were planets with more territorial battle happening that actually changes based on open world PvP performance. Republic bases become Imp bases and vice versa.
Srill - Twi-Lekk Gunslinger
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

noodlehaus's Avatar


noodlehaus
11.24.2012 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omNOMNOMinator View Post
I've thought before about territory PvP as a more prominent factor of this game. I think it would work really well if there were planets with more territorial battle happening that actually changes based on open world PvP performance. Republic bases become Imp bases and vice versa.
wintergrasp/tol barad worked well for wow -- fighting for control on a territory that granted you access to resources (in wow's case, raid bosses that gave you gear).

something directly similar or a spin off would be great.